Zen Estilo Rear Glass Broken Due To Heat Pressure

Thread Starter #1
This happened with my friend.He had brought car last year. One day he found rear windshield broken completely,just after 5 months from purchasing. At first he thought that somebody might have been done this but later
his society watch men confirmed that it was not. So went to service station.The service manager inspected the car.
Had said that windshield is broken because of air pressure build in the car. My friend drives car only on alternative
week ends. It was summer time.The car is parked in the shad parking. but because of hot weather the air pressure
increased inside the car resulting in breakage.
Does anyone came across such a incident?
He got new windshield installed in insurance claim.But charged 500 Rs for claim.
He service manager told him that he used to get 2-3 cases like this during summer time. [surprise]

Re: Rear windshield broken in new Zen Estilo

I have never heard of such a scenario. Where exactly is your friend based out of?

I can not imagine that windshield will break because of expanding gases in the cabin!

Thread Starter #3

He stays in Dhanori. Even it was strange for me. I told him to report this issue to Maruti.

This used to happen with cars parked in the hot sun in the Arabian Gulf when the windows were completely wound up.

The way to prevent this from happening is to keep the windows rolled down an inch, So that air passes in and out and there is no pressure build up in the cabin.
And about this happening to a car parked in the shade? I am unsure.

I have read about such incidents recently where a brand new Swift Dezire had its rear windshield broken on the night the car was brought for puja. The ribbions was also intact on the car. The owner took it up with Maruti and got it replaced free of cost.
Possibly if the defogger is left on or if its malfunctioning the glass might get hot n can give up. Or it may also be due to manufacturing defects.
Ask your friend to take it up with Maruti directly.

Wooo!!! Sounds strange to me!!!
May be because of cheap glass or something?? The bonding gets loosen very soon? [confused]

It may be of defogger complaint and service managers won't tell about these kind of issues.
Or society watchmen ?? :suspect:

Hmmm i also have never heard of such cases. Here in Chennai too summers are very hot but never heard of a case like that till now.

This happened with my friend.He had brought car last year. One day he found rear windshield broken completely,just after 5 months from purchasing. At first he thought that somebody might have been done this but later
his society watch men confirmed that it was not. So went to service station.The service manager inspected the car.
Had said that windshield is broken because of air pressure build in the car. My friend drives car only on alternative
week ends. It was summer time.The car is parked in the shad parking. but because of hot weather the air pressure
increased inside the car resulting in breakage.
Does anyone came across such a incident?
He got new windshield installed in insurance claim.But charged 500 Rs for claim.
He service manager told him that he used to get 2-3 cases like this during summer time. [surprise]
yesterday, I am facing same issue..

please advice what I do..

Thread Starter #11

dineshsrawat welcome to TAI

Just get new windshield installed in insurance claim.You will be charged 500 Rs for claim.

I heard this issue first time in my life
I am sure that car isn't a vaccum sealed car , now come on there are so many small wents in the car that the hot air (green house gases) can slip thru .

this happens, there is no fix theory for this but it happens a lot & maximum with cars parked in direct sunlight

my car is parked in sunlight in summer it really gets to 45+ in Australia too and that has never been heard. I was telling my workmates and they all were like What the ****

I dont know the exact theory behind this but I have also heard this few Indian cars catching fire while parked in direct sunlight

Top Bottom