As I was discussing on my thread. It's My Pride. My Tata Aria.
since a while. Now the project came into action.
You know. its my pride! that my simba aria is going to be first aria in the country to have a carputer.
Let us have a quick overview of my setup.
1. High definition entertainment sorce.
2. Multitasking with multiple monitors.
3. Eyes free access. using steering wheel controls and remote controls.
4. Broadband internet and intranet connectivity.
5. DLNA for media streaming from mobile devices.
6. OBD in future.
7. Potable plug and play pc case . for moving easily to my home theater.
Friends I need your advices in all the stages. To make things easy.
To start with. I bought mainboard. Make digilite model dl-AHD1S-K cost 4100INR. With 2gb DDR3 ram. Cost 1200INR.
Am considering M2 ITX DC DC 160w PSU. Could you please put me to some sorce in india for faster shiping? I heard about iride. But no luck there website is down and all there contact numbers are not responding.
Coming to the cabinet. What material should I use? Acrylic, plywood, or steal?
I don’t mind going with an ready built cabinet from the market as long as it is very small in size.
To keep the cabinet smaller. I will be not adding any hard drives in this setup.
I will be using linux or windows on the USB. Am not sure at this time.
In total I will be having 3 screens.
1. Using HU screen for the driver and the front passenger.
2. Headrest display for the middle bench.
3. One more headrest display for the last row.
Nun of them are tuch capable. As I mentioned before. I want to have eyes free access to some of the features used regularly.
For the extensive usage. an potable wireless keyboard and mouse will be kept inside the car.
Friends now its your turn! start talking please.
Waiting for yout inputs.