Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i read this the other day [lol]

a guy was doing 200+ kmph and was stopped by the police. he was fined for 300 rupees , instead he gave 500 and told the officers to let me continue at this speed [lol] haha. and the officers were really [surprise]

Thread Starter #47

350Z

Core Team
Re: Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

a guy was doing 200+ kmph and was stopped by the police. he was fined for 300 rupees , instead he gave 500 and told the officers to let me continue at this speed
This reminds me of an incident about someone whom I know. Just for the sake of enjoyment, they paid some bucks to drive on expressway ahead of its inaugural in their Q7. But the fun short lived as soon as they encountered several farm animals. Heard there is no proper fencing at a few locations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

What a view ? Cant believe its possible in India ?
Impossible impossible and impossible in West Bengal .
Upgrading the NH 34 stared few years back , now all works stopped , even the repairing of the pre existing road portions are not done .

Guys,

Planning a drive on the Xpressway this Saturday on bikes. Me along with my office mates are planning a smooth and sane drive on the beautiful tarmac. Though we haven't decided for where we shall return but I'd hope we at-least go beyond the first toll. Keeping all essentials like tyre tube, foot pump, food, water, fully charged mobile. Do suggest if I should keep anything other than these in mind.

freakdude.

Taking my brio tomorrow to Agra. Plan to start at 7am and return same day.

Can you guys suggest any good eateries/ dhabas for breakfast along the Yamuna Expressway.

Taking my brio tomorrow to Agra. Plan to start at 7am and return same day.

Can you guys suggest any good eateries/ dhabas for breakfast along the Yamuna Expressway.
Good buddy !! this will help us when we go together again to Agra[clap]

Good buddy !! this will help us when we go together again to Agra[clap]
the expressway is awesome but concrete does make the journey noisy.

and yes do keep a day free when you come next [;)]

I wanted to experience YEW when I was driving down from Delhi to Agra in last February, but unfortunately MMI guided me through the old highway, and it was too late when I realized.

the expressway is awesome but concrete does make the journey noisy.

and yes do keep a day free when you come next [;)]
Yeah It must be similar kind of experience like the stretch on Mumbai-Pune expressway. Yeah Nitin I will keep a day free this time without fail as I am dreaming to see the TAJ since last 20 years[cry]

Yeah It must be similar kind of experience like the stretch on Mumbai-Pune expressway. Yeah Nitin I will keep a day free this time without fail as I am dreaming to see the TAJ since last 20 years[cry]
am sure in 2014 you will fulfill your dream. we TAI's will plan a mega meet in Agra on your next visit [cheers]

Thread Starter #57

350Z

Core Team

I travelled through Yamuna Expressway last week. It’s unarguably the best road in India I have driven on. Some observations:

> There’s only one fuel pump enroute. It’s very important to ensure that tank is full and spare wheel is intact.

> Similarly, I could spot only two food joints on entire stretch. They’re well-maintained and owned by Jaypee.

> Patrolling cars can be seen 24x7 in distance of a few kilometers across the route and are readily available for assistance.

> There are no street lights. So one has to totally rely on headlamps. Beware of villagers appearing all of sudden out of nowhere to cross the roads.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom