Yokohama To Build New $53 Million Tyre Plant in India

Re: Yokohama to build new $53mln tire plant in India

Next time please try to post a gist or your own opinion rather than just posting a link to another automotive site.
Thanks.

AMG

Suspended
Yokohama will commence limited tyre production in India

Come this November, Yokohama India will start it’s first manufacturing plant in the country. The aim is to start limited production of their Earth 1 and S Drive tyres at the plant which is based in Haryana. After investing over Rs. 300 crore, Yokohama’s new plant will be capable of producing 7,20,000 tyres per year. The new plant will see Yokohama manufacturing two different types of tyres; the Earth 1 series will be made keeping comfort in mind, whereas the S Drive series will be more focused on the driving front and will give a sportier ride.

The Earth 1 series will be manufactured in three different versions; namely, 13, 14 and 15-inch sizes. The S Drive on the other hand will be available in 14 and 15-inch variants. The Earth 1 tyres are primarily designed keeping prevailing Indian road conditions in mind, hence will provide optimum comfort on rough roads and a quiet ride on the smoother patches of tarmac. The S Drive will be made keeping grip levels and performance of the vehicle in mind.

Source : Motoroids and Autocar India

Haryana gets a more polluting company. Good for one way and bad for the environment.

Anyways, once this becomes fully operational and starts producing = indian buyers tend to buy more of yokohamas if priced competetively. But when I researched for my Apollo Aceleres three years ago, I heard most of them in the market saying that Yokohama's rubber is not of that high quality as Apollos or MRFs.

Any opinions on this?

Top Bottom