The registration on The Automotive India is free of cost. However, we do insist that you abide by the Forum Rules and Registration Policies mentioned in detail below. Although we fully attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum; it’s humanly impossible for the providers (“we”, “us”, “our”, “team”, “staff”, “administrators”, “moderators”) of the services provided by this website (“The Automotive India”, “TAI”, “service”) to review all messages. All messages solely express views of the author. Neither owners of The Automotive India nor any of its team members will be held responsible for the content of any message or activity happening from the membership accounts. This Service is only available to users who are at least 14 years old. If you are younger than this, please don’t register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violating any laws. Please note that, moderators of The Automotive India reserve complete right to edit, delete, move, close any thread or post or suspend an account anytime for any reason without prior notification or justification. You’re entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from that Content or your conduct. You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
You, furthermore, certify the following by accepting this agreement:
1) No Endorsement of User Content: Our users are solely responsible for all posted Content (as defined in the next sentence) that is uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or through the Website (collectively, “Post”). “User Content” means User-Posted content or information of any type or medium, including but not limited to: letters, emails or other messages; other forms of communication through the Website; personal User information; board posts; reader reviews; blogs, ratings, data, notes and testimonials; images or any other files. User acknowledges and agrees that The Automotive India does not endorse any User Content and is not responsible or liable for any User Content, even though it may be unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, hateful, vulgar, obscene, and/or disruptive, or may infringe upon, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of another. User acknowledges that The Automotive India does not pre-screen User Content, and has no obligation to do so, but that TAI and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any User Content that is posted on the website. If you find any Posts in these forums to be offensive or threatening, please contact us with address of the post. If we determine that removal of a Post or Posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in timely manner. The Automotive India will make every effort to provide a free and open discussion environment within the boundaries of Terms & Conditions of Use and Terms & Conditions of Membership that does not contain offensive or threatening messages, but cannot guarantee that all such messages will be found and removed within any specific timeframe.
2) Third Party Sites / Advertisers: The website may provide Users with opportunities, links or other incentives to use certain sites, services, products, applications or content offered by or through our third-party providers, including but not limited to advertisers, content and e-commerce providers (collectively, “Third-Party Services”). Your use of any Third-Party Services is subject to any terms of service or conditions of use associated with the Third-Party Services. TAI does not control Third-Party Services and is not responsible for any Third-Party Services or for the contents thereof, including, without limitation, any links that may be contained in or accessible through Third-Party Services. We don’t endorse any Third-Party Services or any products, content or communications linked to or accessible from the Website. You agree you are wholly responsible for making independent judgment regarding your use or interaction with Third-Party Services.
3) Use of Content / Copyright: All content created by Users of The Automotive India website are governed by an “Attribution – Non-commercial – No Derivative” Creative Commons Deed (hereinafter “Creative Commons License”). Users can share, distribute, copy, and transmit the work Users find on The Automotive India provided Users provide proper attribution that includes the name of the Website User, the name of the Website, and a link to the content. These usage rights do not apply to any commercial use of the content found on TAI, and such use is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization from The Automotive India. These usage rights also do not apply to derivative works, and such use is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization from TAI. You will not copy, distribute, display, or publicly perform material from the Website to Post on other website or quote in offline research in a manner that does not comply with the Creative Commons License that specifies the author’s member name as a member of The Automotive India along with a full URL. All pictures which are uploaded and use the bandwidth of The Automotive India are automatically watermarked upon uploading. Any pictures (not limited to icons, logos etc) trademarks / service marks etc either directly or indirectly submitted on The Automotive India domain are property of their respective owners / publishers / developers.
DISCLAIMER: THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (V) THAT YOUR MESSAGES, DATA OR INFORMATION, IN WHATEVER FORM OR MEDIUM, WILL NOT BE LOST, OR (VI) ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TAI, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OR (FOR MEMBERS) THE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP.
A SMALL NUMBER OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE WEBSITE. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WITH NO HISTORY OF SUCH SYMPTOMS. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USE OF THE WEBSITE IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, AND DISCONTINUE USE OF THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION OR INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS OR CONVULSIONS. YOU AGREE THAT THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE TAI PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
(I) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. (II) THE COST OF GETTING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PRODUCTS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE. (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANYONE ON THE WEBSITE OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE.
4) INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to protect and fully compensate TAI from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of the Website, or violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use (or for members, the Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership) by you or any other user of your account (whether or not authorized), and you agree to indemnify and hold TAI harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of the rights of another.
5) General Liability Notice: The open and real-time nature of the discussion forums makes it impossible for us to vouch for the validity or honesty of posts from individual members. TAI is not responsible for any messages posted, nor the consequences of reading them. The views expressed in the messages within the forums are those of the authors, who accept total responsibility for the content of their posts.
6) Registration: When you register for our discussion boards, the only requirement is a functioning email address to confirm your registration. Your board password will be sent to the address you specify. Your email address will also be subscribed to our email service for which you can unsubscribe if you wish. The e-mail address you provide will never be shared with any other party.
7) Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge and agree that any necessary software used in connection with the Website contain proprietary and confidential information of TAI and third parties that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that advertisements or information presented to you through the Website or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by these Terms and Conditions of Use (and for members, the Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership) or the applicable licensor (such as an advertiser), you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works based on the material on the Website, in whole or in part.
8) Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions of Use (and for members, the Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership) are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and TAI with respect to the subject matter hereof, superseding and replacing any and all prior and contemporaneous agreements, communications, and understandings (both written and oral) regarding such subject matter. The below specific and itemized rules notwithstanding, all Users and members are expected to participate with the same common every-day social grace used in civilized mixed company. Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults.
9) Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.
10) Offensive Content: You will not submit forum posts, private messages and other supported content, links to images or use avatars and/or signatures that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, hateful, vulgar, obscene, and/or disruptive. You will not use text, images, avatars or link to images or domains that contain gore, mutilation, pornography or illegal content. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
11) Profanity: You will not use profanity in The Automotive India forums, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.
12) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAI or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Website to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from us. (Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 100f the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website. The posting to this website of any copyrighted material owned by others that is not found elsewhere online is prohibited.)
13) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive permission from our authorities). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.
i) You will not use your membership in the Website for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.
ii) You will not Post, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and “real life” names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.
iii) You will not Post, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Website on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
15) Relevant Content: You will not Post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums or disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as “flooding”).
16) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple “slightly different” threads for a single topic.
17) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation team is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of Use (and the Terms and Conditions of Membership), you agree not to post in any language other than English.
18) Links: You will not place a link on any of the Websites that initiates an automatic download or execution of a file of any sort.
19) Hoax: In the event, you post items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning or notifications.
20) Termination: In the event your account or access privileges are terminated for any reason, your information and Posts will not be removed unless there is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership. Furthermore, any requests for voluntary account deletion and removal of your content will not be honoured.
21) Behaviour: You will not behave in an abusive, libellous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
22) Identity Spoofing: You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
23) Haxor: You will not use the Website for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, “cracks,” or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contain discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
24) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and “talk to yourself”.
25) Forum Gangs: You will not engage in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
26) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.
27) Private Messages: You will not use the private messaging system to send mass messages to multiple member accounts. All private messages are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership. Violations will result in immediate account termination. You also agree that Private Messages are confidential. You will not post or publically display messages received from The Automotive India administrator or moderators, or any other members, in any way, without written permission of the author. The Automotive India, at their discretion, may review the content of your private messages when, and only when, complaints are received from the recipient(s) of your messages.
28) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize “attacks” on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
29) Public Affection: Explicit or overt displays of affection towards other members seen by staff as being disruptive to the board are strictly forbidden.
30) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant The Automotive India non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The Automotive India has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAI the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.
31) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, online communities or other websites on The Automotive India within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from our authorities. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
32) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or “stealth marketing” on this discussion board without prior approval of The Automotive India. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of the board is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying The Automotive India $2.00 for each “thread view” of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.
33) Personal Responsibilities/Indemnity: At all times, you agree to remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts, images, and videos and agree to indemnify and hold The Automotive India harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any material you submit, Post to or transmit through the Website, your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Membership (or the Terms and Conditions of Use), or your violation of the rights of another.
34) Unauthorized Access: You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the Website, or make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the forum software or to obtain information beyond the allowed features of your account status. Doing so will result in legal action and immediate termination of your account.
35) Cooperation: You will, if asked by TAI, cease to Post any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by TAI, in its sole discretion.
i) The Automotive India does not and cannot review all of the content of every message Posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to Post messages that violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership, your account may be terminated, your ability to access to the Website may be restricted or blocked, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behaviour. Furthermore, TAI expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.
ii) The Automotive India will not be held liable for an irresponsible behaviour shown by a vehicle bearing our stickers or merchandise. Someone who puts TAI Stickers / Merchandise on their vehicle does not become our official representative. The website officials are limited to forum administrators and moderators only.
iii) All TAI meets organized are an initiative of the members. We do not take any responsibility for a mishap or conduct of members during such events.
37) Disclosure: The Automotive India also reserves the right to disclose any known personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law or comply with a legal process served on TAI, protect and defend the rights or property of the The Automotive India domain, or visitors to this domain, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
38) Editorial Neutrality: The Automotive India provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of subjects, but does not influence editorial control over any particular theory, opinion, ideology, political doctrine, viewpoint or position on any topic in so far as those topics adhere to the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership. Furthermore, though our operating costs are supported by advertising and promotional revenue, we do not officially endorse or promote any commercial product or service.
39) Violation: The violation of any aspect of these Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership are subject to our actions for general abuse and violations, or in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username/IP from the domains and/or the removal of your email/password from the database. You agree that, all disputes, of any type, regarding any transgression or disagreement with the policies of The Automotive India, or the decisions of one of TAI or administrative staff is final.
40) Watermarks: Each image which is hosted on our servers and utilizes our bandwidth is automatically watermarked. These images remain property of their respective owners. The Automotive India neither claims their responsibility nor anyway intends to infringe rights of their respective owner(s).
41) User Account Modifications: Requests to change membership account Username, once registered, is not permitted unless in genuine cases which will depend at the sole discretion of our team. Likewise, voluntary requests to close or delete membership account(s) will not be honored and will remain at sole discretion of our team. You may simply discontinue using this website if you wish to no longer utilize our services. Your private membership account information will remain confidential.
42) Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board. The Automotive India reserves the right to take action against any member(s), or member post(s), which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behaviour contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Website. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAI reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. The Automotive India reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussions of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.
Any message(s), picture(s) etc contravening the above guidelines will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the staff members. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and / or the legal authorities of any malevolent behaviour. An I.P address of each member is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions. Should you have other questions or concerns related to The Automotive India, please feel free to mail us on email@example.com. Note that our terms, conditions and website policies are subject to change anytime without prior notifications. Please refer to them often to stay updated about our policies.