Its been three weeks since I bought my car, and did not get time to write a review.Today, as I am pretty jobless at office,I thought I will give it a start.
I have been using a preowned Hyundai Santro (2001 make) since 2007, it was consistently giving me poor mileage (hardly 10), had issue with AC all the time. Maintenence and service cost was peeking up.
So, it was time for a change.
The search began at the time of the launch of Honda Brio. I found it cute, and then did a test drive. Yes, it was a fun to drive car, but I wanted a hatch in the next segment. The search continued from Brio, went on to Swift, then new Dzire, then to Jazz. I loved the Jazz for the quality and space. I booked a Urban Titanium Jazz Select in Feb and the dealer told me it would take 2 months atleast. I was waiting. In March, a few Jazz's came and the dealer said if I could sacrifice on color,I could take the silver or red one. I told I will take the silver one, and was arranging for the loan. But, apart from the promise given by the dealer, someone who booked before me paid the full amount and took the silver one. I really got irritated. Then he said, it would take atleast 1-2 more months. Then the budget would come, auto prices will hike. I was confused.
Then , started change in thoughts, as dad said, "why dont you check on diesel?". So did a TD of i20,Punto, Pulse, Swift, Polo and even the Sunny. Swift had waiting period of 8 to 10 months. Loved the stunning looks of the Polo, but highline variant was too costly and the 3 cylinder engine turned me off. i20 was a good package,but as the facelift was on the corner and a price hike expected (already pricey), I decided against it.
I had driven my friends Punto, but was not quite satisfied with the space and plastic quality. Then did a TD of the 2012 Punto. The ride quality was too good. I found that the interiors had improved, and space, was not a concern and was better than swift. Not only that, there was lots offers and freebies.
Offers: Free insurance + exchange bonus + corporate discount.
Accessories: Reverse Parking sensors, mud flaps, sunfilms, floor mats, door sill plates.
Not only that they would deliver the car within 2 weeks. So everything came together. Booked the Punto Emotion in March. Color: Bossa Nova white.
I took delivery on 28th March.
I have taken many pics and will share soon.
Few things noticed:
* Punto surely has a stunning design and will turn heads.
* The suspension, ride quality and handling precison are some of the greatest advantages.
* Requires lot of downshits, powerless at low RPM's. But, once the threshold is reached, it will fly.
* Easy to find a good driving position.
* Interior space is average. No issues for family and friends. Few tall friends have complained though. There are few cup holders, strictly for 500ml bottles.
* Steering mounted controls, Blue & me and Voice commands are just great. Attending calls during driving truely helps.
* Stock music system was better than I expected. Good sound quality while playing from USB.
* The AC chills the cabin fast. Automatic climate control helps during long runs.
* 195/65 tyres provide sufficient road grip. Alloys are good, but are dirt magnets and requires regular cleaning.
* The grab type door handles would have been better.
* The clutch is too long and needs time to get used to it.
* The arm rests on the doors are so good to rest on.
* Ample boot space for shopping and travelling purposes.
* The cabin illumination is good during night rides, theatre style cabin lamp dimming gives a good feel.
* Exact door open indicator, setting speed limit, auto lock features are useful.
* Its quite difficult to locate USB slot inside the glove box.
* I have covered around 700kms.The average FE I am getting is just 12km/l. 90% city, 100% AC.
Here are the link for the photos of my Punto: Exterior Pics Interior Photos