Best Car Driving Schools and Experiences!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I think this is the right time to open a thread on this topic, since many members from our forum are looking ahead to their first driving lessons. I hope it will benefit us all to learn, share and discuss about the various driving schools in our area and their experiences. To start off, I would recommend ANY new driver to try out Maruti Suzuki Driving School at least once, where the training is provided professionally in a well-systemized manner. Although, the only drawback I could think of is that it's available in limited cities only. Please check this official website for complete details and information: Maruti Driving School

Drive Safe,
350Z

There are many car driving schools available which teach us driving tips. But none of them are really good. There is a huge difference between the driving school in India and other countries. Tickets will be issued if people violate the driving rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am yet to come across any good school in India so far. Some of the driving schools in other parts of the world are way above India

Maruti driving schools till date is the best. One of my younger friends learnt there and his experience has been good.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
I am yet to come across any good school in India so far. Some of the driving schools in other parts of the world are way above India

Maruti driving schools till date is the best. One of my younger friends learnt there and his experience has been good.
That is good. I'm yet to hear some experiences from a person who has actually completed the driving course from Maruti's driving school. Apart of it, I believe that India also has a lot of road side driving schools which usually provide driving license without the actual training or tests. And these needs to be weed out ASAP before we happen to see more morons driving over the roads all around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My wife took driving lessons from "Maruti Driving School", sometime back. And i feel this is much better than the roadside driving schools.
The rate is on bit higher side, but fully worth.

Car Driving Experience driving schools are widely known for being informative, engaging, and student-friendly. The more student-friendly schools also assign a personal instructor to each attendee so they have an expert riding with them while they're on the track.

On road side driving schools, instructors themselves are not trained on road sense forget about imparting training on students. People should seek information from online system and seek clarifications from instructors probabaly then they might upgrade themselves or direct you to the correct person.

Problem in our country is people think, they know everything and take control of the wheel whereas, little or no knowledge is very dangerous. I have seen people giving light signal to turn left and showing hand for right turn. These people should be banned.

My wife took driving lessons from "Maruti Driving School", sometime back. And i feel this is much better than the roadside driving schools.
The rate is on bit higher side, but fully worth.
dude how much is charges for Maruti Driving School and for how long duration??

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
On road side driving schools, instructors themselves are not trained on road sense forget about imparting training on students. People should seek information from online system and seek clarifications from instructors probabaly then they might upgrade themselves or direct you to the correct person.

Problem in our country is people think, they know everything and take control of the wheel whereas, little or no knowledge is very dangerous. I have seen people giving light signal to turn left and showing hand for right turn. These people should be banned.
Precisely the reason for most of the road accidents in India: Lack of basic driving sense. I said this elsewhere in forum earlier and would like to repeat again, if we want to minimize the number of causalities on roads, the actual cause must be cleared up from the root. And the very beginning to it is unauthorized / roadside driving schools which teach nothing but poor driving skills. In fact, on one of them nearby my area, earlier it used to be a complete 15 Day course but now they have compressed it as only five day crash course (One hour per day). I don't feel this much period is sufficient for a beginner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have never been to driving schools till now. But most of the road side driving schools just asks us to pay the fees , give an LLR and after 30 days take us to RTO test take a photo and give the DL. People also prefer this system these days as its time saving and you can be assured to get a valid DL even if you don't know how to engage the car in first gear!

Personally when i went to the RTO to get my DL i saw many people coming through these driving schools who couldn't even move the car barely few feets , but they were passed in the test!

Well I learnt driving with the help of my father and my driver,they encouraged me in every aspects and my full fledged driving came to existence in Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Maruti Driving school has a good rapport in our city; They charge a premium but the training is efficient was the words which i heard by my friend who went through the driving classes.

At first there is a simulator machine kind of thing which tells about the basic controls of the car's mechanism to run.
Only then you will be able to drive the desired car.

One driving school in my place charges 2.5k where the training lasts for 10 days,along with LL and DL.

Well,my first time drive was as humorous as Mr.Bean is:-
Mr Sophie(chauffy) of ours is the person who taught me how to tame the horses and how to make them work for us.On total I took about 6 months to be called a perfect(not literally) driver in his views,till then every time I drove at any terrain he used to simply accompany me and tell me what to do and what not.

The first day I drove,I had the steering wheel of a Swift in my hands and there was an empty field in front of my eyes with not even a single person in the field due to cold morning of winters.So after 2-3 attempts the car started and same way it moved too and after 20 minutes happened what I always do,what it is?Doing what I am stopped from doing.
There was a small tree in the field and after 15 minutes the car had a broken grille and a broken tree was lying below the car's rear portion..:biggrin:And what was great that the tree was standing on flat ground with a lot of space to save the tree,but i simply ran over it.
This way I started driving,but now everything is quite okay.

About driving schools,my GF became angry from the way I tried to teach her driving and hence joined 'Maruti Driving school',they taught her through classroom programs,simulators and a Wagon-R car too and I think that their teaching is really good.

Overtake or Takeover ??

Hey Guys,

The title sounds funny right ?. Well, this is something my driving tutor got confused and left me amused.

I remember one of those early driving days, when I wanted to learn how to over take a vehicle. And my Tutor very much obliged to teach me how. So here it is the instructions as per him:

1. Shift into a lower gear, if you believe you are almost on the same speed
2. Step on the gas pedal
3. Intimate the vehicle in the front by honking/flashing your headlights or both
4. Increase your speed and take over the vehicle [lol]

I was like laughing hard when he said "Takeover the vehicle."

Top Bottom