TOTAL
SHIP TO
X
ORDER # 403-4427426-2792347
Order Details Invoice
Arriving 2 May - 4 May
Preparing for Dispatch
Track package

Kingston SSDNow A400 240GB Internal Solid State Drive (SA400S37/240GIN)
Sold by: Appario Retail Private Ltd
Cancel items
Lets see how it goes.

Thread Starter #17

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sirji, go for KINGSTON A400 240GB instead. It costs same as WD Green (around 2.5k) but has higher R/W speed (~500MB/s)
I am in Receipt of the the said Kingston SSD.
The workings of Kingston are very different than WD. There is not easy way to check or Validate warranty online. I could not find any warranty registration form. Other than mentioning 3 years warranty on blister pack, there are no further details. Also, if anything the SSD is running too hot. Often 61~63.C which is making me uncomfortable.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Many online companies lack providing proper warranty for their products. They simply say 'warranty' but no documentary support provided. If we buy from any shop, at least we can get the warranty card signed by the shop guys but online purchase this is missing. If any problem with the product then we will have tough time to get it done?

I am in Receipt of the the said Kingston SSD.
The workings of Kingston are very different than WD. There is not easy way to check or Validate warranty online. I could not find any warranty registration form. Other than mentioning 3 years warranty on blister pack, there are no further details. Also, if anything the SSD is running too hot. Often 61~63.C which is making me uncomfortable.
I think there is no warranty status check or registration for Kingston, Sandisk, Toshiba and even for my Samsung SSD. Afaik, only WD and Seagate has such. For claiming warranty you have to contact Rashi Peripherals located in your city if you not, customer care will advice you the nearest pickup or service center.

However, 60+ C is too high. My brother's kingston SSD never crosses 40 even under heavy load. I guess yours is faulty so its better to return for refund or replacement. Btw; What is DOM?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

bhvm

Honoured Member
This is what I sent to Kingston on email.
Dear kingston,
I have recently purchased Kingston A400 240GB SSD on amazon bearing the serial number 50026B7380219025.

I would like to know if the device has a valid warranty and what is the warranty expiry date for my particular device.
Also please explain me what document is required for RMA as there was no warranty card provided.

Thanks.

Thread Starter #21

bhvm

Honoured Member
So,
I recieved 2 SSDs from my online shopping.
One is WD one is Kingston.
One is from Amazon, one is from Flipkart. (I was in Hurry as I had SMART errors on Existing HDD, So I brought what was quickly available. Also Amazon had bungled my schedule by refusing to deliver my earlier order of SSD).

1. Intrestingly , in BOTH ssds, The serial numbers on Bills and actual product are different. So I sent an email to Both Flipkart and Amazon regarding the same.
I was able to get a Proper warranty confirmation on my WD using online portal but could not do so for Kingston.
I have asked both Amazon & FK to provide a new Invoice with proper serial No.s for Warranty use.

Flipkart also gave me an escalation and a call today.
Opera Snapshot_2019-05-03_152724_mail.google.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2019-05-03_152823_mail.google.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2019-05-03_153010_mail.google.com.jpg

Many online companies lack providing proper warranty for their products. They simply say 'warranty' but no documentary support provided. If we buy from any shop, at least we can get the warranty card signed by the shop guys but online purchase this is missing. If any problem with the product then we will have tough time to get it done?
Yes. However for us rural folks, Walk in Purchases are not possible. Small computer shops do not have SSDs in stock and when ordered, I was quoted 3200 for WD.

However, 60+ C is too high. My brother's kingston SSD never crosses 40 even under heavy load. I guess yours is faulty so its better to return for refund or replacement. Btw; What is DOM?
It seems like SSD is behaving like a CPU/ Chip. It shoots up when in use. But falls back to Idle at about 40~50.C. I was expecting SSDs to run cool like a cucumber with no heat output whatsoever. I have a laptop, Maybe this is causing additional heat. I could try swapping the drive bay and report.

Currently, The Kingston is running hot but is passing all endurance and SMART tests. Also windows checkdisk came out Fine. You know any utility to check premature wear on SSDs? I am using SSD-Z which shows 100% health and 100% endurance. Also, when recd these, They had no "Power on Hours" (POH) or Wear leveling ratings, which means I got fresh unused units. I do not suspect Anything wrong.
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

Can you help me locate DOM?
P_20190502_203414_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@bhvm

Do you have desktop, 2.5" casing or sata to usb adapter? To check the temps. Some SSDs become hot but kingston has metal case so it should maintain the temps. Here is a SSD-Z screen shot of my SSD right after benchmark. While heavy load or benchmark it reaches to ~40c then drops to 35c on idle.

CR_Kingston_A400.png

You know any utility to check premature wear on SSDs?
Use kingston SSD Manager. With it you can also check firmware and update to latest version.

Can you help me locate DOM?
DOM or DOI. Its written on the backside of the packing.

Thread Starter #23

bhvm

Honoured Member
DOM or DOI. Its written on the backside of the packing.
Not found.I am hoping Kingston replies before Return period expires.
Do you have desktop, 2.5" casing or sata to usb adapter? To check the temps.
Mine is workstation class laptop (17.3 inch,upto 3 Drive Bays, Expresscard/Docking). Its quite old (2008) But quite a beast. Having 2 GPUs in SLI, it is known to run hot. Idles near 50~55.C and reaches 70.C on load during summers. This is with extra fans pointed towards it. Meanwhile, your temps are beautiful! Looks like a desktop with front intake fans (Blowing right over SSDs).

Here is my Workstation.-
211020071547.jpg
211020071548.jpg
211020071552.jpg
Desk 2.jpg
P_20190422_093733_HDR.jpg

Not found.I am hoping Kingston replies before Return period expires.
Strange. I just checked mine and it has January 2019 DOI. I got the SSD from OnlySSD website.

DSC_0378.JPG

Mine is workstation class laptop (17.3 inch,upto 3 Drive Bays, Expresscard/Docking). Its quite old (2008) But quite a beast. Having 2 GPUs in SLI, it is known to run hot. Idles near 50~55.C and reaches 70.C on load during summers. This is with extra fans pointed towards it. Meanwhile, your temps are beautiful! Looks like a desktop with front intake fans (Blowing right over SSDs).
It sure looks like beast and doesn't seem like there is ventilation problem.

Actually my brother is using Kingston SSD on his new Dell 5575 Laptop. Its slim (non removable battery) and dell's cooling design isn't very good yet the SSD runs cool. I have 8 year old desktop PC with Samsung 860 SSD and it hits 45 under load and even 50 when ambient temperature is high. It also has issues with old systems and I'm waiting for 3rd gen Ryzen to upgrade.

Thread Starter #25

bhvm

Honoured Member
Oh. Mine is 04.19. Curse the small text!
At once the quality of font felt so bad that I thought its a counterfeit! Even at the front the text is so blurry. Chinese copies have better fonts!

BTW I doubt the Kingston SSD is metal. Its so light It feels like plastic with just metallic/graphite paint as I have on my Safari. Also, the WD SSD which is clearly plastic runs nicely at 46.c in my other system. It might be possible the hot GPUs in this system causing parasitic heat.

Ryzen 3rd gen. Yep I have it in my sights.
My Past PCs were AMD X2 3800+ machester and then AMD A10-5800k

Oh. Mine is 04.19. Curse the small text!
At once the quality of font felt so bad that I thought its a counterfeit! Even at the front the text is so blurry. Chinese copies have better fonts!
It looks fine here. Or kingston also started to degrade their budget level products [confused]

BTW I doubt the Kingston SSD is metal. Its so light It feels like plastic with just metallic/graphite paint as I have on my Safari. Also, the WD SSD which is clearly plastic runs nicely at 46.c in my other system. It might be possible the hot GPUs in this system causing parasitic heat.
It is made of aluminium as shown here, atleast thats what I got. May be they have replaced it to plastic in recent batch and thats why it is getting hot. [frustration]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Recently bought something from bunaai.com.

make sure to check return/refund policy before ordering.

i didn't and as a result I had to send back the courier on my own expense due to size issue and they sent me another product and for that too I had to pay the courier charges.
So the product price increased by 13%.

Not the websites fault since they clearly mention the policy on the website.

Thread Starter #28

bhvm

Honoured Member
Flipkart was the first to call me on Issue regarding the SSD. Amazon hasn't called me yet.
2 agents called me to explain that invoices cannot be modified and only option is to have a refund.
I tried explaining that even I run a business and Editing or simply creating a new invoice is certainly possible. But they wont listen.

They have given me an option to return the product. I think I should go ahed for the return.
All the 2 nights worth of time I spent on Moving/Cloning data and windows will go waste. What a grouch!
What say fellas? I don't think the brands will entertain warranty with a faulty invoice?

Opera Snapshot_2019-05-05_222245_mail.google.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2019-05-05_222310_mail.google.com.png

Flipkart was the first to call me on Issue regarding the SSD. Amazon hasn't called me yet.
2 agents called me to explain that invoices cannot be modified and only option is to have a refund.
I tried explaining that even I run a business and Editing or simply creating a new invoice is certainly possible. But they wont listen.

They have given me an option to return the product. I think I should go ahed for the return.
All the 2 nights worth of time I spent on Moving/Cloning data and windows will go waste. What a grouch!
What say fellas? I don't think the brands will entertain warranty with a faulty invoice?
If the serial number is different then you will face issues while claiming warranty, so I suggest to return both the products for refund.

Also buy pc parts from online stores such as mdcomputers, onlyssd/primeabgb, vedant computers, starcomp, kccomputers and etc.
So that you can contact seller directly for any info or issues and brands will honor warranty since these are authorized sellers.

Amazon, flipkart, snapdeal and even paytm doesn't have direct contact with the seller (because they use call center) so their resolution is "Return" for any kind of issues.

Top Bottom