Originally Posted by 350Z
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi: 10th Service Experience
The car has clocked over 17,000 Kms so far and I have a few updates to share:
- The battery was replaced earlier this year. Using Amaron at the moment.
- There was a strange kat-kat noise under the hood upon turning on the air-conditioner. Fixed during the recent service.
- Driver's side power window button gone kaput. Got it fixed by a local mechanic (otherwise whole unit is required to be replaced).
- Fiesta 1.6 is already a gas-guzzler and mileage further took a hit of late (7 - 8 Kmpl). I'm expecting it to improve after this service.
- The 10th service was performed by Delhi Ford (Vasant Kunj). I'm satisfied overall except for the quality of exterior / interior cleaning.
- I shared this issue during the feedback call and they've provided me a free car-cleaning coupon for the same. I appreciate this gesture.
- Ford Service Price Promise is a huge benefit. Ford service centers can't take their customers for a ride anymore although they still attempt to do.
Ford India has clearly made efforts to improve after-sales and expensive-to-own image but at the time when their latest mass-market products have lost their USPs.
Just 17000 kms and yet at 10th service.
So I think running is too low for this machine
I guess car needs to run more to sort out the mileage and power delivery right.
On short runs all petrol cars will give super less mileage.
My 2010 Figo as of now has completed 40k kms in 6 years span and its mileage on high running months has been aversge of 12-13 kmpl while low running monthd average an average mileage of 11-12 kmpl.
Also as quoted the Ford service has become super cheap nowadays infact I think Ford is as cheap as Maruti to service.
I changed my front left and back left suspension during my 60k kms or 6th year service and now its running almost similar to a new car, despite some heavy works too the car feels solid and rock steady and super driver involving.
But sad thing is despite it being soo good resale is dipping crazy for Figo and Fiesta
My Figo was quoted just Rs 2,00,000 by most while even a 2010 Vxi Alto can get over 2.5 lakhs
So a tad confused now, I probably will sell this beauty and get the new mainstream Indian Figo TDCi Titanium.