Yeti: Skoda's “Yet” Another Chance In India

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
Skoda Yeti at Hyderabad International Show

Skoda Auto India, displayed its much awaited SUV; Skoda Yeti for the first time in Hyderabad at the Hyderabad International Auto Show 2010. The highly agile Yeti is compact, attractively styled with excellent handling characteristics and is bound to create a stir in this segment with the potential of having a cult following. The 4×4 variants are also characterized by outstanding off-road capability and excellent traction. These, coupled with superb emission values and low fuel consumption meet the needs of a socially acceptable SUV.

(Left to Right) Mr.Yashwant Jhabakh, CEO Mahavir Motors, Mr. Ashutosh Dixit, Senior General Manager - Sales and Marketing, SkodaAuto India & Mr. Prasav Jhabakh, COO, Mahavir Motors at Hyderabad Auto Show

HIAS TAI.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
This Yeti is not as small as you might be thinking and it can at least be compared with Suzuki Vitara. All we are doubtful about is the pricing, If this car is placed competitively amongst the rivals, chances are that it can do fairly well in the market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Finally, The Yeti is now just around the corner. Skoda India has told that car would be available for display from September and official launch will take place in October 2010. The colors include Candy White, Mato Brown, Magic Black, Diamond Silver, Aqua Blue and booking is already open with amount of Rs.50,000. Actual price of Yeti? Still a question mark but rumors indicate somewhere in the range of Rs.17 Lakhs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The colors include Candy White, Mato Brown, Magic Black, Diamond Silver, Aqua Blue and booking is already open with amount of Rs.50,000. Actual price of Yeti? Still a question mark but rumors indicate somewhere in the range of Rs.17 Lakhs.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I wonder how people are booking the car without having a td or knowing the exact cost of the car.

Guys, I also inquired about the Yeti at the Skoda dealership, and the salesman gave me some pretty solid details. He told me that the car is coming by the end of this month or the first week of September (that's confirmed now) and it will be available with only [B}one engine option[/B] (the 140 BHP diesel). The car will most probably be offered in three different trims (Classic, Ambiente and Elegance probably) and will be priced at around Rs.18-19 lakhs. He also specified that they are NOT going to compete with full-blown SUVs like the Endeavour or the Fortuner, but it will be positioned more as a lifestyle product, as has been the case with most Skoda products. Will try getting more details ASAP. (He also promised to give me a preview of the car soon [;)])

Last edited:
Yeah this car looks like it belongs to the 13-15Lakh segment , lacking the sophistication of an 18Lakh car!

The pricing is on par with Fortuner but still i feel the Fortuner will beat this easily overall!

For all your information, Skoda Yeti is not an SUV.

It will fall only in Compact / Mini SUV segment.

Price is really higher if its going to be even 17 lakhs.

Looks are absolutely unfavorable for an SUV & doesn't suits every one's style

Thread Starter #43
hey zinam yeti is full size SUV and capable of off roading too!! i think i read in autocar.uk website! but yea price is very higher side.

Hi Umang.

It may be a full size SUV for Skoda.

But according to industry standards, Yeti is an Compact SUV.

And a compact SUV can be a offroader too !

350Z

Core Team
Guys, I also inquired about the Yeti at the Skoda dealership, and the salesman gave me some pretty solid details. He told me that the car is coming by the end of this month or the first week of September (that's confirmed now) and it will be available with only [B}one engine option[/B] (the 140 BHP diesel). The car will most probably be offered in three different trims (Classic, Ambiente and Elegance probably) and will be priced at around Rs.18-19 lakhs. He also specified that they are NOT going to compete with full-blown SUVs like the Endeavour or the Fortuner, but it will be positioned more as a lifestyle product, as has been the case with most Skoda products. Will try getting more details ASAP. (He also promised to give me a preview of the car soon.
The other details which salesman provided are correct, but for the Price. It still can not be easily accepted. The launch day is not too far now, I’m quite eagerly waiting for Skoda to officially break the ice on this one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom