Your Dream Cars

Well, we can dream always high. But I would like to limit my dreams where I can reach, if at all I can stretch my budget! and..for me it is :

safari.jpg

Shynish proud to be a Safari owner now![:D] But i would strongly advice you against a Safari simply for its reliability and maintenance.

Shynish proud to be a Safari owner now![:D] But i would strongly advice you against a Safari simply for its reliability and maintenance.

Yeh! you are correct. The old safari was a 'thesis with out proper research'. It had gearbox problem clubbed with under powered engine. However, the new version is a different story alltogether. Unfortunately, it is still not grabing numbers due to several reasons:

1. The Size
  2. This is not at all an option for Taxi or cab operations unlike Innova / Scorpio / Tavera
  3. The old but still lasting bad reputation
  4. Idiotic TATA ASS guys [frustration]
However, If I have 13 Lkhs to dispose, I will anyday pick SAFARI. Only catch is that I may have to use it for the lifetime and can not think about any resale. But I am okay with it! I drove it only once that too the latest model. It was some thing you can call Love at first drive. I instantly fell in deep love with Safari. The driving postion and sapce is really commanding. All other cars will look like small bees going around! You will tend to respect only those NP trucks and buses. SAFARI rocks man [:D]

Yeah agree with you completely Shynish! With an SUV or a Safari you are the "King of the road" You are welcome to TD my Safari anytime![:D]

Yeh! you are correct. The old safari was a 'thesis with out proper research'. It had gearbox problem clubbed with under powered engine. However, the new version is a different story alltogether. Unfortunately, it is still not grabing numbers due to several reasons:

1. The Size
  2. This is not at all an option for Taxi or cab operations unlike Innova / Scorpio / Tavera
  3. The old but still lasting bad reputation
  4. Idiotic TATA ASS guys [frustration]
i beg to differ. even the new safaris are equally problematic. infact the older gen safaris never used to have engine issues which the new gen 2.2 Dicor has. i am saying this from experience.

Scorpios & innovas do well as they are more reliable compared to safari. i have not seen many scorpio cabs in here.

However, If I have 13 Lkhs to dispose, I will anyday pick SAFARI. Only catch is that I may have to use it for the lifetime and can not think about any resale. But I am okay with it! I drove it only once that too the latest model. It was some thing you can call Love at first drive. I instantly fell in deep love with Safari. The driving postion and sapce is really commanding. All other cars will look like small bees going around! You will tend to respect only those NP trucks and buses. SAFARI rocks man [:D]
i agree with that. thats the reason you find so many safari fans around. but after 2 bad experiences, i have learnt to stay away from tatas, the hard way!

Dicor Engine problem? I remember one of cousin mentioned this some times back. But I never paid attention. Do we have a thread on this some where?

Not in our forum as we have only one safari owner (cooldhaya) & that too a 3.0 Dicor which is reliable. the 3.0 Dicor is from the Tata 407 tempo with a CRDi unit attached to it & hence it was free from issues.

but i cant say the same about the 2.2s, not all 2.2s have engine issues, there are some who has run for thousands of kms without a single problem but there are others whose car has been visiting the A.S.S since the time they bought the car!

After the older scorpio, i wanted a white safari too. but the reviews i found on net were highly discouraging. i even test drove the safari twice but eventually settled for the scorpio due to many reasons.

My affordable dream car in the near future would be a Scorpio Vlx

Dream Cars would be Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro, Q7 4.8 TDI & Ford Mustang Shelby

Dream bike would be the one and only Hayabusa

Top Bottom