Your Favorite Restaurants on Indian Highways?

Well coming to north,my hot favorite:-
On NH-8 after you pass Gurgaon comes a place 'Dharuhera',there is a small restaurant called 'Rao Dhaba',since I am a 'Shahi Paneer' addict and this restaurant serves best of it.

Azad Hind Dhaba at Uluberia (beside the BP petrol pump) on NH6 and Sher-E-Punjab at kolaghat also on NH6 is very good option. Sher-E-Punjab at Madhyamgram on NH 34 is also served excellent foods.

Shri Datta snacks on Mumbai-Pune e-way. Awesome Maharashtrian stuff; I like Kanda Pohe, Upit, Sabudana Khichadhi, Shira, Masala Tak et al.

On Banglore - Mangalore highway after Bellur cross Hotel Mayura is one of my favorite hotel. I never miss to stop here and have some snacks. It is vegetarian, clean, and well maintained. Small garden outside is there for your kids to enjoy and relax for a while.

Attachments

Last edited:
On Banglore - Mangalore highway after Bellur cross Hotel Mayura is one of my favorite hotel. I never miss to stop here and have some snacks. It is vegetarian, clean, and well maintained. Small garden outside is there for your kids to enjoy and relax for a while.
Hi there Rao66, i have never come across this restaurant.

During my visit to Mangalore, i usually take Shiradi Ghat.

With usual stop to Kamat @ C.R.Patna, next to CCD .

Hi Mukeshus,
I wonder how you missed this hotel. After Bellur cross before Adichunchanagiri bus stand and Adichunchanagiri Hospital (opp: BGS Institute of technology, if you are travelling from Bangalore to Hassan on the left side of road) this hotel is about 50 mtrs from the main highway. This hotel is famous for tasty idlys, decent meal, fabulous evening snacks and mouth watering north Indian dishes, more over this place is hygienic, clean, neat washrooms, good parking area and PURELY VEGETARIAN. Sometimes Volvos stop over here, and most of the time this place is not crowded. Just try this place once, and you'll remember me for your life. Bellur cross is about 25 kms from Kunigal on Hassan Highway[clap]

Last edited:
Kamat Lokaruchi at Ramanagara on the Bangalore-Mysore Highway is one of my favorites.
The Idlis covered in those coconut leaves are a delight to savor.

Pavithra Idli Hotel(Kyathasandra, Tumkur) on the NH 4 (Bangalore-Pune) is another pick.
They serve mouth watering Benne Idli and crispy Masala Dosas.
They also have a tub of chutney placed on each table so that you need to look for somebody to refill as the place is teeming with patrons.

I would like to add the Woody's on the Bangalore-Tirupati highway too. Our regular halt on all our Tirupati trips. Pricey but the ambiance makes up for the cost.

Any good Dhaba on Bangalore to Mysore road or Hosur Road or Kanakapura road where we can have nice hot tandoori roti and butter chicken masala.

Posting after a long long time!

My favorite on NH-48 (Old NH-4)
1. Hotel Sai International (35 km North of Kolhapur)
2. Virangula (Between Pune-Satara)
3. Datta Snacks (Near food mall on Mumbai-Pune eway)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
When I travel on NH1, the only place I stop for lunch is Sukhdev. Now its renovated but quality of food and price is still very good. In winters at this place it is difficult to find parking space. I also have heard from my relatives that Haveli is a good restaurant too. When traveling on NH-24, I stop at KFC in Gajraula or at Meriton which also is in Gajraula.

Regards

Akash

When I travel on NH1, the only place I stop for lunch is Sukhdev. Now its renovated but quality of food and price is still very good. In winters at this place it is difficult to find parking space. I also have heard from my relatives that Haveli is a good restaurant too. When traveling on NH-24, I stop at KFC in Gajraula or at Meriton which also is in Gajraula.

Regards

Akash
Hay Akash ! My cousin from Delhi also suggested me Sukhdev for delicious food, when i was coming back to punjab from delhi. But my bad luck [cry] , but i failed to find it .

Last edited:
My favourite is Rice and fish at NH17, near Edappal. They serve only fish and vegetables. Awesome ambience and food price is also reasonable

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hay Akash ! My cousin from Delhi also suggested me Sukhdev for delicious food, when i was coming back to punjab from delhi. But my bad luck , but i failed to find it .
Veerey, when you come from Delhi, Sukhdev Dhaba is on your left hand and is at Murthal. Maybe you would have crossed it when it was undergoing renovation.

Regards

Akash

@Saroya:
Man you couldn't spot Sukhdev!! You sure? Was you driving or sleeping?
Err.. It's at Murthal that I can recognise Sukhdev even by looking at the over crowded parking (I guess it always has 100+ vehicles) where the vehicles can be seen parked more than 100 metres before the restaurant with buses, cars and what not.
BTW both Sukhdev and Haveli are worth a halt on every trip.

Top Bottom