Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Re: Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

i've got a 300 sqm plot from yamuna expressway authority, hope premiums increase manifold now :p:

gotta plan a trip soon to agra in my brio :)
Oh !! great Nitin-Landlord on Yamuna expressway. Build a highway restaurant[clap].

Please take me too !! Agra during my next visit to Delhi. I have to see TAJ yet and I like Brio very much[:)]

I thought of asking Parul to take me to TAJ where she is getting her brand new Fortuner and promised me a drive on highway, but become little afraid when she said atleast she will drive at 150kmph[surprise]
I am fearful with such speeds !!

Oh !! great Nitin-Landlord on Yamuna expressway. Build a highway restaurant[clap].

Please take me too !! Agra during my next visit to Delhi. I have to see TAJ yet and I like Brio very much[:)]

I thought of asking Parul to take me to TAJ where she is getting her brand new Fortuner and promised me a drive on highway, but become little afraid when she said atleast she will drive at 150kmph[surprise]
I am fearful with such speeds !!
sure, lets do some turf hitting!!!

till 15th Aug, jaypee has announced no toll, gotta be a mad rush there since people love freebies and as we all know this expressway is world class. Even the GN expressway is awesome, i easily touched 160 with my palio during my earlier visits. At that time , expressway was being build, just waiting to hit the road soon.

Enjoy a quick video of Yamuna Expressway.
350Z
Very good arrangement for toll collection.

12 gates for one side. This should help to avoid long queue at toll gate.

{Crossing the toll gate is the biggest issue in heavy traffic sections of NH8 and NH4 and negates the time gained otherwise.}

A well designed and thoughtfully constructed highway and one of the best in India! The amount of toll collection is fine as long as they skew it down once they recover the initial construction costs, but that is most likely to happen in India, they keep recovering first and then keep earning [embarass]
On a side note, it would be great if NH4 receives at-least another additional track throughout as two tracks on one way of the highway is proving to be congested.

Thanks Vibhor for posting the beautiful pics of Expressway. This prompted me to take a halfway run on it after my office hours yesterday evening. "Awesome" would be too small a word to describe the drive on this new, well laid out , mostly empty expressway.

Very few exits are open as of now,hence one could see many cars taking a U turn and returning from left side.The restrooms after Toll plazas are functional but restaurants are yet to open. I was told they would also start opening after 16th August. Many of the cars were zipping away at 150kmph+ while most were running at around 110-120.The Ficus trees and other bushes planted on central verge are yet to grow , so one can expect glare of headlights from on coming vehicles at specific curves for at least an year.

I would suggest a meetup of Delhi NCR TAI members (including visiting members) and drive down on Yamuna expressway some fine morning. One can decide to drive all the way up to specific Toll plaza rest spots or even Mathura or Agra.

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team

Thanks Vibhor for posting the beautiful pics of Expressway. This prompted me to take a halfway run on it after my office hours yesterday evening. "Awesome" would be too small a word to describe the drive on this new, well laid out , mostly empty expressway.
Thanks for a quick review. Please do share some images if you have. Sure. This is a perfect location for petrolheads meet with Buddh Circuit just a few kms far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

guys i just have trip of Agra the expressway is really amazing just one word WOW...

guys i just have trip of Agra the expressway is really amazing just one word WOW...
That's great you got a chance to drive on the super Expressway. Would like to know bit more details about the expressway and your experience. Like how much time did it take you to reach Agra, how many fuel bunks are on the way etc etc.

Truly amazing Expressway. I have driven on Mumbai-Pune Expressway but this Yamuna expressway seem far better than it. IMO the toll rate is acceptable as far as they maintain the same quality as seen. Dont know if i can ever drive on this expressway. But top speed of 100Kmph is not one can expect. It should be much higher than this. All Delhiite must make most of this freebee till 15th August.

Hope you guys are enjoying the express highway.

As Varun said for such an highway 100kmph is very less and also the toll fee is very high.

Here are few of the Pics I managed to take of my second trip on Yamuna Expressway. I spent most of my Camera battery on shooting a building site beforehand and by the time I reached expressway , the battery konked off.[frustration] These pics are taken using my Mobile.

The roads are mostly concrete with small stretches (over bridges ,entry /exits) covered with tar. The lanes are well marked (reflective strips making it amply visible after dark) .Entrire stretch is 3+3 =six lane Expressway with extra lane on left for stranded vehicles or emergency stoppages. Further to the left before barricade is a lane wide mud/grass strip (for possible future widening option).The steel barricade is further protected by barbed wire fence on both side of expressway .The entire length of Expressway is duly marked with Signboards and SOS call points at regular intervals.

There are no plants or trees on middle divider or either embankments so it feels more flat , open and wider (than Noida –Greter Noida expressway). Once can see open fields , villages , clouds on horizon and rising/setting sun. Local villager (youngsters )can be seen sitting on sides enjoying the view and even helping stranded vehicles. One may not expect any intruders on such doubly fenced highway but the numerous stray dogs loitering (and dead) on the expressway are a sore point .They could cause sudden breaking and possible accidents to unsuspecting drivers. If it were only dogs it would have been easy , but there are certain stretches were it is well marked by Yamuna Expressway Authority to expect Neel Gais ( Neel Gai sambhavit kshetr). So guys drive cautiously all the time.

Talking about speed and lane discipline on expressway , a lot requires to be taught to general public (sometimes the hard way too) . Very rarely one saw anyone giving indicators while changing lanes. Driving above speed limit (100kmph for cars) was a common sight what with a few zooming off at 150+ speed .One could spot many SUVs and roadsters besides the regular hatches and sedans. Many Nanos kept steady pace at 100.People were found overtaking from left and even left most lane. It would be worthwhile for Expressway officials to strictly monitor to counsel and fine such offenders at the very next Toll plaza.

Toll Plaza officials and guards are very helpful and guide wherever required. The real sight of Queuing manners and jumping it would be seen after Toll starts being collected after 15th August. Rest spots just after every Toll Plaza are wide and have spacious parking with easy exit and re-entry from Highway. There are separate rest rooms for men and women with ample stall but were not found well maintained during both trips in three days. The floors were all wet and no liquid soap in dispensers in hand wash area.

Hope to see lots of improvement as both users and authorities learn from experience.

Attachments

Thread Starter #28

350Z

Core Team

Here are few of the Pics I managed to take of my second trip on Yamuna Expressway.
Thanks for a fantastic coverage. +1 reputation points for that.

One may not expect any intruders on such doubly fenced highway but the numerous stray dogs loitering (and dead) on the expressway are a sore point .They could cause sudden breaking and possible accidents to unsuspecting drivers. If it were only dogs it would have been easy, but there are certain stretches were it is well marked by Yamuna Expressway Authority to expect Neel Gais ( Neel Gai sambhavit kshetr). So guys drive cautiously all the time.
It is a common sight on the Haridwar stretch too. Very pity. It seems Yamuna Expressway is yet another Indian road where one should expect the unexpected.

Very rarely one saw anyone giving indicators while changing lanes. Driving above speed limit (100kmph for cars) was a common sight what with a few zooming off at 150+ speed .One could spot many SUVs and roadsters besides the regular hatches and sedans. Many Nanos kept steady pace at 100.People were found overtaking from left and even left most lane. It would be worthwhile for Expressway officials to strictly monitor to counsel and fine such offenders at the very next Toll plaza.
so the very first accident happened.
I hope people understand that it is still a highway and not a racetrack. Drivers pushing their cars and themselves more than the limit would be a common sight here. For that reason, I believe 100 Kmph is an acceptable speed limit unlike in developed foreign countries where the driving sense is much more than in comparison to India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@allhyundaicars, Accidents keep happening on this expressway but aren't reported like this one. My friend and his buddies saw an overturned wagon R last day and helped to set it right and get the occupants out of it. I personally saw a car freshly hit on the central verge (fumes bellowing out of its engine and damaged front bumper) last night. Tyre skid marks are common sight on the expressway.

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
Heading to Yamuna Expressway? Make sure your ride has sufficient fuel. An article from Times of India (Link).

A Noida resident found out the hard way on Friday, when he and his family had to sweat in the sun for three hours after they ran out of fuel on the expressway. Calling the toll number and even pleading with a patrol vehicle was of no help, he claimed. Finally, Yadav had to call up a friend in Mathura and ask him to bring some fuel for his vehicle.

'I called e-way operator thrice but no help came'

"I was very excited about the prospect of driving my Toyota Fortuner on the Yamuna E-way. But the trauma we went through after my SUV ran out of fuel has given me a fever and I've been bedridden ever since," said Naresh Yadav. Yadav, a property dealer and developer, said his family planned to visit Mathura via the expressway. "We left Noida in the morning and reached Mathura around 10am. After spending two hours in the holy city, we started our journey back around noon. On reaching the Mathura toll plaza, I asked where I could refuel. The toll collector suggested we move onward towards Jewar for refueling," said Yadav.

But the SUV ran out of fuel just a few kilometres from the Mathura toll gates, he said. "We called up the toll numbers of the expressway operator thrice, but they refused to help. Around 1.15pm, we spotted an expressway patrol vehicle. Its personnel too refused to help and merely asked us to park the vehicle on one side," Yadav added. "We had a terrible time waiting for hours in the sun. There is not even a shaded spot along the road. And there are only three toilets on 165km expressway - at each toll station," he said.

When the expressway opened earlier this month, operator Jaypee Group had said fueling services through tankers would soon be available on the road, built at a cost of Rs 12,839 crore. "We cannot cater to each and every vehicle on Yamuna Expressway. In emergency cases, we give a little fuel so that the commuter reaches the nearest fuel station. But commuters should check their fuel tank and tyres before entering the expressway," said a senior Jaypee official.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom