Yet another Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq Diesel ZXI Diamond White!

350Z

Core Team
Nice to know that you enjoyed the car and some useful points highlighted there, Shynish, if the mentioned mileage is from City drives, that’s fantastic. It’s time to get one soon for you too. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Shynish, congratulations to your sister and bro in law.You cant judge Figo unless you drive one.Perfect choice for their requirements.If you can share, what was on road price they paid, how much discount was given by the dealer, freebees.

Thread Starter #34
Okay! Its been so long I visited my own thread. Today Mukesh poked me on this, Thanks for the reminder buddy!

I have to say this, Ford Figo is one of the best VFM car you can buy as of today. We have faced absolutely ZERO issues in this last 2 years; except a recently developed one. The fuel economy was really good and being a diesel car we are using it extensively. The body is rigid enough for long drives and highways. Last month, to be precise on 23rd May 2012, I was in my car and was travelling from Bangalore to Calicut. My driver was clocking slighly above 140 KM/H and was really happy, though I asked to slow down. Next time I will click the snap, unfortunately I forgot. I feel, the maintenance of Figo is relatively expensive, and for every 10K kms, we are getting an average bill of 7K. Which says, it is not so cheap to maintain. As of today, our car has clocked slightly above 40K. I don't know the exact reading as the car in Calicut and I am in Bangalore now. But considering the rough usage (read my sister and bro-in-law) the car has performed outstanding. During the last trip, we started getting a stiffness on the steering wheel. Upon checking at Ford service, they said that the only way around is to change the steering column assembly. The cost will come around 22K. Luckily, the car is on extended warranty and it will cover this replacement. The only problem is that there is no ready stock and need to get it ordered. The time frame for this is around 2.5 weeks. This weekend we are going to change the steering column assembly. I will keep you guys updated with the status.

Top Bottom