Your Experiences Of Greatest Bike There Was in India - The RX100

Rx 100! Wow!!, It was my 1st bike when i was 16. I hardly knew how to ride a bike with gear and i had an RX100, 1988 Jap make, sealed engine. I knew it was powerful, didn't know how much. I discovered, but in a painful way, I tried going for a drag and the bike did wheelie in the 1st, came down when i held clutch, with high throttle, did wheelie again in the 2nd, turned 180 Degree backwards and i fell at around 70-80 Kmh. I still have the scars to this day on my hand, and ppl ask me, "OhH!, what happened?" and i remember my RX100 then [:D].

There were times (after getting used to the bike and its speed) when i used to race with my pal who had a Shogun, in the city. At top speeds, i was shaken by its speed, i have felt like the bike was gonna just blast off from my hands!!, that was the energy (i donno if all RX's has this kinda power but mine did!). After the race, i was shaken and sweating imagining how raw the power was..

Its great i feel for Indian standards, i owned it for 10yrs, honestly, i serviced it 3-4 times max (of course i was careless), but the vehicle never asked for it, at
least didn't trouble me much. of course other 4stroke bikes do go fast but with RX, the noise, the agility and the RPM and the light weight just makes it so special.

No complaining about RX100, if you are a machine lover who would appreciate a brilliant piece of engineering, you just cant deny the beauty of an RX100 in all aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Nostalgic thread !!!

I have not owned one. But have got a chance to ride both RX 100 AND RX 135. Wow what a bike it is !!! The RX 100 was a 1989 model with a Japan carb and engine. RX 135 was 1997 or 98 one in a mint condition, which my mechanic gave as a substitute one when my bike was gone for service. Both were a legend, but RX 100 is something special for which people die for !!! Especially when signal turns green and RX 100 will be a mile away leaving others behind its smoke :)

Inspite of several 4 Stroke racing bikes available now, even today college guys wants to own an RX !! Nobody cares about mileage when they are in an RX and rocks the road.. I especially love its white smoke and oil leaking silencers.. Its a kind of bike, which will never die.

Driven my RX135 after a short gap (about 3 weeks) and couldn't express the feel with words. For these days I was using my Sunny, RXG & my friend's vehicles (Figo, Santro, Punto, Pulsar) for various DIY projects and finally driving my own RX gave me such a fun & excitement. Even a 1.5L diesel mill & comfortable AC cabin couldn't satisfy the driver inside me.

Indeed a very nostalgic thread. Rx still rules ! I had one during my engineering days. Later got sold due to some financial crunch. But have recently bought a 88 yammy. I am enjoying it after a huge gap of 17 years [:)]
Here are the pics......

Attachments

I need to hunt for the snaps of my RX100.
Hey guys check out my RX135 [thumbsup]
No offence meant but why did almost all Bangy guys do this to the RX. Yezdi Headlamp and Yezdi rear tyre. Totally ruins the looks of the RX.

hey guyz, how many of you own a RD
Not any more but the first bike I bought was a RD 350. Actress Sonali Bhendre was the previous owner. The RX 100 was my 3rd bike

Hi, look at my RX 100 owner's manual ! That too in good condition [clap]
If you don't mind, can I have a scanned copy? In case anyone wants the workshop manual for the RX 100, I'll be happy to share it.

Again no offence to RX/RD owners/lovers. Both were great bikes for their time but not any more. Current resale values and prices of spares mke them just not worth it. If you're looking for a bike to give you the same riding pleasure as a RX/RD just buy a Duke 200/390.

Last edited:

Top Bottom