Your Personal Mobile Handset?

Great choice varun. Can you post some comparison of both may be its little early too say still you can post your first impressions. I still use iphone 6s from past 1-1/2 years have only one complaint of battery capacity nothing else.

Bought a samsung J6 yesterday for home and its quite impressive for the price paid Rs.12500 after paytm cash back.
Hello sir. Been more than 10 days now since I am using the OP6 and must say that the phone is excellent. Oxygen os is very fluid since it is very close to stock android. I like iOS too but as you mentioned the battery life is below average for heavy users (especially iphone 6s) and for me the biggest setback was the phone not being dual sim since I use 2 sims now. The OP6 surely does have better battery life than the iphone 6s but not as good as many other android phones in the market. The dash charge technology makes up for it since it charges really quickly. Also OP6 supports dual sim VoLTE, so can use 2 jio sims at the same time if required. Yet to explore the camera of the OP6, but having taken a few shots it seems to be very good atleast for me.
The Samsung J6 is a decent device and you have got it for a good price.

I got the same phone for my wife. Wanted the 256 GB Avengers edition but it was out of stock.
Hi Peter. Yes heard there was a lot of demand for the Avengers edition. You may have to wait for sometime to get your hands on one. In case an oneplus experience store is accessible to you may be just drop in and check if it is available with them.

Recently bought Samsung On7 Prime , 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Internal Memory for Rs 6800/- from Amazon (MRP 12990/-) in exchange of less than 1 year old Samsung On7. (Incidentally the latter also was bought from Amazon last year and after discounts it cost Rs 7200/- . i.e. Spend around 1K on it for owning for less than 1 year)

Mom's phone got stolen so bought this today.
Nokia 6 (2018) version for 16500rs.
Looks cool with the black and copper color scheme.
Got the same for dad today albeit Nokia 6.1 Plus with glass finish in black colour from flipkart for Rs.16000.Bought this as a second phone for dad,who is having OnePlus 3 as his primary device.

Had told him to get an iPhone or OP6T or S9 as primary phone but ordered 6.1 Plus as secondary phone and later he might upgrade to an iPhone from OP3 as I told him to use iPhone as primary and 6.1 Plus as secondary.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I got my new phone today - the Nokia 7.1 Midnight Blue. Straight away upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Well built - front and back Gorilaa glass with Aluminium frame. Still trying to understand the settings and features the phone have. I like the camera and its settings which have PiP feature -can take pictures from back and front camera at the same time. Purchased online directly from Digi Life, Delhi (seems direct sales agent for HMD Global?)

001.JPG

The Box

003.JPG

Back side of the Box

004.JPG

Box open position

005.JPG

The Phone

006.JPG

Rear side of the phone (with 2 cameras and finger print scanner)​

Will try to give a review after couple of days.

Thanks

Got the same for dad today albeit Nokia 6.1 Plus with glass finish in black colour from flipkart for Rs.16000.Bought this as a second phone for dad,who is having OnePlus 3 as his primary device.

Had told him to get an iPhone or OP6T or S9 as primary phone but ordered 6.1 Plus as secondary phone and later he might upgrade to an iPhone from OP3 as I told him to use iPhone as primary and 6.1 Plus as secondary.
Dad is using it since 2 months and is happy with it.I always feel that he could have bought an iPhone or Oneplus 6T or Samsung but now he is using Nokla 6.1 Plus as his primary phone and sold off the Oneplus 3 to my friend a month ago for mere price and when I told my dad to buy an iPhone for himself,he simply refused to buy it coz he loves Android as it shows unknown person's name through Truecaller app and dual sim is an added advantage for him.Thats the reason he is sticking to Android but still I feel that he could have bought an iPhone as current iPhones are having dual sim feature.

BTW,how is Oneplus 6T?I'm planning to shift to Android from iPhone as I got bored with using iPhones.I really love iPhone but wanted to have a change for sometime.Few of my friends suggested me not to go for 6T due to battery problems and heating issues while playing Pubg.But,another friend got 6T as soon as it got launched and didn't face any issues with it and he instantly became a fan of Oneplus phones and he is loving the phone so much and even suggested me to go for it if I like it.But,I don't have enough heart to go for Android as I'm an iPhone user since long time and have had phones like iPhone 3GS,iPhone 4,iPhone 5S,iPhone 6 and presently having iPhone SE and iPhone X at home,which was bought in same month.Thinking to buy an iPhone XR in Red colour as it costs Rs.25k lesser than XS and will save some money for buying Airpods and Apple care warranty or else will buy an 8 Plus if its an iPhone and when it comes to Android,will look at OP6T,Note 9.

Last edited:
Dad is using it since 2 months and is happy with it.I always feel that he could have bought an iPhone or Oneplus 6T or Samsung but now he is using Nokla 6.1 Plus as his primary phone and sold off the Oneplus 3 to my friend a month ago for mere price and when I told my dad to buy an iPhone for himself,he simply refused to buy it coz he loves Android as it shows unknown person's name through Truecaller app and dual sim is an added advantage for him.Thats the reason he is sticking to Android but still I feel that he could have bought an iPhone as current iPhones are having dual sim feature.

BTW,how is Oneplus 6T?I'm planning to shift to Android from iPhone as I got bored with using iPhones.I really love iPhone but wanted to have a change for sometime.Few of my friends suggested me not to go for 6T due to battery problems and heating issues while playing Pubg.But,another friend got 6T as soon as it got launched and didn't face any issues with it and he instantly became a fan of Oneplus phones and he is loving the phone so much and even suggested me to go for it if I like it.But,I don't have enough heart to go for Android as I'm an iPhone user since long time and have had phones like iPhone 3GS,iPhone 4,iPhone 5S,iPhone 6 and presently having iPhone SE and iPhone X at home,which was bought in same month.Thinking to buy an iPhone XR in Red colour as it costs Rs.25k lesser than XS and will save some money for buying Airpods and Apple care warranty or else will buy an 8 Plus if its an iPhone and when it comes to Android,will look at OP6T,Note 9.
i normally get bored with ALL my phones within TWO YEARS and change them within 2.5 Years. i consider it a waste to spend more than Rs 35-40,000 on phones. i would recommend you to try Asus Zenfone 5Z that i am using. my review is here (link)

Happy with my Nokia 6.1plus since aug, got the Pai 9 update in Nov, and yesterday the latest update.
In Dec the charging socket was playing up, had to hold the cable to charge, my son found a way around by placing it vertically when charging problem solved till I got the socket replaced under warranty.
Now phone charging normally since 20 days.

I got my new phone today - the Nokia 7.1 Midnight Blue. Straight away upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Well built - front and back Gorilaa glass with Aluminium frame. Still trying to understand the settings and features the phone have. I like the camera and its settings which have PiP feature -can take pictures from back and front camera at the same time. Purchased online directly from Digi Life, Delhi (seems direct sales agent for HMD Global?)

Will try to give a review after couple of days.

Thanks
Nairji, How is your experience with 7.1? How is the camera quality with zeiss optics?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nairji, How is your experience with 7.1? How is the camera quality with zeiss optics?
Very Nice phone - good performance so far. The camera is super with lots of features.

It has a dual-camera on its back, a 12MP primary with dual-pixel autofocus, while the secondary 5MP monochrome snapper has been just a helper for the portrait and HDR shots. It has Auto HDR and video recording. Also, I can take photos using both front and rear camera's and has a PIP feature.

And the device is dust free - no finger print marks on the front or rear side of the phone (it shines always..)

I have replaced my A8+ 2018 with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (256 GB Variant) and currently using it as a main device and really happy with it [:D][:D], bought it on 17th September, 2018, I have kept the A8+ 2018 as a backup Mobile Phone Device.

40917208_1923814917919443_2054161758427252934_n.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom