Just back from TD which gave me answer for many queries haunting my mind since past couple of months
Answer for my own queries below:
1. Doors of BRIO will not lock automatically once it start moving. Need to go for aftermarket fitment for that feature including alarm.
2. I am using a WagonR VXi (1.1L 16 valves) with rear defogger now. But I have hardly used that defogger in my last 4 years with my existing car. So I think it will not be a deal breaker in my case. And most important is it was raining just now when i took TD. Though it was a slight drizzle, i never felt that the rear visibility is affected so much. And I am kind used to drive with ORVM instead of IRVM.
3. Boot space is limited. It is still a concern for me.
4. Can we call that as "headrest" really? I don’t think so. But I am not much concerned of this because 80% of the time car will be driven with vacant back seat.
5. After driving around 15Km through various roads (70% road was totally broken and was under construction and balance 30% highway) I am 80% satisfied with bad road behavior and 100% with highway FUN. The TD vehicle was 18000 KM on the ODO and here was slight pulling towards right side which I guess because wheel balancing not done recently.
I found the fabric trim shockingly missed in the door trims. SE said that there is no solution for that even no aftermarket fitment too. I scare that the paint will peel off once you start use that pocket continuously.
I am 90% OK with the performance and comfort offered by BRIO. Now it’s time to negotiate
I am getting an offer of 6.1L OTR in Bangalore on VMT with some freebies like Reverse parking sensor and Floor mats etc... But no extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year. How is the deal guys? Do you think still there is a margin to negotiate? This deal is against the pricelist showing 6.58L OTR for VMT (including 3rd & 4th year extended warranty and RSA). Anyway I am planning to visit another dealer in one or two days and will try for a comparison for better negotiation.
But its sure only BRIO nothing else this time
Originally Posted by gns_blr
Following this thread for quiet sometime now, my mind is almost made up for Honda Brio now. I am yet to have a test drive but visited showroom and had a close look on BRIO. Appreciate if someone could throw some light to my concerns below
1. Does Brio have a speed sensing door lock which locks the door once the car starts moving?
2. I will be travelling between Kochi and Bangalore at least once in two months. Do you think that the absence of rear defogger and washer be a deal breaker in my case? Consider that the distance from Kochi to Bangalore is about 540KM
3. How is that boot space? Is it enough for a family trip with me driving and my wife and 1 year old son accompanying?
4. How is the back seat headrest? Is it OK for 540km journey with at least two on back seat?
5. I have seen posts saying the ride is not impressive especially on highways and bad roads. Owners please comment on this?
I am almost made up my mind and trying hard to convince my wife to change my existing WagonR VXi. Your inputs will surely help me to take immediate decision.