Zen is Stalling Frequently - Help Required (Resolved).

Re: Zen is Stalling Frequently - Help Required.

Nanhi, instead of multiquotes, you can edit your existing post within minutes of posting.

Its Ok. You seem to have knowledge of engines. Welcome onboard. [:)]

You came in action after quite some time after getting TAI membership.

People, has anyone checked their cooling system to make sure the thermostat is still there?

The garages here just chuck it during the service.

checking thermostat valve is very easy
just open the radiator cap (make sure engine is cold) preferably in the morning & start the engine now look at radiator water/coolant, whether it is circulating or not if circulating valve is not there if not valve is present. If you dont have a valve try to get it fitted as soon as possible to enhance the performance as well as the life of engine.

Thread Starter #67

Update: Went to service station today morning.
The lathe people had done head surfacing job and inspected it for 2 days. Yesterday service station received the head and they have started fitting. The valves are changed.
I don't have details as SA was not there early morning. I was attended by another SA, he showed me the progress and told me that they will be finished by EOD and do some trials and testing, so hopefully I can get the car back tomorrow.

Thread Starter #70

Got call from SA in the morning. He said they had tested the car with old head , and the car is still overheating.
So today I told him to replace with a new one, so he is ordering new head today and all other necessary parts.

But didn't they just put in the new valves?

Inquire with them as to what they are going to do.You never know if they use the old/new valves from the old head and bill you for the new ones.You can't see the valves once the head is installed.So make sure.

Have you asked them to use 2 gaskets?

Thread Starter #74

Inquire with them as to what they are going to do.You never know if they use the old/new valves from the old head and bill you for the new ones.You can't see the valves once the head is installed.So make sure.
They will using new as they have already used the new values during old head testing. So in any case old values are not going to be used.

Have you asked them to use 2 gaskets?
No, why 2?

Nanhi99 had posted about the 2 gaskets.

I was talking about the new valves they installed in your old head.Those can be reused with the new head.

Top Bottom