Your Experiences Of Greatest Bike There Was in India - The RX100

Uuhh!!! completely disgree with you Raj!! [:D]

You have hurted the feeling of many people here.

I love RX100 for just all the above reasons you have said!
thats the reason i said sorry in advance!

Wooh!!
Someone had his fenders scratched by an RX sometime??[:D]
Looks are subjective, and there is no doubting the billowing smoke behind an RX at full speed, but how can you not like the sound??
nah, never! when i hear the sound of an RX (usually its very loud), i either give way (because the wannabes on the bike can act very crazy) or i accelerate so that they are kept at a distance.

the smoke & the sound- both are irritating to me. infact, i always used to guess what is so good about the RX? my cousin had one, maintained in a very pristine condition. he is also one RX fan! i used to ride it everyday but i never got to know what is so good about the bike. infact, i started disliking it after riding it.

thats the reason i said sorry in advance!
Not a problem :) But just want to know how it contradicts!

nah, never! when i hear the sound of an RX (usually its very loud), i either give way (because the wannabes on the bike can act very crazy) or i accelerate so that they are kept at a distance.
Are you sure that you accelerated away from RX100 ?

Which bike did you drive then ?

Are you sure that you accelerated away from RX100 ?

Which bike did you drive then ?
hey, by accelerating away, i dint mean he disappears in my RVM types!!!

i either slow down if he is riding fast or i accelerate if he is riding slow. either ways, i maintain a safe distance!

Whoa Raj! I guess you are the first person to dislike the RX 100!! Looks are subjective but i like its looks. Agree tyres are too skinny and a polluting bike , but i just love the sweet sound of a revving RX 100!! A great track performer too , an all rounder in fact!!

Tyres may look skinny guys!

But have you ever took a sharp corners in that bike ?

Its absolutely performance bike, I will go mad when you talk about RX100.

I'm still feeling & crying till date for selling RX100

Thread Starter #36
Looks like we can all gang up in the next meet and subject Raj to some RX exhaust!!
Hey!! I love the fact that the RX lovers are so much in love with the vehicle!!

That is the problem ... the RX100 was around before the digital cameras came!!
Very true. I need to hunt for the snaps of my RX100. Mine was one of the last with the 12V electrics. Mine was originally black but I restored it and painted it blue like the ones from the first batch. It was my 3rd bike. My first was the RD and then the CBZ. According to me it was the 2nd best bike, the RD being the best. My RX had an Indian carb which I swapped with my friend when he crashed his RX. Just switching the carb from Mikarb to Mikuni increased my milege from 35 to 45.

Thread Starter #38
Mine was the 1988 model with the original Jap carb.!!
Localization did take a fair amount of charm out of the RX, but not its spirit!!

Oh,its a good thread. Very nice! The RX 100 was my first bike back in 94,I learnt to wheelie on it and she did sure win me a lot of attention in my college days. I can never forget the Adrenaline pumping years with my RX 100.

Not so much of an issue,but it was very easy to pop one.

as aditya said, RX100 lovers are very vicious! but let me take a risk by voicing out my opinion- i completely DISLIKE the RX100!!!

reasons are many-

1) i hate its looks: the flat panels & the skinny tyres dont evoke any interest!

2) i hate its sound: MOST IMPORTANT! i go mad (not in the good sense) when i hear a revving RX100. i simply dislike its ktrrrr trrrr sound. i know its a 2 stroke, but a kinetic honda scooter sounds better. i also know many here love the bike because of its sound, but i dislike it!

3) it is one of the most polluting bike i have seen on indian roads, again compared to 2 stroke bikes only.

4) initial acceleration is good but nothing mind blowing & acceleration after 50kmph is nothing to write about too.

the only thing good about the bike is its resale value!!!

sorry if i have hurt the RX100 loyalists/lovers, these are just my opinion & need not be accepted.
If the RX 100 was loud you would have had a heart attack if you had been within 50 metres range of my earlier full blown ported RX 135 5 speeder with a custom built expansion chamber at its peak mode. I usually had fun with it moving even buses to the left of the road while overtaking with just one or two downshifts and a full twist of the throttle. Even an Octavia VRS could never play catch up. And as for the skinny tyres. People who learn to ride on RX's and Shoguns rarely fall off any other bikes after they master these bikes cause the bike demands constant alertness from the rider. Reason is that they know that the tyres are thin and that braking is at premium. And one miscalculation or error in judgement,down you go! The golden rule in those days was-"Any idiot can go fast,but he who can stop in time is the real biker and expert".So the guys and gals who started biking on those bikes are better riders compared to the kids these days. I cant understand how some kids fall off new generation bikes for instance say the Unicorn or FZ16 which are so much superior in handling and have better dynamic capabilities. They have to be total idiots to fall off or crash. I believe that if they were on an RX and rode like that without respecting the power to weight ratio of the RX they would end up in the ICU or for worse at the undertaker's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom