Yayawar Arrives in Town!

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm Neeraj Sinha, aged 41, born & brought up at Samastipur (Bihar), studied at Samastipur, Hyderabad & Delhi (majorly). Aspired to be a lawyer who turned into a wannabe doctor, then a politician, then again a lawyer, but finally ended up becoming an IT Engineer! Strange? Indeed! Had been to places like Hyderabad, Kolkata, Varanasi, Gwalior, Gorakhpur and of course Delhi in relation to studies. Father was an officer in railways and hence traveled a lot, especially to South India in childhood itself. Had seen the transition of locomotives in India from steam to diesel to electricity driven.

I'm a Manager in a French IT company at Noida and don't do coding stuff out of job requirement, but I still feel proud that I can code in almost any language over the web and it's one of my hobby.

I'm not much techy into automotives, although I drove my first vehicle, an LML NV Trident, in 1987 (was allowed to drive only in a huge railway stadium) that Papa procured. We still own that scooter and it still starts in a single kick. My knowledge about the engines and other things came from my eldest brother, who was an Engineer with IAF looking after Jaguars and then Mirage. He taught me how to open the carburetor, adjust the air and oil jets for the optimum performance and mileage.

First vehicle that I purchased on my own - Scorpio Lx CRDe November 2007 - the 2600 Cc beast which is still with me, and in good conditions! Although between the LML & Scorpio, have driven the old beauty bikes like Yejdi (the best thing I loved about it is the kick which doubled as the gear), Java (the double silencer thingie), Enfield Bullet 350 army owned & refurbished, Hero Honda CD100, Yamaha RX 100 and a Kinetic Safari, not to forget a Bajaj M80 on which I've clocked over 90kmps fully loaded (those were the days)! And indeed gifted an Enfield Bullet Electra 350 to my elder brother.

A strange thing about my rendezvous with my Scorpio is that I learned to drive it much after I purchased it! I didn't knew driving till about 7 months after I had purchased it, I was afraid that I would slam it somewhere. Then I started learning driving from my brother in wee hours of night which went on for about a month and then I could drive it on my own. By chance, didn't got leave approved in time to get the rail reservation for my hometown in 2008 and then one find day in October, I asked my wife if she was ready to risk her life with me visiting our native place on the Scorpio! Hardly having driven over 200kms in all, this was about a 2500kms drive and she agreed. And the rest is history! Visit to home on the Scorpio has become a bi-annual ritual now!

The drive ignited a passion and since then if I've been on a vehicle, it has been only on the driving seat. I can drive over 1200kms at a stretch or for about 20 hours continuous single-handedly. Have clocked Delhi-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi, shorties in and around Delhi like Mussoorie, Nainital, Mukteshwar, Agra etc. Did a Ladakh trip in 2013, Chanshal in 2014 and planning a North-East next year now. Of course I'm in love with The Himalayas!

I have been a responsible driver and my friends even hate for this as I'd not stop the car in the middle of the road to ask addresses, or to drop them off. My wife hates it when I'd not start the Scorpio until she has fastened the seat belt! However, I've not yet ever been caught for traffic rule violation or ever paid bribe for it. Have never met with accident although I tend to clock higher speeds when I'm on highways.

All the travels have ignited a passion whereby I just want to travel and travel.. searching for a job which can lead me to travel 24x7 and also facilitate upkeep of the family - Utopia? Hmm.. may be, but then living in such utopian dream is good. :) This has been the reason for choosing the ID.

Hope to learn a lot from you people and contribute in whatever way possible to encourage responsible tourism.

Cheers!

350Z

Core Team
I have been a responsible driver and my friends even hate for this as I'd not stop the car in the middle of the road to ask addresses, or to drop them off. My wife hates it when I'd not start the Scorpio until she has fastened the seat belt! However, I've not yet ever been caught for traffic rule violation or ever paid bribe for it. Have never met with accident although I tend to clock higher speeds when I'm on highways.
Welcome aboard! It's truly an honor to have someone like you with us on the forum. I'm sure we'll greatly benefit from your experiences. I'd look forward to your contribution in various discussions around. Please feel free to buzz me or any other member of our team anytime should you require any support on forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

WOW!!!!!! That's definitely a wonderful intro. Welcome to the family sir. Hope to see a lot of Travelogue from your side. do write your ownership reviews of your rides as well. Once again welcome aboard.

Top Bottom