Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I am a little late in penning this initial ownership review, but then again its good as given me nearly 20 days to experience the vehicle at hand and possibly provide a better feedback.

Readers would be aware of my exercise to select the next hatch for my better half (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ends-booked-figo-titanium-d-kinetic-blue.html). The detailed TD experience and feedback I received from other subscribers to the above thread was really helpful.

Beginning of the year, I was able to sell the Chevy Spark and at my expected price. What I understood was that if you have time and have really looked after your vehicle, even non-maruti vehicles will get a good price. Just don't hurry and don't go in for the dealers (exchange or otherwise). The exchange bonuses offered are generally hog-wash and you will probably walk away with the same benefits if you bargain hard.

The sale of the Spark started in earnest the search of the next car. At the same time, I received word for the Ford SE I had been corresponding with that they had a Dec'12 Figo D Titanium K Blue (wife's preferred color) in stock. I had previously visited the Ford ASS near my place and had talked to many Figo owners who had come for servicing. Feedback were positive and the attitude of the SA etc. were quite good and they let me inspect the cars being serviced and washed. This helped a great deal as it in a way build up my confidence on FASS.
The Sales person offered me a good price, which was about Rs.15K lower than what I was offered in Nov last year and after a few minor negotiation we finalized the deal.

What I got:
1) Figo D Titanium (Dec '12)
2) Free Figo foot mats + Mud flaps
3) 3 year extended warranty

Later I included the 5 year Scheduled Service Plan (SSP) for Rs.17,623/-.

Made the PDI inspection in a couple of days, checked the car was truly Dec'12 manufacture + the other things. The SBI car loan was passed in exactly 3 days (surprised and pleased) and the SE did most of the leg work (again very pleased).

There was a delay of 3-4 days for the WB registration (PVD, Beltata) and ultimately got the delivery on 2-Feb 2013.

On the delivery day, reached the showroom (Kaikan Ford) at about 1:30 PM. SE was waiting and explained all the documents etc. Also refunded Rs.1200/- as had been charged extra. There was about 30 mins delay due to the car being readied and temp number plates being fixed (tin ones, not the paper stuff some companies stick now a days). The SE filled it up with exactly 5 lts of diesel from a jerry can in front of me and the fuel gauge remained at 0. When I filled her up immediately after delivery, it took another 44.9 lts. So the tank capacity is 50 lts (not 45 lts as in the manual), but 5 lts don't register on your gauge (emergency :-)).

Before delivery, the SE explained the feature of the car to my wife, while I tried to inspect the body, glass etc. for any dings/dongs etc. (they would have driven it to the showroom from the stockyard) so wanted to be sure. All were in order. We synced our phone to the music system which was effortless. Then there was a short photo session of the SE handling over the keys to my wife which they printed quickly and presented to us in a glass frame with a box of chocolates. I had taken a small gift for the SE, which we gave to him. Rest of it happened effortlessly and we left the showroom by 4:30 PM.

Filled her up, took her round way through the Rajarhat connector, through Salt Lake and returned home.

Experience so far:
1) Initial starting in the morning, the engine noise is very audible however soon gets drowned with road noise. Sticking with 30 sec warm up engine idle before starting the day and end day 30 sec idle running.
2) With the windows rolled up, very little noise filters inside. NVL is minimum and lesser than Maruti Swift.
3) Very good stability and handling at 100+ km/hr speed. This is what I am enjoying. More sure footed than my Honda Jazz - Jazz is more comfortable though.
4) Getting mileage of about 13.8-14 km/lt , which given the engine is new and the roads I travel is oK. This is with 50% AC. Expect this to go up to 16 km/lt with the engine settling in.
5) Discovered wax type material in the door drain holes. Probably door treatment has been done by Ford to increase noise insulation and stop rust.
6) Column mounted audio controls are easier to use once you get used to it. AC is quite good and though its not hot yet in Kolkata, keeping it at the lowest setting works for now. AC refrigerant is R-410A which is the environment friendly one.
7) No problem with GC so far. Initially one of the factors I was concerned about, but now confidence is growing.
8) Seats are well supported and the fabric is excellent. Will have them covered with Seat covers soon though.
9) Comparing external size, good amount space all round. I am 5'11'' and have no problem sitting in the front or back.
10) Music system - the default setting are worthless and generally pour out too much bass. You have to tweak the setting/equalizer to suit something you like. Its OK for me but would not suit a audiophile. Also default speakers are non-standard size and hence replacements not readily available in India.
11) No rattles etc. yet from the car.

Have fitted sleep door/kick plates, star foot mats, steering cover and door guards in the last weeks. Seat cover is pending.

All in all I am quite satisfied with the car. Hopefully satisfaction level will remain.

IMG_20130209_120640.jpg

IMG_20130209_120648.jpg

IMG_20130209_120702.jpg

IMG_20130209_120722.jpg

IMG_20130209_120735.jpg

Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue finds a home - delivery and initial ownership revi

Congratulations for the new FORD FIGO for your better half. The colour chosen is good and the review given in detailed explanation is super. The pictures are cool buddy.

Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue finds a home - delivery and initial ownership revi

Congrats Chayan, good colour.
Figo was my first choice, still feel it's best VFM but booked Punto [;)], delivery was suppose to be 27th Feb but it's delayed since vehicle is not in stock with any dealers in Bombay.

Congrats for the Figo, Chayan. Quite a loud color there. Is it a new color?

So this extended warranty is free for three years apart from the original warranty of two years, or in totality of three years?

Enjoy..

Congrats Chayan for your new acquisition. Excellent VFM product. Wishing you a niggle free ownership and happy miles ahead. Nice choice of color too.

Love the color mate could you tell me how much you paid OTR?

Thread Starter #7

Congrats for the Figo, Chayan. Quite a loud color there. Is it a new color?

So this extended warranty is free for three years apart from the original warranty of two years, or in totality of three years?

Enjoy..
The extended warranty is for the 3rd year. So total 2 years free + 1 year paid. There is also 4th year which one can get, which I thought I will decide after 1/2 years looking at how things turn out.

Yes, the color is the new Kinetic Blue one.

Alright. How much you paid for the 3rd year warranty?

What is this '5 year Scheduled Service Plan (SSP)'. Sorry too many questions !!

Chayan, congratulations on your new car, love this shade looks beautiful.
Can you share the details of the OTR and offers.
Enjoy your new ride.

Thread Starter #10
Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Revi

The OTR price was ~Rs.6,42,700/-. Insurance was free + some special corporate offer for 2012 vehicle.

This is inclusive of Rs.5,499 for the 3rd year extended warranty. Extra I had to pay Rs.500/- as HP charges at SBI.

For reference, I was offered 2013 stock from another dealer (in January itself) at ~Rs.6.78L and 2012 stock at Rs.6.6L.

Ford offers 2 types of plan.. first one is the total maintenance plan (TMP) and the second one is the scheduled services plan (SSP). The amounts depend upon model, duration, kms and fuel type.
TMP covers everything - I mean everything except accidental damage.
SSP covers only the item laid down in your service plan as given in the manual. So if the manual says that brake shoe needs to be changed at say the 4th service, it will cover that and labor. But it will not cover accidental repair or wear and tear items. I have taken this plan (5 year/50 K Kms) for Rs.17K, considering I have warranty upto the 3rd year anyway. Still make sense since considering you have one service every 10K kms, so 5 service in 5 years - @avg of Rs.4K per service = Rs.20,000/- (in 5 years). The actual figure would be more since inflation would kick in and things (oil, labor etc.) would get much costlier in 5 years.

Last edited:
Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Revi

@Chayan

Congratulations for your new Blue Figo buddy !! Wish you many more happy miles with it [:)]

Congrats for your new blue possession buddy. Nice to see that your search ends on a good choice.

Congrats on the K. Blue Figo. The colour looks stunning.

How much have you driven through ? FE should increase to 15+ at least after 1st Check up.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #14

Congrats on the K. Blue Figo. The colour looks stunning.

How much have you driven through ? FE should increase to 15+ at least after 1st Check up.

Cheers,
Anshuman
A little over 600km in 3 weeks (100% city, 60% very crowded roads) and getting about ~14 km/lt.

First check up I think is 3 months or 2500 kms (which ever is earlier). Will update.

Congratulation Chayan bro. [:D] Post some interior photos .

Top Bottom