Fiat Punto MJD BNW - Experience

Thread Starter #1
Its been three weeks since I bought my car, and did not get time to write a review.Today, as I am pretty jobless at office,I thought I will give it a start.

I have been using a preowned Hyundai Santro (2001 make) since 2007, it was consistently giving me poor mileage (hardly 10), had issue with AC all the time. Maintenence and service cost was peeking up. [frustration] So, it was time for a change.

The search began at the time of the launch of Honda Brio. I found it cute, and then did a test drive. Yes, it was a fun to drive car, but I wanted a hatch in the next segment. The search continued from Brio, went on to Swift, then new Dzire, then to Jazz. I loved the Jazz for the quality and space. I booked a Urban Titanium Jazz Select in Feb and the dealer told me it would take 2 months atleast. I was waiting. In March, a few Jazz's came and the dealer said if I could sacrifice on color,I could take the silver or red one. I told I will take the silver one, and was arranging for the loan. But, apart from the promise given by the dealer, someone who booked before me paid the full amount and took the silver one. I really got irritated. Then he said, it would take atleast 1-2 more months. Then the budget would come, auto prices will hike. I was confused.

Then , started change in thoughts, as dad said, "why dont you check on diesel?". So did a TD of i20,Punto, Pulse, Swift, Polo and even the Sunny. Swift had waiting period of 8 to 10 months. Loved the stunning looks of the Polo, but highline variant was too costly and the 3 cylinder engine turned me off. i20 was a good package,but as the facelift was on the corner and a price hike expected (already pricey), I decided against it.

I had driven my friends Punto, but was not quite satisfied with the space and plastic quality. Then did a TD of the 2012 Punto. The ride quality was too good. I found that the interiors had improved, and space, was not a concern and was better than swift. Not only that, there was lots offers and freebies.
Offers: Free insurance + exchange bonus + corporate discount.
Accessories: Reverse Parking sensors, mud flaps, sunfilms, floor mats, door sill plates.
Not only that they would deliver the car within 2 weeks. So everything came together. Booked the Punto Emotion in March. Color: Bossa Nova white.
I took delivery on 28th March. [drive] I have taken many pics and will share soon.

Few things noticed:
* Punto surely has a stunning design and will turn heads.
* The suspension, ride quality and handling precison are some of the greatest advantages.
* Requires lot of downshits, powerless at low RPM's. But, once the threshold is reached, it will fly.
* Easy to find a good driving position.
* Interior space is average. No issues for family and friends. Few tall friends have complained though. There are few cup holders, strictly for 500ml bottles.
* Steering mounted controls, Blue & me and Voice commands are just great. Attending calls during driving truely helps.
* Stock music system was better than I expected. Good sound quality while playing from USB.
* The AC chills the cabin fast. Automatic climate control helps during long runs.
* 195/65 tyres provide sufficient road grip. Alloys are good, but are dirt magnets and requires regular cleaning.
* The grab type door handles would have been better.
* The clutch is too long and needs time to get used to it.
* The arm rests on the doors are so good to rest on.
* Ample boot space for shopping and travelling purposes.
* The cabin illumination is good during night rides, theatre style cabin lamp dimming gives a good feel.
* Exact door open indicator, setting speed limit, auto lock features are useful.
* Its quite difficult to locate USB slot inside the glove box.
* I have covered around 700kms.The average FE I am getting is just 12km/l. 90% city, 100% AC. [thinking]

Here are the link for the photos of my Punto:

Exterior Pics

Interior Photos

Last edited:
Re: Fiat Punto MJD BNW -Experience

Let me be the 1st guy to congratulate .Though i like the new oceanic blue more,BNW looks good in your display picture and want to see more pics of it.[;)]. Do post more pics and keep us updated.Wishing you happy miles.

Btw, is the thing with lot of downshifts right? Again, don't just worry on FE. After-all, its a diesel right, unlike the jazz. I hope the FE figures will improve vastly after the engine sets.

Last edited:

Congratulations buddy. Even I am a happy Punter.

Your fuel efficiency is good enough for dense city traffic.

Congratulations Anand !!
Another Punto guy in forum, it's raining puntos here. I too want to see some 2012 BNW pics. yes, FE will increase once you cross around 1000KMs. I was getting 13-14 KMPL below <1000 KMs but after that I am getting 17 KMPL in CITY traffic and 23 KMPL in NH.

Wish you many Happy miles ahead!!

Thread Starter #7
Here are few snaps, taken by me and my friend. [:)]

Attachments

Congratzzz buddy for your new BNW Punto. Pics are good. It always please my eyes to see the pics of Punto. :-).

Your FE will increase, but for heavy traffic the FE you are getting is acceptable.

BEAUTIFUL is the word

These pics of your punto look more of an art. Send them to FIAT to spread these pics around to attract buyers. I am sure it will work.

Congrats for possessing a beauty man. Pamper her.

Congrats for your new buy. Drive safe...btw the pics are really well composed, makes the subject look extraordinary

Congrats for your new Punto, Anand. This is one good hatch for car enthusiasts.
The pictures look too good.
Planned for any extra accessories?

Have a happy miles and happy motoring, do keep the thread updated.[:)]

Thread Starter #13
Let me be the 1st guy to congratulate .Though i like the new oceanic blue more,BNW looks good in your display picture and want to see more pics of it.[;)]. Do post more pics and keep us updated.Wishing you happy miles.

Btw, is the thing with lot of downshifts right? Again, don't just worry on FE. After-all, its a diesel right, unlike the jazz. I hope the FE figures will improve vastly after the engine sets.
Thanks for the wishes akhil. Even the oceanic blue looks good, I felt white was looking better. About the downshift, if the down shifting is not done at the right time, then it feels very powerless. At lower rpm's it feels strained to move forward.
What about your jazz? Any news about delivery?
About FE, even I hope the same.

Congratulations buddy. Even I am a happy Punter.

Your fuel efficiency is good enough for dense city traffic.
Thanks for the wishes buddy.

Congrats Anand for you new posession. I think efficiency will increase after 5000 kms but for city it seems not bad
Thanks for the wishes. Yeah, even I heard after first service it will improve.

Congratulations Anand !!
Another Punto guy in forum, it's raining puntos here. I too want to see some 2012 BNW pics. yes, FE will increase once you cross around 1000KMs. I was getting 13-14 KMPL below <1000 KMs but after that I am getting 17 KMPL in CITY traffic and 23 KMPL in NH.

Wish you many Happy miles ahead!!
Thanks a lot for the wishes. Thats very good FE figures that you have got. I will share the interior pics soon. Did not get a chance to take them till now.

Congrats Anand. Wish you happy times with the punto..
Thanks buddy.

This is sheer beauty no other hatch back looks so sexy as the grande punto look.
Thanks buddy.

Congratzzz buddy for your new BNW Punto. Pics are good. It always please my eyes to see the pics of Punto. :-).

Your FE will increase, but for heavy traffic the FE you are getting is acceptable.
Thanks for the wishes buddy.

BEAUTIFUL is the word

These pics of your punto look more of an art. Send them to FIAT to spread these pics around to attract buyers. I am sure it will work.

Congrats for possessing a beauty man. Pamper her.

Thanks buddy. [:D] Courtesy to my friend who took the last two pics. Can we really send it?

Congrats for your new buy. Drive safe...btw the pics are really well composed, makes the subject look extraordinary
Thanks Jazzy for the wishes. Hope the Jazz is doing good too.

Congrats for your new Punto, Anand. This is one good hatch for car enthusiasts.
The pictures look too good.
Planned for any extra accessories?

Have a happy miles and happy motoring, do keep the thread updated.[:)]
Thanks buddy. Since the reverse sensor that was available was the buzzer type, and what I wanted was the one which indicates the distance in mirror, I rejected the freebie and got a cash discount for 3k. Now, planning to do it from outside. My friends suggested reverse camera, so that I can use the display for multimedia as well. Nothing confirmed. Please give your suggestions. Also, I'd like to add seat covers.

Can anyone tell me the prices and details of basic accessories like seat covers, reverse sensor or camera etc?

Last edited:
Since the reverse sensor that was available was the buzzer type, and what I wanted was the one which indicates the distance in mirror, I rejected the freebie and got a cash discount for 3k. Now, planning to do it from outside. My friends suggested reverse camera, so that I can use the display for multimedia as well.
The reverse sensor in my car has two switches below the screen - one for the display and one for the sound. You can selectively switch the two ON or OFF, individually.

So, if you want only display without sound, you just need to switch off the 'sound' switch.

Thanks buddy. [:D] Courtesy to my friend who took the last two pics. Can we really send it?
I was just kidding. But still, may be you can do it. You can check the website of FIAT. May be there is an option, coz I have seen something like this on Volksawagen U.K site where you can create your account and post your car pictures etc.

Thanks buddy. Since the reverse sensor that was available was the buzzer type, and what I wanted was the one which indicates the distance in mirror
Sensor that indicates distance!! You mean you can see distance in inches/meters at a screen? If yea then this one is interesting.

Top Bottom