Your Fastest Driving Time From Pune To Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
I drove from Pune to Bangalore last month (July)
Started from Fatima Nagar, Pune @ 4:55 AM
Reached Bangalore Jalahalli Cross @ 4:45 PM
Total Pit Stop- 3
Passengers: 3
Total Time taken: 11 Hrs 50 Mins [drive][drive]

I want to know if the time taken a normal or was I really fast [roll]

Re: What is the Fastest time taken by you to drive from Pune to Bangalore?

This last monday (Aug) only I came from Pune to Bangalore.
I stared around 8 AM from Khardi Bypass road ,Pune and reached BTM layout, Bangalore at 9.30 PM.
I had 4 Pit stop :
2 break for Snacks for around 30 min.
1 Lunch break for around 1 hour.
1 Tea break for around 30 min (my kid wanted to refresh).

2 Fuel break:
1st one at Pune.
2nd was after 500KM from pune.

Maintained the speed of around 100-120 KMPH [drive] always.
I think your timing is normal I would say good.
I have heard like people have done from Mumbai to Bangalore in 14 hours time.

Depends on actual driving time (MID trip meter should be a better indicator) and city, traffic.

From my experience, I would say fast (at least for 40% of the journey) if the real driving time was less than or 10 hrs ... I too did Blr to Pune in stretch last week, started @ 4:30 AM and reached @ 5 PM with avg speed in excess of 80 kmph (more than 2:30 hr halt in total).

With toll booths (esp when nearing cities) and driving inside Pune, rain, bad roads (esp around katraj ghat, satara), one requires to drive to the limit at times to achieve that kind of avg speed.

I think keeping avg speed around 70 or 75 kmph (if possible) for the journey provided one starts at 4 AM sharp is very decent and more fuel efficient and that would be my next plan.

Reducing halt duration would certainly help: e.g., over 12 hrs, make it 30 + 5 + 10 + 60 + 5 + 10 = 2 hrs max.

This last monday (Aug) only I came from Pune to Bangalore.
I stared around 8 AM from Khardi Bypass road ,Pune and reached BTM layout, Bangalore at 9.30 PM.
I had 4 Pit stop :
2 break for Snacks for around 30 min.
1 Lunch break for around 1 hour.
1 Tea break for around 30 min (my kid wanted to refresh).

2 Fuel break:
1st one at Pune.
2nd was after 500KM from pune.

Maintained the speed of around 100-120 KMPH [drive] always.
I think your timing is normal I would say good.
I have heard like people have done from Mumbai to Bangalore in 14 hours time.
I think your times are good. NH4m provides a smooth driving experience through most (but not all) of the 800+ kms stretch. Assuming you drive safely which would be less than 100 Kms, this 814 Kms journey can be theoretically done in 8.14 hours. However adding time taken for paying tolls, bio breaks, fuel pit stops & also depending on your final destinations in the cities, this trip should take between 12-15 hours. The last mile on NH-4 at the source city & the destination city will add significantly to the variation in time taken. For example, the time taken for last mile from NH4 in Pune will vary upon whether you live in Wagholi or Hadapsar or Baner.

Last edited:
Only once I had done Bangalore - Mumbai - Bangalore in 2 days. Friday night by 9 PM we started from Hennur and reached Mumbai (Chembur) by 11:30 AM or so. It was a whole night drive with an average speed of 100 - 120 and 140 wherever possible. Especially, Pune to Mumbai was in just flat 1 hour on Expressway. We knew it's risky to drive all night, especially in those speeds. But, it was an emergency (death in the family) and need to be present there before 11 AM, else the whole point of such a long journey will be for no use.

We were supposed to return back the same night, but I thought it's not a good idea as I have been driving from the previous night and the whole day was again busy in funeral. Hence, we drove to Pune and spent that night in my friend's place. Started from Pune (Magarpatta) the next morning 9 AM and reached Bangalore (Banaswadi) by 12 midnight. Yes, the return journey took longer as we were cruising in about 100 - 120 or even lesser at times due to bad roads, diversions and traffic as it was a day time. The roads to Bangalore wasn't as great as the other side. Moreover, we weren't in a hurry...

I think your times are good. NH4m provides a smooth driving experience through most (but not all) of the 800+ kms stretch. Assuming you drive safely which would be less than 100 Kms, this 814 Kms journey can be theoretically done in 8.14 hours. However adding time taken for paying tolls, bio breaks, fuel pit stops & also depending on your final destinations in the cities, this trip should take between 12-15 hours. The last mile on NH-4 at the source city & the destination city will add significantly to the variation in time taken. For example, the time taken for last mile from NH4 in Pune will vary upon whether you live in Wagholi or Hadapsar or Baner.
May be being monday I did not find much traffic on the road.It was drizzling all the way from Pune to Bangalore so resulting a little less two wheeler traffic.From Pune to Bangalore only Kolhapur, Belgoun and Hubuli are major city. Here also I did not find much traffic on the road.

May be these have amounted for covering the distance. Road is really nice.

But while going to Pune from Bangalore I took almost 16 hours to reach Pune,Khardi By pass Road.
I stared from Bangalore at 2 PM from BTM,Bangalore .Braked my journey at Belgoun 10 PM.(including Hotel Check in). Here I took only 1 pit stop for snacks . But heavily hit by the rain. Speed almost dropped to 40 KMPH for several time.

Started from Belgoun at around 5.30 AM and took a very longish break after Kolhapur at Sai International at around 8.00 AM. This is the place I would recommend for everybody for refreshment.
They are really maintaining the restroom clean and nice.
Started around 9 AM again from there and reached Khardi By pass Road at around 1.30 PM after negotiating pune heavy traffic.

Thread Starter #7
Between Pune to Bangalore.. I hate the road from
- Satara to Kolhapur
- Tumkur to Pune
Its heavily crowded.

I heard Pune-> Solapur-> Davangere-> Bangalore is a shorter route.
Does anybody have an idea on how is the route from Solapur to Davangere and how long does that take?
Pune to Solapur takes around 4 Hours.

I heard Pune-> Solapur-> Davangere-> Bangalore is a shorter route. Does anybody have an idea on how is the route from Solapur to Davangere and how long does that take? Pune to Solapur takes around 4 Hours.
Pune-Solapur stretch is in bad shape right now. NH4 all the way from Pune - Kolhapur-Hubli-Davengere-Tumkur is the smoothest & fastest way to Bangalore.

Can any one tell me the road condition from Bangalore to Pune. My BIL is planning to go to Pune next week. Please update as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I have done in 2020, it took about 12 hours driving+3 hours(breakfast, lunch and dinner each one hour) total break. Roads are good that time except Hubli bypass. Don't no present condition of roads.

Top Bottom