Your Favourite & Not So Favourite TV Commercials

Anybody watching the IPL would have watched the micromax mobile ad featuring Akshay Kumar! No offence meant on him!! I just hate that ad to the core , he just keeps laughing like a lunatic for the complete ad!!

Are we moving on from Car ads??
Coz I have a lot of hates and loves outside the car world!!

Thread Starter #54

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen Polo and Ford Figo Advertisements get full on full from my side. This time the competition is really going to be tough for Best TV Commercial award.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Article in the Hindu --- Two-wheeler TV ads grow 48% in 2009

With two-wheelers posting a strong 26 per cent growth in 2009-10, manufacturers have also stepped up advertising their products.

According to AdEx India analysis, television advertisements by two-wheeler companies have grown 48 per cent in 2009 as compared to the previous year.

Within the segment, motorcycles contributed the largest with an 85 per cent share.

This was followed by a 14 per cent share for scooterettes and a one per cent share for electric bikes. Overall, the two-wheeler segment had a 49 per cent share of the TV advertising across all automakers.

The largest domestic two-wheeler company in volumes, Hero Honda, led overall with a 41 per cent share among two-wheeler TV advertisements.

Incidentally, Hero Honda has maintained its position as the largest advertiser in the auto industry for two years in a row (2008 and 2009).

Among the other companies, TVS Motor Company had a 27 per cent share in TV advertising, while Bajaj Auto had a 13 per cent share and Yamaha Motor and Mahindra had a 9 and 4 per cent share each.

Among new two-wheeler brands advertised in 2009, TVS Apache RTR 180 led, followed by TVS Scooty Streak, Hero Honda Karizma ZMR, Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si, TVS Flame SR 125, Hero Honda Passion Pro and Suzuki GS150R – in that particular order.

Celebrity ratings

Hrithik Roshan, brand ambassador for Hero Honda, was the top celebrity endorser among two-wheeler brands with a 59 per cent share.

He was followed by Priyanka Chopra (20 per cent), M S Dhoni (10 per cent), Sania Mirza (8 per cent) and John Abraham (3 per cent).

Thread Starter #58

350Z

Core Team
Which advertisement Saniza Mirza worked for? It'll be nice to know the similar ratings for four wheelers too!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Priyanka Chopra, i think comes in HH ads right?
MS Dhoni for TVS StarCity
Sania Mirza is unknown
John Abraham must be for Yamaha only

Top Bottom