Car PC? No, It's Aria PC.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I don’t mind using a tab in the car. but how many of them?
Because I wanted to have multiple screens. Moreover I need lossless high-fidelity audio. The tabs are not ment for that.
I already have a 150w car inverter. can I use this with my 400w SMPS?
And please get me your thread link. I wanted to have a look on your carpc.
you're better using multiple tabs rather than juggling screens on conventional PC. more than 3 screens Means you shall need dedicated graphics and display port (DP )screen. both of which are too expensive or even impossible to source in your sizes. apparently your boars won't support SLI graphics. and routing VGA cables through the panels and seats is not an easy task to do.

and we still have to manage touch, GPS,3g modem and Wi-Fi and bt at the end of day.
think practical man.

and that thread,that was year 2001. and those forums just died off and were brought by other brand. . sorry.

your 150w good brand inverter should power 400w smps with ease. I had modified an ups to power my 550w smps from car Battery.

Thread Starter #17
you're better using multiple tabs rather than juggling screens on conventional PC. more than 3 screens Means you shall need dedicated graphics and display port (DP )screen. both of which are too expensive or even impossible to source in your sizes. apparently your boars won't support SLI graphics. and routing VGA cables through the panels and seats is not an easy task to do.

and we still have to manage touch, GPS,3g modem and Wi-Fi and bt at the end of day.
think practical man.

and that thread,that was year 2001. and those forums just died off and were brought by other brand. . sorry.

your 150w good brand inverter should power 400w smps with ease. I had modified an ups to power my 550w smps from car Battery.
Y do I need SLI! What I need is just a video splitter.
Anyways I got onboard HDMI and the VGA ports. Each of them will be connected to the monitors respectively. I will be using VGA to composite convertor to drive the AV signals out to my HU.
Coming to the Bluetooth, navigation and tuchscreens are not used in my setup. Please look into my opening post.
Thanks a lot for your fastest response.

bhvm

Honoured Member
With Splitter, you'll have same display on all screens. I thought you want to Multitask.
VGA to Composite Converter... Expect HUGE Huge losses in Display quality as composite is even below 640x480. maybe 352x288 or something. You should be atleast aiming 720 or fonts look blurry and difficult to read.
search for "Verna carputer" on team BHP. its a godly mod.

For the response, just living up to my promise in your earlier thread.

Thread Starter #19
With Splitter, you'll have same display on all screens. I thought you want to Multitask.
VGA to Composite Converter... Expect HUGE Huge losses in Display quality as composite is even below 640x480. maybe 352x288 or something. You should be atleast aiming 720 or fonts look blurry and difficult to read.
search for "Verna carputer" on team BHP. its a godly mod.

For the response, just living up to my promise in your earlier thread.
Am only left with that option. Since my HU will not take HDMI or VGA inputs.
Do you stil have pc in your car?

Y did you remove? Any particular lesion?
Do you have any idea of OBD scanner which works with aria.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Am only left with that option. Since my HU will not take HDMI or VGA inputs.
Do you stil have pc in your car?
nope. I used it at my home and finally dissolved it after 8 years. some components are still working tough. I must praise those military grade hdd. they latesd twice their colleagues and are still very alive including what I'm typing on...... :)
:-)

bhvm

Honoured Member
you remember there was a limited edition safari in 2000 which had Sony PS2 plonked in with 8 speakers and stuff? probably you could get some insider know how (power supply, wiring, convinience,software ) if you search up or find such that car.
I wanted to buy such safari, but the model was phased out very soon.

other option is a raspberry pi pc. they're not regular windows pc but more of little gems that are tough ,power efficient and modifiable.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
you remember there was a limited edition safari in 2000 which had Sony PS2 plonked in with 8 speakers and stuff? probably you could get some insider know how (power supply, wiring, convinience,software ) if you search up or find such that car.
I wanted to buy such safari, but the model was phased out very soon.

other option is a raspberry pi pc. they're not regular windows pc but more of little gems that are tough ,power efficient and modifiable.

Raspberry Pi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PS2? Sounds great!
Is it OEM fitted or a diy project.
I want you to look at openELEC. that is an good OS for multimedia HDPC.

Thread Starter #26
Hi. its bean really a long time. I dint update the thread.

I have received the PSU yesterday. which I have orderd on ebay.
Here is the product page
Mini ITX M2 CAR PC DC DC 160W 8V 28V ATX Power PSU 12V | eBay

I was so excited to install it. But as soon as I open it. I was badly disappointed.

The product came with an 20pinATX connector. But my mainboard has an 24pin connector.

The PSU has a separate 12V 4pin jack. which I think it will go to my mainboards 12v power jack.

So what next? Do I have to buy another PSU?

I am waiting for your advice.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
try plugging it in. many amd boards will run on 20 pin connector even though boards have 24 pin. it will fit one side, leaving last 4 pins open. don't fit it in center and don't force it in. try from left or right edge. I've used My amd Manchester x2 this way for 7 years.

the other 4 pin will go to a plug near CPU. this is important.

Thread Starter #28
try plugging it in. many amd boards will run on 20 pin connector even though boards have 24 pin. it will fit one side, leaving last 4 pins open. don't fit it in center and don't force it in. try from left or right edge. I've used My amd Manchester x2 this way for 7 years.

the other 4 pin will go to a plug near CPU. this is important.
O! thanks. That was a very helpful advice.

I tried connecting my old SMPS to the board as you suggested. And things went very well.

Here am uploading few snaps of things put in place.

Tomorrow I will be powering this setup in my car!

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
that's a very neat box!
be sure to place 1intake and 1 exhaust fan for cooling ,otherwise the whole setup will cook in 2-3 hours. use thin cloth as a Filter /mesh beneath the fans.

Great going!
Can i ask for a piece of advice , i have a dual din kenwood player in my car and i am looking for a rear lcd display behind the seat, i am not interesting in roof mounted ones nor the small head rest ones, i want something 12 inch atleast that could be custom fit behind the front seat. Any suggestions ?

Top Bottom