Your Choice Between Premium Hatchbacks and Budget Sedans?

Your Pick?

• Total voters
Dude, please understand what we mean when we say a "boot". We mean a boot of a proper 3 box sedan

When someone says, we dont require a boot - it essentially means, we dont require a big boot. But space for 2 soft bags is more than enough.

What kind of a logic is this?

Ferraris, Lambos, Maseratis have low ground clearance.

SX4 is a premium car when compared to Jaguar XJL
Hyundai EON is a premium car when compared to Punto

I do pretty high speeds on the highways. Puntos are meant for that.

Please note, highways are pretty clean & we do not need to worry about GC. Its only on bad surfaced roads where we need to worry & on such roads, we anyways wont drive fast.

And now that FIAT have increased the GC of new models, same bunch of people starts cribbing for the looks of the car. [anger]. Actually this normal human tendency that we complain about what we dont have and when we get it, we realise what we had earlier was perfect as per our need. [:D]

If one person owns a jaguar car and a sx4, who wants to travel from one city to other and in between wants to visit his or friends farm house located in a village, sx4 wins clearly due to gc, rather than towing the low gc jaguar. So the person will wish that high gc in the jaguar, so that he doesn't miss goodies of jaguar on indian road conditions.

Now, I feel relived , at least Fiat itself has agreed with me on gc issue.

Now comes the time for me to vote on this thread, Your choice between premium hatch and a budget sedan (3 box sedan type boot not being an essential requirement)
The car which can full fil the criteria mentioned by me inmy posts on this thread was not existing in India till now.

But there is hope , in the form of mahindra Quanto, td and display vehicle is reaching next week in pune showroom, I will take a td and declare my vote till then 'NOTA' i.e. none of the above.

Quanto couldn't impress me .I finally decided to vote in favour of the premium hatch.
Quanto is neither in hatchback segment nor in sedan segment.

Coming back to the topic as the premium hot hatch Jazz is stopped. it is a wise decision to move towards a sedan, probably Amaze or Dzire.

Last edited:
I 20, punto , sail uva,are still there, if segregated boot and large boot space are not the requirements is then these little big premium hatches are good options.

Top Bottom