Are Black Colored Cars Difficult to Maintain?

Thread Starter #1
Folks,

Can you all please share your thoughts and experiences regarding the following:

1. Is black colored 4 wheeler difficult to maintain?
2. Does buying a black color increase the heat inside, and make the AC work harder?
3. Any other issues / thoughts with a black colored vehicle.

Cheers,
Vroom

The main advantage of black color is it looks beautiful in all vehicle.But when using a black colored vehicle u need to clean it regularly because a little bit of dust particles or dirts are more visible in black color, small scratches or other imperfections will also be highlighted in black color and the heat absorption is higher in black color so that AC has to work a little bit more to keep it cool inside.

Anyway black is a Beautiful color for a car.

Karthik.

1.yes its really diff to maintain
2.yes
3.my grandmom says its not good to use black coloured vehicles!!lolz

deville_56

Honoured Member
Black color is difficult to maintain. Wil loose it's lust very fast. I have to wash it every 2-3 days or leave it dirty for 2 weeks. Even minute scratches will show up clearly after detailing.

It gets very hot inside even if there is not much heat outside and AC have to work hard to cool down.

Most people thinks black color s bad omen. No probs for me.

But after all black is the coolest color[evil]

A little bit difficulty in keeping a black vehicle clean. I have a black Unicorn. I am keeping that clean till date. Well about cars, my cousin has got a Wagon R and its pretty good even today even though its more than 2 years old. Car may get heated up. But I didnt feel any big difference in the temperature.
You have to wash the vehicle atleast once in a week if you are having a black one

Arun

Suspended
Lets go through some basic physics first.
Black is the colour which absorbs the maximum amount of heat whereas white absorbs the least. The blacker your car, the more heat it will absorb.Hot cars in India are a burn in the a** , quite literally. Ask guys who live in Mumbai or Pune.

Some people consider black to be an ill omen. You still see people running around with black cars with the number 666. (For your information: Black is the devils colour and 666 is his number.)

Maintaining a black car isn't much different as a normal car.My car gets washed everyday so I can't talk about the frequency of washes for a normal car to a black coloured car. We do have a black Esteem in our building. That too gets washed regularly. Too bad for it the driver is a big nut! The scratches will get highlighted very easily considering the undercoat of your car will be silver/white. White scratches on a black surface equals to instant notice.

To sum it all up,
You'll have to be extra careful to not get it scratched.
Wash it regularly.( Twice in three days is fine)
And keep a can of black paint in your car.[lol!]

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks all. Summing up what I have understood, (forgetting black being bad omen) its a lot more trouble to maintain a black colored car and if somebody has other options, its best to go with other colors.

Cheers,
Vroom

1. It sure is difficult to maintain. Clean it every now and then. Small scratches will appear like a big one.
2. Yeah, it attracts more heat
3. Black looks best when neatly maintained. Some consider black as something not good.

Black is the best color when maintained properly!

Even i own a Black i10 for more than 10 months & its still new.

what you need is regular maintenance & proper cleaning of your car.

DO wax your car atleast once a month, and others will envy on your wheels :)

black looks the best in a car when it is properly maintained- that is, sparkling clean & scratch free.

yes, scratches can be easily seen in black.

black does absorb more heat but not by a huge margin.

many hindu families (including ours) dont prefer black colour in cars.

well i own a black civic
and i must say it is hard work to maintain it!
everyday you must atleast dust or wipe it
and every 2-3 days give it a proper wash!
also wax once a month
once all these are done, the feeling is awesome!

its difficult to maintain a black coloured vehicle.some peoplesay that it's an unlucky colour and all but it's obviously based on your view if you believe or no.
I say Maintainence is the key.
Wash the car at least twice a week . An uncle in my society has a black swift and he washes it twice a week and it's 1 year old and it looks cool( black is one of the coolest colour an automobile can have[:D])and it has very few scratches which are visible to a certain extent so you just need to take care of your car. drive safe and enjoy!

-Abhishek
(The Ace Master)

What you need is extreme energy to maintain black colored car
Why it attracts dust very fast.
A dust n mud particle gets clearly visible on black color
Minor scratches more visibility

Precautions
Don’t take your car on dusty drive / muddy drive or Wash n wipe your car on regular basis at least once a day. Get polished / waxed your car atleast once in a month (Need proactive approach)
Avoid getting scratches in bumper to bumper to traffic (practically impossible)
If at all gifted some scratches get it rectified quickly. (Heavy on pocket)

HEAT
Get covered parking always.( Sometimes you are lucky)
Get Sun films on all the glasses (front windshield is lil bit costly)
Burn some fuel on effective AC (you may notice some downfall on FE)

If one can cover all the bracket points the black car will be ONIDA (Neighbors envy Owners Pride )[evil]

Some one mentioned its devils color ( don’t care , remember black is THE beauty)

sorry to open up an old thread. but i think someone is missing a point.
AFAIK black is the least visible colour in the night. so if you are using a black car in the night always leave park lights.

Top Bottom