Folks, a lot of queries pour in the ICE section regarding what to fit in my car when i have this budget & we end up almost with the same replies in every post. So i decided to make a summary of what you can do with your car's ICE at various budgets.
Before that, a few assumptions -
1) Before discussing products, you need to know what the terms mean. So if at all you are confused, start with the Basic Info on ICE
2) Many cars come with a stock head unit & speakers. While discussing products & budgets, we are not taking this into consideration. Some may prefer to use their stock head unit or even stock speakers, so minus that amount from the budget specified. If you are selling that HU, you may get the new HU cheaper in exchange, take that into consideration too.
3) These are just my views & i am not endorsing any brand in here. I have written only the brands i have heard of & there are many more products available in the market. Also note, not all brands are available everywhere, so keep your options open. So please do not add posts like 'why dint you specify this brand over this'.
4) In all budgets, I have specified just the brands, but not the products. Its impossible to list out all the products by different brands in one thread!
5) Finally, these are just my views & its not necessary everybody should agree to the same.
So lets start with the minimum to the maximum budget - I] Rs. 10,000:
At 10k, you will get a basic head unit with 2 pairs of co-axial speakers. No components or amp will fit in this budget.
For head unit, I would recommend Pioneer, JVC, or Blaupunkt.
For co-axial speakers, i would recommend JBL or Pioneer.
II] Rs. 15,000:
For 15k, you can now opt for a better HU with USB port & 2 or more pre-outs for 7-8k & spend the remaining on 2 pairs of co-axials.
Head unit brands would be the same whereas for speakers, better brands like Illusion, Ground Zero, Polk, Kicker, etc. will also be available. III] Rs. 20,000:
In 20k, you have a 2 options-
* First option is to invest 7-8k for a good HU, again 7-8k for nice component speakers in front, 3-4k for co-axials speakers in the rear & the remaining for a basic 2 channel amp to power the front comps (comps do need an amp).
* If you need a subwoofer in this budget, you can spend around 7-8k for HU, one pair of basic coaxial speakers for 4k for the front, basic sub for 5k & remaining amount for a 4 channel amp to power your front speakers & sub. In this, your setup wont have rear speakers, not something i would highly recommend but its fine if your rear seats are never occupied & you desperately need a sub.
Brands would be the same as mentioned above. IV] Rs. 25,000:
In this budget, you can go for a good HU with 3 pre-outs & USB facility for 7-8k, good front component speakers for 6-7k, rear co-axial speakers for 3-4k, a good sub for around 4-5k, a good 4 ch amp to power your front compos & sub for the remaining amount. V] Rs. 30,000:
Now you are talking!
I would recommend the same setup as above (Rs. 25,000) but i would add 1k or 2k more for a better sub or better amp & invest the remaining amount in wiring.
By wiring, i mean good quality wiring kits which include power cables, RCA cables, speaker wires, fuse, etc. Such a kit costs 2-3k. VI] Rs. 35,000:
Now, this is the upper end of a budget system!!! Now you have the liberty of many options-
* You can go for a double DIN head unit for 10-15k & then compromise a bit on speakers, sub or amp. Else you can go for higher end single DIN HU like Clarion or Alpine which will cost you more but are much better for sound quality.
* Else, you can also go for a Pioneer HU for 7-8k, front components for 7-8k, rear co-axials for 4-5k, a good sub for 7-8k, 4 ch amp for 7-8k & 3k for wiring.
In this budget, you will get a much better amp & sub. Moreover, you have the flexibility to choose how much to spend on what. maybe you can even omit rear speakers & opt for a better amp or sub.
Here, you dont need to look at low end products & you can select the best HUs from pioneer, Clarion, Alpine & the good speakers from Rockford Fosgate, Illusion, Ground Zero, higher end JBL, etc.
You can also select better amps from JBL, Pioneer, etc. VII] Rs. 40,000 & above:
This is dreamland! Now you are talking real business & serious money.
Anything above this is not worth discussing. You have unlimited options! You can have the best & expensive products, higher end or premium range speakers, explosive amps, stylish touch screen HUs, earth shattering subs & what not!
You can even add two subwoofers & you can even connect them to mono amps! If you are interested, you can even install your subs in custom made fibre enclosures & add some fancy lighting to make it look bling bling!