Your Thoughts on Apple iPhone 5?

@Raja, true.
My apple desktop is so good that I felt uncomfortable using that. So I gave it to my mom. She is more than happy with that favor.
she dont get nervous anymore seeing why antivirus is missing or computer is restarting on its own,which was usual in previous windows.

still their 2% must be a lot

and yeah don't know what they have in mind. why so much of lawsuits.
Yes sir Apple's 2% would really be a big amount, Reason i don't remember exactly whether it was last year or last to last year, Apple had cash money in Trillions and that amount was more than 1 and a half times of the amount of cash that the entire US govt. had at that point of time. How ?? please don't ask me i have no clue?

wrong information.

beauty of apple is warranty is honored everywhere even in india. other manufacturers should take a leaf our of apples book and learn to service their customers.
+100 to that. Customer Service 10/10. No hassles.

They did it with soft drinks and chicken ,a phone is a big thing.let us wait and see.

I will buy an iphone when Tata or mahindra launches it untill then I wont bother,nokia is fine for me at least they are affordable.
True that..+100. But Iphone5 is going to increase apple's bank a/c to a great extent( in millions).

I don't think apple can do this so fast , you know apple only spends 2% of its revenue on r&d . And right now their main topic of r& d is who and how to sue some one
Bro Apple's 2% would be in millions, i am not taking favor of apple but that's true. They make a lot of money.

So much for the hype and price. i think they bring down the price of an unlocked 4S in US? 16GB 4S is now for 549 USD. Till yesterday, it was 649 USD. So, if you bought your iphone 4S in the last couple of weeks then
Yes that's true:
Apple 4s 16gb = $549
Apple 4 8 gb = $450

I didn't even check it. But the new iPod Touch, truly awesome! If you are ever getting a gadget other than wanting a phone, go for it without any questions! I really loved it!
Yes it's a really nice product. And one of the best gadgets you can own. I have the ipod touch 4 and it's a really cool thing. I bought it before getting my iphone 4, so now i just use it for playing songs in the car.
i was reading an article in which analysts said iphone 5 will increase America's GDP [surprise] really. i don't know there was something about exports and all but yeah brand value will fetch great money.
The main reason behind that is not the exports buddy but the new contracts.

When you buy a cell phone in US you sign a 2 year contract with the service provider and that's how you get the phones for so cheap. So the new iphone 5 price with the 2 years contract is only $199 (Rs. 10945) taking the current dollar rate into consideration which is almost Rs 55.

So in one of the news channel they told that this year a lot of customers contract is getting expired at the same time so they would go for a new contract and get the new iphone 5.And they have also predicted that iphone5 will do double the business as compared to iphone 4s.

You have actually wrong info buddy .
Only the MacBooks , iPads ( wifi models ) and iPods and assecories have international warranty .

iPhone , iPad ( 3G ) dosent hold internstional warranty atall .Kindly check this with apple coustomer care please .

But yes their coustomer support is top notch and is gold standard .
A close buddy of mine has an imported verizon iphone which he is using on reliance cdma and it developed issues. the warranty was honored in delhi.

Thread Starter #34
A close buddy of mine has an imported verizon iphone which he is using on reliance cdma and it developed issues. the warranty was honored in delhi.
I was clearly told in Mumbai apple store infact they showed be their policy papers iPhone 4 bought anywhere outside India will not be honored in warranty .

Here is the source -

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Apple - Legal

Samsung expected to sue Apple over iPhone 5 tomorrow
All Samsung needs to confirm is that the iPhone 5 is shipping with 4G LTE and it can then apparently set its lawyers into action. As is typical with these patent lawsuits, Samsung will most likely seek an import ban meaning the iPhone 5 may not be able to leave its manufacturing plants and make it to the US to fulfill pre-orders. If such a thing ruling was made, Apple would most likely do a deal that meant it no longer pursued Samsung product bans, and might even forget about that billion dollar payout.
:lol!:

I was clearly told in Mumbai apple store infact they showed be their policy papers iPhone 4 bought anywhere outside India will not be honored in warranty .

Here is the source -

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Apple - Legal
may is the buzz word.

Thread Starter #37
may is the buzz word.
Yes since it's" may " one needs to be very carefull buying a iPhone or a iPad 3G out side India .I have been rejected and similarly many of my freinds have been rejected in Mumbai and banglore by apple India about warranty claims .

But normal iPad , MacBook buy it with close eyes anywhere in the world and repair it anywhere in the world . Infact if it's found as a faulty device apple doesent repair the iPad , iPod they just give you a new device .

Guys i do not see the point of drawing inferences that i phone is good since macbook is good.
Every one knows that apple gives average hardware at grossly overpriced rates.
One can easily manage building a hackintosh (legit) at much cheaper price.
Regarding virus attacks it is a misconception that they are more stable. It is just because the penetration for mac desktops is low , hackers do not find it awarding enough to invest their time to find bugs in their OS.

Thread Starter #44
Guys i do not see the point of drawing inferences that i phone is good since macbook is good.
Every one knows that apple gives average hardware at grossly overpriced rates.
One can easily manage building a hackintosh (legit) at much cheaper price.
Regarding virus attacks it is a misconception that they are more stable. It is just because the penetration for mac desktops is low , hackers do not find it awarding enough to invest their time to find bugs in their OS.
Just for curiosity sake have you used a MacBook or iMac , or a ipad consistently for a good period ?

I have a feeling that the iPhones are really not suited for India. Anything and everything is through iCloud. I will take my good old Android any day.

Top Bottom