Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Review

Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Revi

Hmm. Actually I am confused about how much tiring it will be on long drives without those rear seat head rests. Rest the vehicle is Damn good at the price.

Had driven it after Sail-Uva so felt steering a bit hard. will go for another TD soon. :)

There won't be any such issue, if you like some vehicle then these kind of silly issued don't even matter.

Thread Starter #32
Re: Figo Titanium (D) Kinetic Blue Finds a Home - Delivery and Initial Ownership Revi

There won't be any such issue, if you like some vehicle then these kind of silly issued don't even matter.
Yesterday was standing at a bus stop waiting for my daughter's school bus and noticed a Dzire parked nearby. The rear headrest were same size as the Figo [surprise].

Overall does not concern me much as I rarely travel in the back seat.

Thread Starter #33
Horn issue in Figo

Have not updated the thread in a while so thought of doing the same. A couple of weeks back the horn suddenly stopped working.

It was working all right when I went to office but coming back had to stop at City Centre for some shopping. Getting into the car on the way back, I noticed that the horn did not respond. It was nearly 10 PM and I tried to figure out if there was any issue with the wires etc. using the mobile flash as torch. Everything seemed OK however on pressing the horn, the only thing I could hear was the click click relay type sound from near the fuse box (behind the glove box).

Driving carefully (with hazard lights on) tried to see if I could get a mechanic anywhere but no luck. Called up the FASS SA and he told me to check the jack near the horn. It seems that sometimes dirt etc get into that spot and might cause a loose connection (seems a common issue with Figo since this was the SA's initial diagnosis). Checked it but no luck. Then as I was driving back, it suddenly started working. I thought 'thats strange' but probably may be loose connection somewhere.
Anyway next morning, checked the wiring, jacks everything in daylight but could not find any issue. The horn was back to its normal self. The problem again occurred on the way back to office; no amount of pushing the jack at the horn end or the fuses solved the issue. Then suddenly similar to the earlier night, it started working all of a sudden (ie while I was driving).

It occurred to me that it might not be loose connection, but something to do with battery and voltage. When I am starting the journey possibly battery voltage is a little low (or horn is drawing more power due to some reason) and since this is happening in the evening (so I am using headlights), the horn does not get the proper voltage at start.
With some driving, the alternator charges up the battery a little and hence suddenly the horn comes alive (this is a theory, but no reason to suspect the battery as the car is not yet 1 year old).
Anyway called the SA again and updated him of the issue. He asked me to bring the car any day but since I was busy with a upcoming trip .. requested him to send a driver to pick up the car. He told me he could do that after a couple of days depending upon driver availability. I was not in a hurry so agreed.
The driver came on Tuesday and picked up the car. Returned it after 4 hours with the issue fixed. Seems the wiring was OK, but some issue with the horn.. which they had replaced.
After that the problem has not occurred till date, so hopefully fixed permanently.

Total cost was zero, tipped the driver though he did not demand any.

No other issue with the car, have a Puri trip planned end December.. will update once its done.

Last edited:

Hi Parth, there are actually minuscule head rests inbuilt into the rear seats, but actually of no value [confused].

I think I know the reason for that. If you provide something bigger, it actually blocks your rear view and probably be a safety issue otherwise.
Head rests are not just a matter of comfort. Having a proper headrest is a must for the sake of safety - please lookup whiplash effect in case of rear collisions. Safety tests like EuroNCAP specifically test for the efficacy of head rests. Figo really needs proper head rests at the back and it is not a "silly" issue. Even this autocar hatch comparo points out this fact.

If the head rest is adjustable, it has zero effect on rear visibility. If you have a rear passenger, his head will anyway block your view. If you don't have a rearview passenger, you can adjust the headrest downwards.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

Have been 3 years with the Figo now and so far it has been little bitter mostly sweet type of experience. Had been to quite a few long drives and credit goes to this nifty little hatch for the driving experience it gives .. quite unmatched at this price point.
Have been twice to Puri, once to Simultala (from Kolkata), atleast 6 times to Mandarmoni, 3/4 times to Shantiniketan and the car did not let down once.

Its not that there have not been minor niggles (which I will explain in later posts so that it benefits other Figo owners) but overall experience has been good.

How is the new Figo compared to the old when compared against driving dynamics?

Thread Starter #36
MRF ZV2K Tyres -- Concerns on safety

Thought it to be a good time for an update since my Figo completed 20K kms. There is no inherent issues with the vehicle so far except some niggles as:
1) The right hand power window sometimes dont seem to work. And again start working without any reason. Had reported to ASS multiple times and they seem to lubricate it but has not been able to point out the actual reason. Currently it is working ok.
2) the horn sometimes start behaving erratically. Again this has been reported and they clean the contacts and that seem to fix the issue
3) A couple of months back, the ABS light came on one morning. ASS told me that the front rt wheel bearing was cracked and hence the light. I have my concerns as the car did not show any behavior that it might be so. There was no noise nor any feeling that there was a problem with the wheel. But had it replaced anyway and the light went away. A couple of weeks back , the ABS light returned and this time ASS investigated it as a rat bite issue which had cut the sensor wire. Its fixed and the problem has not occurred again.

Apart from this ... no major issues so far. Now back to the title of the post. OEM tyres given with the vehicle was MRF ZV2K. I though that the MRFs were OK and since my running was not quite that much .. thought that these would be OK.

A couple of months back, there was a side wall bulge on the rt hand front tyre causing it to loose air. Changed it with the Stepny and bought a Kenda (for the Stepny). Again why Kenda.. well they are not that bad (seen a lot of taxis with them) and its the first time in 3.5 years that I had to take out the stepny so I guessed that its not going to be used that much anyway.

I went to Mandarmoni mid Sep 16 and while on returning , had a tyre burst on the left front tyre. I was doing about 60km/hr and the pothole that caused the burst was on top of a short culvert. I saw it late and I was practically on top of it when I did. Again it was not that big, and I really did not think the tyre would burst.

So came home on the Kenda on one corner :-)

After this I checked the two other tyres since two of the originals (the front side) had given way in only a gap of a month.
The left rear seemed OK, but the rt rear showed a slight damage on the side wall.
Had the front two tyres replaced with Yoko Earth 1 and rotated the rear ones with existing MRFs (the stepny one being practically new). The discarded tyres on pressing showed hardening and faint cracking of the rubber.

With the Yokos, even with only 2 of them, the ride has become more supple. I did not notice how bad the ride had become with the MRF till now.
So my learning is that MRFs are good for 3 years. I had only 1 puncture in this period, but they become hard after that. Its OK for city driving but on highways, better upgrade to Yoko/Michelin.

Request others for their views.

Re: MRF ZV2K Tyres -- Concerns on safety

Thought it to be a good time for an update since my Figo completed 20K kms. There is no inherent issues with the vehicle so far except some niggles as:
1) The right hand power window sometimes dont seem to work. And again start working without any reason. Had reported to ASS multiple times and they seem to lubricate it but has not been able to point out the actual reason. Currently it is working ok.
2) the horn sometimes start behaving erratically. Again this has been reported and they clean the contacts and that seem to fix the issue
3) A couple of months back, the ABS light came on one morning. ASS told me that the front rt wheel bearing was cracked and hence the light. I have my concerns as the car did not show any behavior that it might be so. There was no noise nor any feeling that there was a problem with the wheel. But had it replaced anyway and the light went away. A couple of weeks back , the ABS light returned and this time ASS investigated it as a rat bite issue which had cut the sensor wire. Its fixed and the problem has not occurred again.

Apart from this ... no major issues so far. Now back to the title of the post. OEM tyres given with the vehicle was MRF ZV2K. I though that the MRFs were OK and since my running was not quite that much .. thought that these would be OK.

A couple of months back, there was a side wall bulge on the rt hand front tyre causing it to loose air. Changed it with the Stepny and bought a Kenda (for the Stepny). Again why Kenda.. well they are not that bad (seen a lot of taxis with them) and its the first time in 3.5 years that I had to take out the stepny so I guessed that its not going to be used that much anyway.

I went to Mandarmoni mid Sep 16 and while on returning , had a tyre burst on the left front tyre. I was doing about 60km/hr and the pothole that caused the burst was on top of a short culvert. I saw it late and I was practically on top of it when I did. Again it was not that big, and I really did not think the tyre would burst.

So came home on the Kenda on one corner :-)

After this I checked the two other tyres since two of the originals (the front side) had given way in only a gap of a month.
The left rear seemed OK, but the rt rear showed a slight damage on the side wall.
Had the front two tyres replaced with Yoko Earth 1 and rotated the rear ones with existing MRFs (the stepny one being practically new). The discarded tyres on pressing showed hardening and faint cracking of the rubber.

With the Yokos, even with only 2 of them, the ride has become more supple. I did not notice how bad the ride had become with the MRF till now.
So my learning is that MRFs are good for 3 years. I had only 1 puncture in this period, but they become hard after that. Its OK for city driving but on highways, better upgrade to Yoko/Michelin.

Request others for their views.
MRF ZV2K are absolutely budget tires and is made of Hard Rubber Compound.
It's made to last longer with optimal grip and less wear. That's why most car's come with ZV2K as OEM tires. I've felt MRF ZVTV to be comparatively better than ZV2K's.

Top Bottom