10,000 kms in my Scorpio VLX
Here is the description of the 10,000 km service of my mahindra scorpio VLX done at Global Gallarie (authorised A.S.S. of mahindra in thane, mumbai):
Service: Second Free Service
Kms. Run: 10604
Emery Paper --> Rs. 12.44
Maximile Coolant --> Rs. 116.75
Total --> Rs. 145 (including VAT)
As you can see, nothing was changed or replaced, only the coolant was topped up.
Other jobs done:
1) a minor brush with a bus had left a scar on the right RVM, it has been given a paint touch-up.
2) some rattling could be heard from the rear left door on rough surfaces sometimes. it was traced to the rear seat whose folding mechanism was tightened, problem solved.
3) the brakes had a tendency to squeak on light application. the brake pads were cleaned and adjusted. problem seems to be sorted till now.
Rest, the car is running fine. the service has been good and all complaints attended. the car was given today morning 11 am and returned back by 4.30 pm. the car was washed properly and tyre polish applied.
the FE has been 10 kmpl in city. no complains from the engine or gearbox but the vibrations in 3rd gear still persists.
my short review:
+ responsive engine with great driveability
+ refinement / NVH
+ auto wipers/headlights (useful to me!)
+ tyre pressure monitors (its very accurate with an error of +1 psi)
+ voice assist system (i personally like it more than buzzers and lights)
+ styling and road presence
- not so good ride quality
- gear lever vibrations in 3rd gear
- no airbags
- no indication for cruise control
overall, i am very happy with the vehicle and i would definetely suggest it as a worthy buy. 15,000 kms UPDATE:
My scorpio mHawk has just completed 15,000 kms a week back. today it went for its 15,000 kms service. the car went to the A.S.S at 9.30 am and was delivered by 3 pm.
Total cost incurred: Rs. 467/-
I wont describe the pros & cons anymore as i have talked about it many times already! both the pros & cons still remain!
Major issues: None
1) Gear lever vibration in 3rd gear still persists. i again re-confirmed that it is present in all mHawks.
2) the driver's door sometimes used to squeak over rough roads. door nut tightened, problem solved.
Other than these, the car is running fine. However 15,000 kms on busy mumbai streets has left some marks on my scorpio. a sumo rear ended on my stationary scorpio, this has left a small black mark on the left side of the rear bumper. a idiot guy brushed his civic against my AGAIN STATIONARY scorpio which left AGAIN a black mark on its left mud flap.
its giving me an average of 9-10 kmpl on crowded city runs and 13-14 kmpl on mix city-highway runs. all figures ith 100% AC. i know its less but thats mainly due to my style of driving, i have the habit of flooring the throttle in every gear.
1) black vinyl on B, C & D pillars: looks nice & has stuck well.
2) Garware reflective film: i am not too happy with the choice of the sun film.
3) Carryman front guard: the best accessory of my scorpio, looks excellent and no problems whatsoever.
4) JBL basstube + Sony 4 ch amp + 2 sony 400W ovals: all are working fine.
5) Roots windtone 90 horns: working fine & sounds great.
To be installed:
2) dump sony and install JBL on front & rear + a new HU
this is happen as & when Vitamin M pours in.
2 incidents happened within 2 days which i thought is worth mentioning in my ownership report:
1) yesterday, i was driving towards mulund from byculla on the eastern express highway. it was a dull afternoon & traffic was light. i was driving on the right lane at about 110 kmph. few metres away i see this 'tata 407' tempo trying to get into my lane. i flash my headlight and honk twice since if i let him come into my way, i would have to brake quite hard. judging my speed, the temp cuts back into is lane and gives me the hand signal to pass. at about 90 kmph, i again accelerate to pass and just as my car's nose reached his front tyre, very abruptly he cuts into my lane. that is followed by my emergency braking and a little swerve to the right. the scorpio came to a dead halt from 100-0 kmph in a perfectly straight line... no drama, so skidding & no screeching. i could even feel the ABS
work through the brake pedals. there was no front end dive as expected. i was greatly impressed by such a braking performance. THE ABS
2) today a santro hit my parked scorpio while he was parking. the santro's damage was a badly dented front right fender. the damage to my car was a scratch on the rear left cladding! i enquired at the mahindra showroom as what will it cost to get the cladding re-painted, they say its 1500. this tough build of mahindra is what i adore.
meanwhile, an unscheduled visit to the A.S.S. happened:
1) as i said earlier, the santro guy had scraped the paint, so re-painting was to be done.
2) some tik tik noise from the driver seatbelt on rough roads
3) driver door squeaking on rough roads.
1) re-painting was not necessary according to the A.S.S as the damage was 'NIL'. they did a free touch up job. they did a good job, its hardly noticeable.
2) seatbelt problem solved.
3) driver door along with all doors tightened & adjusted.
4) i had asked them to check for each & every noise in the cabin on rough roads, so they tightened the middle row seatback too. now the car's cabin is as silent as when new.
5) meanwhile, i opted for mahindra's 'MIRACLE TREATMENT'. Its basically an underbody treatment, an anti-rust coating. for the coating to be applied, they had to clean the car's underbody first & then apply the coating, but obvious! so now the wheels, wheel wells, shocks, etc. look spanking new!
6) the rear glass washer was not working, the washer container was choked. they replaced it under warranty.
so total cost incurred:
MIRACLE TREATMENT = Rs. 3500/-
WC TAX = Rs. 280/-
WSER TAX = Rs. 360/-
TOTAL = Rs. 4141/-