black cars look the best if maintained well. So if you love your ride and devote your time and money to keep it glossy as always then go for it. If not the next best color to go for is Silver or White.
I own a black Getz and believe me, there is a lot of effort spent since the past 2 years for me to keep the car in its showroom finish. Here are some tips on how I keep my car in its condition.
The downside is that just a few minutes after detailing the car you will be disappointed to see it gather dust. But trust me even even if its clean for 5 minutes.
The feeling is great and its WORTH IT! (Knowing that it will accumulate dust again ;) )
This is what I do for my car from my experience. Needless to say I use the 3M microfiber and a pressure washer system.
1. Do not wash the car every day. Wash it twice a week only if you have to. I let mild dust accumulate for a couple of days.The car would still look black but no shine.
2. Do not wipe dust. This will get you the infamous swirl marks right away and it only worsens.
3. If the car is dusty just run water let the dust loosen.
4. Next use a good foam based car wash. I use Formula 1 Wash and wax.
5. Rinse thoroughly and wipe the car with a soft chamois. This will take off most of the water and leave the car semi dry.
6. Use the Microfiber to dry the car.
7. Wax the car with a good polish atleast once every 2-3 months. This will also burn off a lot of calories if you do it yourself ;)
8. If you have a cover for the car. USE IT!
I have also recently done a car detailing done outside where I got swirl marks removed and a Teflon coat.
Here's a pic. Sorry about the quality.