My Honda Brio SMT Rallye Red

Thread Starter #31
Re: 5 Days Epic Saga - My Honda Brio SMT Ralley Red

they have inventories in big cities like delhi but outside delhi they still have a waiting period. was talking to ajith in sudeep's thread and he also has booked a brio and they have taken a week to deliver it. Just coz dealers have inventories does not mean the car is not selling. The Delhi traders/dealers are known to buy things in bulk and extract more discounts by giving order in bulk since space is not a constrain for them. Anyways money lying in current accounts gives no interest which they use to bargain better rates from car manufacturers.

Same is the case with mobile and that is how the mobile market in gafar operates.eg buy 500 pcs @ this rate, buy 800 pcs n get 200 free. comparing cars with mobiles is like comparing apples with oranges but the example i gave is to make u understand how the dealers extract more profits from the manufacturers.

ritz is a good car, but if you want to buy a futuristik car then brio is the one to own. The more you think, the more confused you will get. Just make up ur mind and cut the deal.

post purchase dissonance is something very hard to let go. It is in our intrinsic nature. so buy what ur mind n heart says as a team.

Thread Starter #32
Re: 5 Days Epic Saga - My Honda Brio SMT Rallye Red

got the armrest and mudflaps fitted from a dealer in karol bagh, paid 1050 in total. Love the armrest since we can adjust the height of the armrest depending on your mood :eek:

will post pics later.

got the armrest and mudflaps fitted from a dealer in karol bagh, paid 1050 in total. Love the armrest since we can adjust the height of the armrest depending on your mood :eek:

will post pics later.
Cool is it a after market fittment ?

Thread Starter #34

Cool is it a after market fittment ?
yes, honda does not offer this. matches the color of my seat covers perfectly.

Attachments

yes, honda does not offer this. matches the color of my seat covers perfectly.
Wow this just amazing man looks damn damn cool and the quality also seems great and matches the seat covers to the T . Superb I must say and iam sure it must be pleasure resting your hand in it and shifting gears or on long runs right ? Btw did you put the bumper corner guards and do you find by anychance the car has lesser ground clearance ?

Thread Starter #36

Wow this just amazing man looks damn damn cool and the quality also seems great and matches the seat covers to the T . Superb I must say and iam sure it must be pleasure resting your hand in it and shifting gears or on long runs right ? Btw did you put the bumper corner guards and do you find by anychance the car has lesser ground clearance ?
bumper corner guards ( front n rear) i got fitted before i got delivery, thou on hind site i find they are waste....after market ones for about 450/500 odd seem to be better option since they cover a lot of bumper for protection. But then u wont get them in red or any fancy color.

wrt ground clearance, no such issue yet. seems ok to me.

Attachments

bumper corner guards ( front n rear) i got fitted before i got delivery, thou on hind site i find they are waste....after market ones for about 450/500 odd seem to be better option since they cover a lot of bumper for protection. But then u wont get them in red or any fancy color.

wrt ground clearance, no such issue yet. seems ok to me.
So far in Mumbai I have seen this guards are black how come you get them body coloured ? They look smart .
But believe I have seen many brios precisely have scratches on that perfect spot .

Thread Starter #38

So far in Mumbai I have seen this guards are black how come you get them body coloured ? They look smart .
But believe I have seen many brios precisely have scratches on that perfect spot .
lol, then i can say its a wise decision to get them fitted. i had paid for them on sunday when i finalized the rest of accessories.

they called me today to confirm the fog lights have arrived and i can come at my convenience to get them fitted. Since i was free in the 2nd half i told them to send someone today itself and get it done. The SE called me back saying they want to check the wiring and all on the TD vehicle before they fit mine. I was surprised and enquired has anyone ever got these fitted before in ur service station, she meekly said u r the first. After an hr she called me back and confirmed that the engineers have successfully tested the fog lights the TD vehicle and i can come anytime to get em fitted. Have decided to go on sunday morning personally and get this done once for all.

i got a call from their QC dept or was it service dept inquiring on how the car was running and how would i rate the SE who sold me the vehicle. I gave her a 100/10 in all aspects since she had helped me a great deal all through including the stamp paper fiasco. But yes i did complaint about a rattling noise which comes from the dash board above the music system when the road is not so smooth. She confirmed that maybe some part may not be tightly fitted and she will get it checked soon. I told her clearly i do not expect any kind of noise/rattle from a 3 day old vehicle.

Both the arm-rest and nudge guard look's very cool on your car what is the ODO reading and mileage you are getting?

The arm rest looks uber cool in beige. Matches the interior tone to a tee. Great new addition. U paid 1k for it, incl the fixing??

I feel the dealership charged a tad more (which they always do) for the bumper protectors. Tho they look perfect in red, naturally camouflaged.

If possible enquire abt a Piranha Autocop system as you park your car outside, in open parking. Get the quote from a local dealer. Just for some peace of mind. If we spend so much on car cosmetics, might as well for security as well. Just my 2 cents. [:)]

Maruti showroom is just the walking distance away from my place but honda is 25 kms away but this i can adjust.

Ritz steering is just too hard compare to light steering of brio, this is the main thing for which i feel i close to brio more..as my i10 steering is totally unresponsive.

I am just thinking of long term maintenance part..

I am not considering swift because my friend who got irritated with no brakes in low speeds..

Also im concern of low honda brio sales in the month of june though i know dealerships had large inventories.

I am in 2 minds weather to go with brio or should i wait for swift to rectify the brakes issue ir i just gO with ritz..

Though ritz is practical car but somewhere i dont like it much..their wil be no new car feeling if u buy ritz..this will not the case with brio..
Hey dude,

The air surrounding the exclusivity for Brio is unmatchable. But this is true for any new car. The Brio has rocked the market with a sporty design, total VFM and the unbeatable Honda badge.

This hatchback is a treat to drive around, specially in a city like Mumbai where driving has become quite challenging.

i10 is a sucker for average, and the same has been affirmed by my friends who own it.

Nitin has summed it up very well and might aid in solving ur dilemma.

Cheers.

Hey dude,

The air surrounding the exclusivity for Brio is unmatchable. But this is true for any new car. The Brio has rocked the market with a sporty design, total VFM and the unbeatable Honda badge.

This hatchback is a treat to drive around, specially in a city like Mumbai where driving has become quite challenging.

i10 is a sucker for average, and the same has been affirmed by my friends who own it.

Nitin has summed it up very well and might aid in solving ur dilemma.

Cheers.
Yes..hey i am concern of dashboard rattling sound which nitin mentions here..even few bhpians also complained the same thing before..hope it can be rectified..

Thread Starter #43

Both the arm-rest and nudge guard look's very cool on your car what is the ODO reading and mileage you are getting?
will take a pic tommorrow.

The arm rest looks uber cool in beige. Matches the interior tone to a tee. Great new addition. U paid 1k for it, incl the fixing??

I feel the dealership charged a tad more (which they always do) for the bumper protectors. Tho they look perfect in red, naturally camouflaged.

If possible enquire abt a Piranha Autocop system as you park your car outside, in open parking. Get the quote from a local dealer. Just for some peace of mind. If we spend so much on car cosmetics, might as well for security as well. Just my 2 cents. [:)]
it was sheer luck that they match the interiors perfectly. paid 1050 including labor for the mudguards and arm rest.

since u mentioned it, i will visit autocop later this week. I have been to their headoffice cum workshop in naraina ( behind PVR) to get central locking fitted in my S10 a few years back. The company rates are always less than what the dealers in market charge and also their service team is more efficient.

Yes..hey i am concern of dashboard rattling sound which nitin mentions here..even few bhpians also complained the same thing before..hope it can be rectified..
oh, so its a known issue. surprises me how that lady on phone acted as if she heard about it the first time.

If she acted like she heard that for the first time..is that mean that honda has not got any solution yet for dashboard rattling..lets hope for the best..

Thread Starter #45

went to ringroad honda today to get the fog lights installed. was told it will take me 2 hrs but 4 hrs later came back with fog lights but non operating ones!!!!

The wiring had some issues and it took them 3 hrs to figure that out.

Below the music system where u hv the ac push button, there is an empty button which will have controls for the foglight. that push button is connected with a wire which is fitted with the main circuit. This wire was faulty.

Since they had already removed the bumper i asked them to fit the lights while they can ask for a replacement for the wring from GN factory.

On return went to autocop's HO in naraina. These guys have stopped selling units from their office and only offer service. They guided me to a retailer in naraina and i got autocop xs installed for Rs 2800. Took the company guy about 1.5 hrs but he did a good job. The engineer left the boot part since he found no place to fit in the button. Has anyone else faced this issue with the boot part ? Now everything is protected except the boot :( The back glass being so big, he said there is no space to fit the button as there is equal padding on all sides and placing the button will prevent the boot from closing properly. :eek:

Last edited:

Top Bottom