Yet another Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq Diesel ZXI Diamond White!

350Z

Core Team
Now that’s one Figo which is looking beautiful in white. The tints and a decent set of alloys would surely make it complete. What other accessories are in pipeline?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
Yes, Tints and Alloys are already there in plan. The funny thing is my bro-in-law has to return to work (he is in merchant navy) exactly on the second day after Figo reached home. He will be back next month and subsequently will plan other accessories.

Thread Starter #23
No we got the confirmed number: 8010 and it is registered. Most of the RTOs in Kerala are computerized now. So status of the available numbers and open series info are available online. We booked this number and instantly got it. In fact I had to write a small application to pick the numbers which has certain digit sum in a given series. My sister was so lazy that she just gave me the series to pick the number. So I wrote a small application for that and send back to her to do that research job :-). If some one needs that tiny application, let me know. I will pass that to Vibohr to upload some where. It will come handy for those who believe in certain digit sum [:)]

Most of the RTOs in Kerala are computerized now. So status of the available numbers and open series info are available online.
This feature helped my friend once. He had an i10 and I saw the car only after 5-6 months. I noted down the number and checked it online.. Then I understood that he was running with an Auto's number. The morons at the showroom gave the number jumbled. Luckily, he was not caught with that number.

So I wrote a small application for that and send back to her to do that research job :-). If some one needs that tiny application, let me know. I will pass that to Vibohr to upload some where. It will come handy for those who believe in certain digit sum [:)]
I would like to have that application. Will PM you may mai id.

Congrats Shynish[clap]. Figo looks cool in White.

How is the performance? Do you feel any turbo lag?

Is there any color options for Seat Fabric, just like the dashboard?

Thread Starter #27
Yes, there is a small turbo lag in the beginning. I has asked my sister to check when exactly is Turbo kicking in. She felt the turbo lag and said that once it is above certain RPM, the pulling is amazing. I think, Figo has the power to weight advantage too.

There was no options available for seat colors. However, they were pushing hard for the red color dash board.[:D]

Check out the official RTO site for Kerala MVDKerala - Home

The design can be improved in many ways for sure. But at least this is a nice initiative as HolyTorque said. I really liked some of the features. For example: Vehicle Number tracker which gives you the owner address including the history. This is really good when some one is buying a used car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Regarding the Application: Please note that I have .NET Framework 3.5 installed and the app is compiled with the same. However, it is not using any of the latest features. So it should run with older version of framework too.

Regarding the Application: Please note that I have .NET Framework 3.5 installed and the app is compiled with the same. However, it is not using any of the latest features. So it should run with older version of framework too.
Just tried the application. Its pretty simple and could come handy while buying a new car. Thanks.

Thread Starter #30
Okay, now its the time for some user review! Since the car was purchased when I was out of India, I was quiet eager to get my hands on it at the earliest. Following are the key points I have observed:
  1. Class leading build quality. Ford has done a great job here. When you are inside, you will feel that 'solid' make !
  2. Plastic quality is impressive.
  3. The diesel engine is performing much better than what I had expected. 75bhp is not bad. The tuning is so good that you will feel Figo as a powerful car.
  4. The real power kicks in after you cross the 1500 - 1700 RPM. Till that point car may be slightly sluggish.
  5. Handling is where you feel the Ford qulity. Responsive steering and break makes the drive easy like a smoothy [:)]
  6. Impresive boot space
  7. Stock seat covers and mats are impressive too. I liked it.
  8. Impressive AC and in dash features.
  9. Bluetooth connectivity works perfectly!
  10. Ample leg room, especially rear.
  11. Trust me, the rear seat is comfortable for 3 adults!
  12. This is VFM car and excellent for both city and highway usage.
There is no wonder why Figo is making history in India. After all, we have to expect this from a proven Fiesta, isn't it?

Right now we are getting 17 km/l with AC. The ford service guy said that some cars are getting more than this. Crossing my finger on this [;)]

Top Bottom