Yeti: Skoda's “Yet” Another Chance In India

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
The design is not very bold which a typical SUV buyer would expect but considering for regular purposes in the city, Yeti comes out at as a good car, offering as much luxury as of a sedan and capability of an SUV. And most importantly, I'm glad that Skoda didn't messed up with the pricing like what Hyundai did with Santa-Fe. Posting some pics of the launch, by IAB.

Skoda-Yeti-India-17.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-India-21.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-India-3.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-India-6.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-India-7.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-India-8.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well Arkin was in Chennai today and we checked out the Yeti together! He has the pictures and i hope he will upload it here soon.

Meanwhile i will give some of my observations , Looks nothing impressive according to me. Its not an SUV i agree but in real it doesn even look like a soft-roader like CRV , its even smaller than CRV! Its just looking like an overgrown Fabia according to me! But build quality is amazing , typical of all Skoda's , tank like build! The doors shut with a loud thud! Shut the doors and the cabin is real silent!

Interior quality is top-notch , all buttons have a built to last long feel! Fit and finish quality is also good. The leather upholstery was also really good. I was able to find a comfortable seating position easily but it gave a feeling like i was just driving another Hatch. No commanding view position that is typical of all SUV'S! Back seats are also good but tall people like me will not feel comfortable. Back seats get an individual headrest of all. Boot is nothing big , just slightly bigger than Fabia.

So Yeti is a strict 5-seater which can be easy to drive in the city and will be a good performer in highways. Go for this if you are impressed with the tech savvy features and SUV like presence , else the Laura can be a better option!

I checked out the Yeti yest. Vinayak cars- Bangalore.

Beautiful cute little SUV- Feature packed for sure. Top notch fit and finish. The Sales consultant claims a top speed of 200 Km/hr. With the kerb weight that the Yeti has its possible. I loved the huge fog lamps in the front. It turns as the vehicle turns. No automatic is a concern. Female drivers would love the car for sure :).

5- Seater is the major concern. Alloys look beautiful. Switches quality by far the best.Engine is a very smooth one. 140 PS is just little too much :)......

My only concern is that - it doesn't lure a normal SUV lover as me . I love the bulky SUV styling.

Over all a very nice package. A no from me (I'm a die hard fan of the bigger SUV). But people who love Sedans or a hatch-back would always love this cute little SUV.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Even though many of us are complaining about the small size of Yeti, but maybe we are forgetting that even the Maruti Grand Vitara (which is labelled as an SUV too) has almost similar dimensions. More than that, Skoda does not want to brand this car as a rugged off-roader, but rather a daily lifestyle utility vehicle. Therefore, considering same, these dimensions of Yeti are totally justified. As far as the looks are concerned, I like them pretty much, and the interiors carry a rich and an elegant feel, typically like any other Skoda. The pricing indicates that Skoda Auto has actually shown intent to seriously work in the Indian market, but until the stain of weak after sales network clears out, let us wait and watch how the things go on.

LOL, in the pics, why have they covered the car when you can clearly see it in the poster beside?!!
Maybe just to follow the trend of a usual launch. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i think after TATA Sierra this is the next diesel five-seater SUV here for us.

Agree with your points 350Z. More than the exteriors , i loved the interiors!

but dhaya if compare against price of Sierra and yeti its 10L difference . if this was under 10L price tag then we can say ok . But at 15L you get small SUV makes us that it is not VFM IMO .

Still it great car let see what happens

Exactly that's what our Indian mindset is! As the car's price increases the car's size should also increase! This is the reason why many Indians are crazy about SUV'S!

My dad is just like my above mentioned lines! When i suggested Jetta as our next car , he said that its looking just like your Verna( in terms of size) why should i pay 19Lakhs for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom