Buying a 2012 Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I am new to this forum just joined a day back.

Got a offer from Concord Kochi (Kerala) for Manza Aura ABS, 100k discount for 2012 model so Vehicle cost will be 728000 -100000=628000. is this a good offer ?

my concern is regarding the tires and battery please advice me regarding this as i have heard that the tires will be worn out after a year

is there any procedure for PDI for year out vehicles

thanks in advance

Rishi

Re: Buying a 2012 Manza Quadajet Aura ABS

You need to check how the tyres are, threading on it, beadings on all doors,paint, battery, all lubricants tobe changed as anshuman said, check on all these first personally and then proceed.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Buying a 2012 Manza Quadajet Aura ABS

Hello rishialpy,

Welcome to TAI.

Have you checked the car in person. 1L off is indeed a lucrative offer.

You need to check the rubber parts/battery condition. Get all the lubricants including engine oil changed.

Refer these threads for details -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ctable-but-improving-tass-40k-kms-report.html

Thanks,
Anshuman
@ Anshuman

Thankyou for the info, will check the battery and engine oil changed, regarding the lubricant will talk with the guys, please advice regarding the tires .

@ vijay
will follow Anshumans guidlines and will post updates.

Thread Starter #5
update Buying a 2012 Manza Quadajet Aura ABS

wrote a detailed mail to TML regarding the issue as suggested by Anshuman and with the great help of Tornado for his detailed reporting regarding ageing vehicles in his post, a very kind reply was received from TML stating that they would do the needful and a lady called me from Concorde kochi contacted me and informed that the batteries oil and rubber parts will be changed and regarding the tires I have not received any clarification

Any way I am very thankful to this forum, without you all I could not get these done

once again thanking tornado for the post.

The delivery has been postponed for two days regarding this issue for Monday .

Though you have read my posts elsewhere , I would like to elaborate here further.

Bargain hard once PDI is done , before signing on dotted lines. The discount amount should be enough to justify the losses likely to be incurred upon

,The problems associated with a car manufactured >6 months back are

1) battery quality deteriorates due to noncharging in time , please find out manufacturing date. better to replace it at the time of delivery.
2) rubber and plastic life and quality deteriorates and becomes unpredictable, The most important is rubbers are tyres.
Door , boot , window , bonnet , plastic and rubber beadings get hardened ,may lead to
water leakages in monsoon, do not rely upon post carwash scenario. Also important are engine rubber foundations.
3) All kind of oils and filters needs to be replaced.

Also resale value will suffer by 10 percent as manufacturing date is mentioned on RC by law.

You will have to cleaverly find out wheather the car was used as a TD car,

please , take into consideration, the above mentioned points , while calculating the discoun t.

Please, decode the tyre manufacturing date , it's on the tyre side wall. It's must be more than 1 year.
Rubber of the tyres manufactured >6 months back especially if the car was parked unused under sun, for 1 year, is bound to harden alot, leading to
1) bumpy ride, especially on the undulated repaired pot holes . This reducd ride comfort is due to reduced flexibility of rubber.
2) cuts on sidewall
Both problems demand tyre change (20 to 25 k/set)

Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale.

How to identify TD car.?

1) manufacturing date of the car and launch date of the that pirticular model coincides.
2) plastic used to wrap the seats is absent.
3} careful observation reveals nail marks on the door handle area.
4) most of the time but not always TD cars are white in color.
5} TD cars are stored at dealers stock yard and not at factory stock yard.

Problems associated with buying a TD car.

New custemer s will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions.

Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.

Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bouwith d to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems .

BTW , if it is not a TD car , then in addition to thes points mentioned in my previous post , please take in to consideration two more points .while calculating expected discounts
1)Don't ask for full amount for tyre replacement , rather go to the private tyre dealer immidietely tand exchange all the tires with premium brandso UPSIZE such as michelin , bridgestone .you will loose hardly500 to 1000 Rs per tire.

2) if the car is lying under sun since last one year , you need to do paint enrichment /sealent treatment from 3 M or Meiguirs etc. which will cost you Rs 5 k approx.[E]if you get adequate discount and if the decision is with eyes wide open , no need to worry , dealer can not cheat you.

please let us know what offer is going on on 2113 newly manufactued manzas so that we can comme nt on adequacy of the discount .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
@tornado

Thank you for the detailing, these points were taken from your earlier post and did a detailed mail to TML and they agreed the conditions, regarding the car even though its white [evil] its not a TD and I have checked and confirmed personally it was bought for PDI from factory yard

regarding the tires I would go for an exchange as you advised

I am planning to take extended warranty for 6940/- for two years/ 150000km and platinum AMC for 2years/50000km which will cost another 47000/-

In my assumption the tires would need change before 50k and it will be covered in the AMC including all the service which will cover-up my investment

please advice regarding AMC

and once again thanking you personally for all the help you have done through your post which helped me a lot

regards
Rishi

Last edited by a moderator:
Please , spell my username as Tornado as we have one more member with username 't'ornado 78 ' http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/introductions/10983-yes-im-late-report-here.html
regarding the car even though its white [evil] its not a TD a car
BTW ,
Which version they are offering you? Club class or preclub class ?

Please find out some info about eixsting TD car at the dealer.
Yes, you are right till 2112 , most of the dealers in Pune had Tyrian wine colour cars as TD cars.
regarding the tires I would go for an exchange as you advised
We can discuss about manza tires replacement here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/12651-new-tyres-tata-manza.html
Congrats on your decision to replace the tires on the day of delivery. In my experience ride quality was little bit inferior due to hardness as I didn't replaced them on the delivery date.Unfortunately I wasn't TAI member then. I had to fill in nitrogen and keep the tire pressure at 30 psi as against 32 advice dby TASS. Then the ride became smooth but had I replaced the tires on delivery date of car I am sure my tires would have lasted longer as found with fellow TAIn gypsy et al.

Later on TASS told me to replace them @30000 km to 35000 km.I eventually replaced them @42000 km.Also one of the tire suffered a sidewall crack (not cut) early during my ownership , My tire guy told me to keep it as a spare tire and I am still using it as spare tire.

I am not much aware about Manza AMC as asked by you bellow.

,Please find out about warranty and AMC intactness in case if you go for tire upsize.
In my assumption the tires would need change before 50k and it will be covered in the AMC including all the service which will cover-up my investment

please advice regarding AMC
Rishi

Friends,

Got a offer from Concord Kochi (Kerala) for Manza Aura ABS, 100k discount for 2012 model so Vehicle cost will be 728000 -100000=628000. is this a good offer?

Rishi
Aura means it is pre Clubclass model , in that case you are not going to get the central console touchscreen ICE and the leather seat covers .Is it ok for you ?

BTW , what is the odo and trip A and trip B meter reading of the car ? i.e. most important point which I forgot to ask you to check while checking the car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Please , spell my username as Tornado as we have one more member with username 't'ornado 78 ' http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/introductions/10983-yes-im-late-report-here.html

BTW ,
Which version they are offering you? Club class or preclub class ?

Please find out some info about eixsting TD car at the dealer.
Yes, you are right till 2112 , most of the dealers in Pune had Tyrian wine colour cars as TD cars.
We can discuss about manza tires replacement here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/12651-new-tyres-tata-manza.html
Congrats on your decision to replace the tires on the day of delivery. In my experience ride quality was little bit inferior due to hardness as I didn't replaced them on the delivery date.Unfortunately I wasn't TAI member then. I had to fill in nitrogen and keep the tire pressure at 30 psi as against 32 advice dby TASS. Then the ride became smooth but had I replaced the tires on delivery date of car I am sure my tires would have lasted longer as found with fellow TAIn gypsy et al.

Later on TASS told me to replace them @30000 km to 35000 km.I eventually replaced them @42000 km.Also one of the tire suffered a sidewall crack (not cut) early during my ownership , My tire guy told me to keep it as a spare tire and I am still using it as spare tire.

I am not much aware about Manza AMC as asked by you bellow.

,Please find out about warranty and AMC intactness in case if you go for tire upsize.
@Tornado

We were offered a pre club class model Manza Aura 2012 ABS
took a extended warranty for two years /75000 km so total warranty is 4yrs /150000km and planning to take platinum AMC for 4yrs 50000 km which includes everything (even tires and battery)

please find the attached mail regarding PDI (sorry for the quality scanned from my mobile)
any way once again thanking Tonado for the help

regards

rishi

Attachments

That's great on the part of TATAS and you too.

When is the delivery ?
They haven't mentioned about the tyre replacement , but never mind , they have given you really huge discount.You can exchange the tyre at outside dealer.

Please let us know odometer and tripmeter readings at present.
Let us know which new tyres you are thinking about ?

Thread Starter #12
That's great on the part of TATAS and you too.

When is the delivery ?
They haven't mentioned about the tyre replacement , but never mind , they have given you really huge discount.You can exchange the tyre at outside dealer.

Please let us know odometer and tripmeter readings at present.
Let us know which new tyres you are thinking about ?
Dear Tornado,
sorry for the late reply.

got the delivery on 30/7/13 the odo reading was 35km took a extended warranty for 4yrs/150000km

regarding the tires and alloys I have postponed till September cause here "onam" is coming and 60% of my business is happening now so im little tied up now

any way thanking you once again for the help done

will do the Ownership thread after some time

rishi

Hi Rishi,

Congrats on your Manza and welcome to TAI Manza club. [clap]

Please post some pictures of your ride.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Dear Tornado
regarding the tires and alloys I have postponed till September cause here "onam" is coming and 60% of my business is happening now so im little tied
rishi
Congrats dude ,
As per my experience , if you retain the stock tires , ride quality is going to be bellow par And in sept , you will loose substantial amount on resale value of tires so better to replace them now.Go for Bs ER 60 {asymmetric) in stock size or BS turanza 300 if upgrade is planned.If road conditions are relatively pot hole free then you can go for upgrade with michelin PLC (best option).Rest of the options are not that worth.
It's a half an hour job.If possible do it now. , if it's possible for you to enquire about tyres and their manufacturing dates on phone , Also we can discuss it on the tire thread of Manza.

Anyways , I agree vitamin M is required for almost everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom