Yet another Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq Diesel ZXI Diamond White!

Thread Starter #1
Probably some of you are aware that we have a Wagon-R which is mostly use by my sister. It was her second car (as she ended up in stage to sell her previous M800) and was there for more than 5 years now. I have to tell this again, Wagon R is really an awesome family car. As my nephew started his schools, he was traveling quiet a lot in the morning and evening. My bro-in-law is in merchant navy and hence will be at home every alternative months during which he drives a lot. Add to this, it was time to change tyres, insurance and to do some body dent works. The initial plan was to get a new Blue Eyed boy! Yes, I mean it, a WagonR again. However, considering everything we decided to go for a diesel hatch, which should be a VFM car. No wonder, we ended up with Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq Diesel ZXI!

Last couple of weeks was really tough for me, coordinating the test drives and showroom visits over the phone from here. She never liked Ford when i suggested. He was in love with i20 [;)]. But knowing her usage style, I was sort of discouraging her from that. For Swift Diesel, you have to wait for ages! Her hus didn't liked the rear design of Ritz. TATA Manza was also there on consideration, but was ruled out for its size. Then I had to force her and her Hus to go to the Ford showroom and test drive the Figo. Voila! Both of them were equally impressed by Figo. Since I was connected over the phone when there were doing the test drive (technology rocks!, I have a cheap GSM connection from one of the Mobile Virtual Network Operator), the decision to book Figo was done then and there. We opted for Diamond White color. I was little bit sad that they didn't opt for Titanium though.

Both my Sis & bro-in-law drove the car. Form the test drive: The Figo diesel Engine simply rocks. Its response is one of the top in its class. Interior is spacious with a big storage space under the hatch! That's what matters for ladies. We opted for balck interior as both of them didn't like the reddish dash board. Since the white color comes with this dash baord, we had to book our car and have to wait for 7 days! come on its just 7 days. We booked our car last Monday (12th Jul). Wed evening, my bro-in-law got a call form showroom confirming that the car will reach showroom by SAT and will be delivered the very next week! Finally:

Our Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq Diesel ZXI Diamond White will be delivered today (21st Jul) [thumbsup]

I will keep you guys updated with the latest news.

Last edited:
Wow, great news. Congos.
Waiting for pictures :)

I could see so many figos in chennai now. Its raining figos. [clap]

Thread Starter #6
Thank you all. Just got the updated from home: Car is gone for temp. registration and has returned to showroom with out getting it registered. The MVI is not in office due to some unexpected stuff [frustration] But will be retuning by 3 PM. Hopefully w will get the TP by evening. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a strike in Kerala (some thing related to fuel price). If that is there, delivery will be pushed to SAT. Otherwise we will take the delivery tomorrow.

350Z

Core Team
That’s pleasant news Shynish. It is quite certain why they finally went for Figo after checking the car inside out, in person. I’m sure, if it was not the Figo, then it had to be the Swift. And what did I hear? Another strike in Kerala as usual? Congratulations anyways, pictures are most awaited. Let the Figo owners welcome you to their group.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
That’s pleasant news Shynish. It is quite certain why they finally went for Figo after checking the car inside out, in person. I’m sure, if it was not the Figo, then it had to be the Swift. And what did I hear? Another strike in Kerala as usual? Congratulations anyways, pictures are most awaited. Let the Figo owners welcome you to their group.
Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes, 350Z. According to them, the interior is really impressive. Probably because we were using Wagon R for some time. It was roomy and a very practical car with style to some extend. She said that there are separate A/C went for rear. I have asked to take lot of pics and send to me ASAP.

So now both bro and sis have ditto cars? Congrats!
No buddy, I don't have a Figo yet. But future is not predictable at all. I will buy my new car in this Oct for sure. Punto & i20 are top in the order of my list with Figo & Swift following it [;)] Since I have some other investment plans as well, I will pick one among them depending on the then financial. But, I will not be surprised if I also go for the same [:D]

congrats shynish! if budget was not big factor they they could have gone for titanium but ZXi is also good. [:)] post some pics soon..

Thread Starter #11
Budget was not the concern as it is hardlt 30K difference. It was some of my bor-in-law's close (weird) friends who advised him Titanium is not necessary [;)]. I am also waiting for the pics. Will upload it soon.

Hey congrats Shynish , Figo is a good choice as its a diesel Hatch and VFM too! Am also waiting for the pictures.

OT: By seeing your avatar image i can see your heart is set on Punto![;)]

My dad is interested in the Figo 1.2 Titanum now, because it is 1.5 lakh Rs cheaper than his original budget!(and stills seems decent)

Top Bottom