Zen is Stalling Frequently - Help Required (Resolved).

Thread Starter #76
Re: Zen is Stalling Frequently - Help Required.

I was talking about the new valves they installed in your old head.Those can be reused with the new head.
yes , It should be.

I have a question now considering all this things happened.

I had spend about 11k last month while 6th pay servicing (changed clutch plate etc)
And now again will need about 30k.

Even after spending @41k I am not confident about my car. She might give more problems in future (or may not)

So now thinking of selling the car after the repairing work completion.
What should I do? sell or use it further ?

Once the major issues are addressed ,its just routine maintenance that needs to be every couple of years.

These cars are really cheap to maintain.

If you car was a toyota/mitsubishi/honda you would have spent twice the amount of money.Then zen is a good car, I would suggest you keep it.

I would suggest getting all the critical work done ASAP and rest spread them out in groups.

For example.If you have to have your brakes serviced and the suspension is giving you problems too.Do both jobs together.The wheels need to come off for both of them.This will save you labor and also alignment costs.

If you have to change the fluids in your car.Change them all out at once.

Try to get all the work done in groups.

This way the garage can't over charge you for labor.

Once you know what jobs you need to get done, call a few service centers and ask for a quote.Ask them to bifurcate the parts and labor costs and make sure you ask them to sign it once you agree that the total expenditure shouldn't go above the said estimate.

For cost of the recent repair, you have to admit you didn't read the signs and you just drove your car to the ground.The car gives you a lot of hints when its not working properly.A good driver needs to understand how his/her car behaves.This is the basic.You treat your car right, it will go on and on.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #78

The car gives you a lot of hints when its not working properly.A good driver needs to understand how his/her car behaves.This is the basic.You treat your car right, it will go on and on.
Yes, I agree.

These cars are really cheap to maintain.
Well the bills are always 8k-9k thats not cheap.

If you have to have your brakes serviced and the suspension is giving you problems too
Yes, its already reported , and its due, I had postponed in last servicing.

Zen is a good car with least maintanance once head is replaced it will be as good as new. dont mind but problem of head aroused as there was negligence otherwise these things does not give any problem.

The maintenance costs depends on how you drive the car.

If you are reckless behind the wheel and aim for all the craters on the road, yes parts will give way and it will result in big bills.

If you drive on bad roads, slow down.The slower you go the more time the suspension has to do its job correctly and provide a better ride without getting affected.

Thread Starter #81

Ok,
It s all service center people fault, while servicing the pipe inside coolant tank was not fitted properly. After servicing for 1 month the car was not taken for long distance trip hence I didn't noticed any problem. And I cant even blame service station people because it totally 1.5 months when I had came across this issue. So they are not ready to accept the mistake.
I will be getting car today EOD or tomorrow morning.

Should I sign the paper that mentions work done properly after work done ? OR should I drive the car for 3-4 days and then will do that ? please suggest.

Test drive it , small test drives do not reveal any problems.So I would suggest stall signing any papers for atleast a couple of days or mention on the service sheet that the car is being tested and don't sign.

Thread Starter #83

Got the car back on Saturday, running smoothly now.

Be sure to drive just like you did before and see if the problem arises it.(stress test)

Thread Starter #86

final amount is 22k (includes 3k tax)

Be sure to drive just like you did before and see if the problem arises it.(stress test)
They have tested car in ghat section, I will also do that.

BTW what should I do with Old Head ? Where can I sell this ?

BTW the which all parts were replaced ?

May be you can sell it to the same person who did the head surfacing for your car..

Thread Starter #88

Head is replaced, its a aluminum part so don't know what to do with it?

Thread Starter #90

about 100 km
Performance is good. Car feels better and smooth now.
No issues noticed yet.
Mileage - I use CNG - 21 km / kg in city with AC

Top Bottom