Yeti: Skoda's “Yet” Another Chance In India

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a full size SUV for Skoda.

But according to industry standards, Yeti is an Compact SUV.

And a compact SUV can be a offroader too !

I second this. Skoda Yeti can not be called as an SUV. Skoda categories this as a five-door five-seater mini SUV. As Zinam rightly mentioned, looks are highly subjective and every one will be impressed. Skoda Yeti has been awarded a 5-star safety rating by the Euro NCAP. t scored an impressive 92% adult occupant protection in the frontal and side crash tests, 78% child occupant protection and 46% in the pedestrian safety test and scored 71% in the Safety Assist equipments. What is really amazing in Europe market is that It can be ordered with up to 11 Airbags (dual front, front side torso, rear side torso, front and rear side curtain, and driver's knee airbag) :eek:

And i bet the Indian models wont have this even as optional![frustration]
Exactly. When it comes to safety, Indians have to compromise. The reason being, people here want cheaper options and not many are inclined towards safety features. So the chances of so many airbags coming with Skoda Yeti are fewer.

350Z

Core Team
Today, Mr. Thomas Kuehl (Director Sales & Marketing) Skoda Auto has confirmed that Yeti is launching under 4 weeks in India. Let the wait for another model now begin!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #53
Great catch Arkin. Looks like the Yeti launch is round the corner.
Yeti is coming by next month buddy. and i think now theres no need of spyshots..skoda was on yeti tour in whole country before its launch!!

Yeti is coming by next month buddy. and i think now theres no need of spyshots..skoda was on yeti tour in whole country before its launch!!
Yes Umang. We have seen it so many times from the Autoshow in delhi to the tour over india.

350Z

Core Team
Yeti’s launch is just around the corner, in fact only a couple of days after. Skoda India is going to officially launch the much-much awaited Yeti on 15th November 2010. Skoda Yeti is targeting as an urban SUV which is powered by 2 Liter engine with power and torque figures of 140 BHP and 320 NM respectively. The car will come equipped with 6-speed manual transmission; along with a few of the most interesting features around. Pricing however remains a mystery which soon won’t be so anymore.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
My guess is it would be between 15-18Lakhs. If anything more than this i doubt its success.
Your guess is right. The Czech car maker has today officially launched the Yeti SUV in India, starting at Rs.15.4 Lakhs for Ambiente and Rs.16.62 Lakhs for the feature-laden Elegance variant (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). Both the variants are offered exclusively with a six-speed manual gearbox, mated with the 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine which makes 140BHP @ 4200RPM, and ARAI certified fuel efficiency figure is claimed to be 17.67 kmpl. More details on the official website: Skoda

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image6.jpg

image5.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yay![clap]

But i find the Yeti a little too boxy and not much appealing! A person spending so much for a car will also like the car to look good. So Yeti not to my taste!

The FE is really impressive though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom