Yamaha R15 v2 Special Edition: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Second Service Update @ 2718 kms

SERVICE DETAILS:
Engine oil – changed
Engine Oil filter – changed
Air filter – changes at 12000 km
Drive Chain – Adjusted and lubricated with a special lubrication.
Coolant – checked the coolant level
Rest – They took apart the entire bike and checked/lubricated (wherever it was necessary) and put it back together in 1 hour.
Also checked if there were any kind of leakage in the bike (engine oil, coolant, front fork etc)

Total Bill - Rs 792

Bike is running great without any niggles and problems and driving it is always a wonderful experience. Bike just glides on roads and on potholes as well until and unless they are really big ones. So far it has been a wonderful ownership experience and KUDOS to Yamaha for bringing such a kick ass bike[clap].

Thread Starter #63
Second service at 2718km? isn't that too early for 2nd service?
Second service was due in 100 days or 3000 kms.

And secondly my brother was in Faridabad (This is the Place where we bought the bike) so he went ahead and got the service done and next day he went back to Moradabad (our hometown) and by then he almost completed 2900 kms.

Also i think Yamaha has quicker service intervals comparing to other bikes in the segment. And maybe that's why they give 6 free services, whereas other's have 3 free services (correct me if i am wrong).

Last edited:
Also i think Yamaha has quicker service intervals comparing to other bikes in the segment. And maybe that's why they give 6 free services, whereas other's have 3 free services (correct me if i am wrong).
My Avenger came with a 6 free service coupon but again it's more than 8 year old story so thing's might have changed off late, but my point was when they say it's free service it has to completely free they should not even charge you the labour fee, correct me if i am wrong

Thread Starter #65
My Avenger came with a 6 free service coupon but again it's more than 8 year old story so thing's might have changed off late, but my point was when they say it's free service it has to completely free they should not even charge you the labour fee, correct me if i am wrong
Yes you are right that when it's called a free service then why do we pay BUT buddy The general service is offered free but you are in need to pay for certain material like:
Engine Oil
Engine Oil filter
Coolant
Chain Lube (some dealers charge and some might do that for free as well)

Also when we were in the buying process my brother went to the Bajaj dealership and the guy said that the bike (180 and 200) comes with 3 free services.

Thread Starter #67
does yamaha R15 is heavier to ride then pulsar 150???
Yamaha R15 v2 is 7kgs lighter than pulsar 150, so i guess yes it does feel light. I am yet to ride it since i am in US right now.

Are you looking to buy one? If yes what are the other options you looking at and what's your budget?

Yah i am looking to book for r15 soon..may be in a couple of week so...i havnt did test ride yet...till now i ride only 125 cc bikes...also i am not that much built guy...so i am looking for bike which is smooth to ride...does r15 causes too much of wrist pain??

Thread Starter #69
Yah i am looking to book for r15 soon..may be in a couple of week so...i havnt did test ride yet...till now i ride only 125 cc bikes...also i am not that much built guy...so i am looking for bike which is smooth to ride...does r15 causes too much of wrist pain??
Take a TD first buddy and you wont like any other bike in the segment once you TD r15v2[;)]
Trust me buddy if you go for r15 v2 you will not regret your decision, gives you immense confidence due to perfect braking system and the riding position is very well sporty and initially my brother had a little bit pain in wrist since he drove it for 180 kms straight but that was only for the first time.

After that he never complained about wrist pain. And he has done the same trip around 7-8 times after that.

BTW: Which color are you interested in, if you go for r15.

I am not sure which colore i will go for it...but i liked sunset red...later thought like better i will go for limited edition....which one u sujjest?? by the way how much u paid for that helmet

Thread Starter #71
I am not sure which colore i will go for it...but i liked sunset red...later thought like better i will go for limited edition....which one u sujjest?? by the way how much u paid for that helmet
I personally liked the Limited edition (white) which is not that common color. But you need to check with your dealer if they have the limited edition available or not. Since yamaha only manufactured some 4000 limited editions.

And that helmet was around 2000.
Vega Boolean.

I personally liked the Limited edition (white) which is not that common color. But you need to check with your dealer if they have the limited edition available or not. Since yamaha only manufactured some 4000 limited editions.

And that helmet was around 2000.
Vega Boolean.
Your bike's colour combination is the best one for the R15 in my opinion too. It makes the bike look bigger, is a safe colour as other motorists can spot you easy. And some people tend to think its an R6.[;)]

Thread Starter #73
Your bike's colour combination is the best one for the R15 in my opinion too. It makes the bike look bigger, is a safe colour as other motorists can spot you easy. And some people tend to think its an R6.[;)]
Yes buddy it does make it look bigger, I used to think that it's only me who thinks that way[:)]

And white is easily spotted at dark and reflects as well as compared to other colors.

And the best part about this color is that it stands out and looks different when you take it out for a ride.

yah i checkd most of the dealers in bangalore...evryone promised me like they can deliver limited edition within a week. I am still in dilemma like whther to go for FZ-s which f worth 86k or to go for r15 which is very high priced as 1.35L

Thread Starter #75
That's good if they can provide you the bike within a week.

Now regarding choosing which bike I would say both the bikes are different.

Let me try putting some points which differentiate both the bike:
With r15 v2 you get more power in terms of PS and Torque.
Better handling and performance.
Braking system is just amazing and gives you immense confidence on road.
R15v2 has more sporty look as compared to FZs and it looks like R1
You get disc brakes on both front and rear tire
R15v2 is lighter than the FZs

FZs is better suited for 2 people as compared to r15
Is priced lower than the r15 but then it losses quite a few things as well
I guess the FE of FZs would be 1-3 Kms higher than the r15

I would say if you have budget than don't think of anything else and just go for it buddy and trust me you will always be happy with your decision.

Even i was looking for a P220 and my budget was around 80-90K earlier. But after taking the TD of r15 we didn't think much and went ahead with it. It was that good for us. And i guess i did make a good choice. Our bike is reaching almost 3000 kms and so far not even a single niggle (touchwood) and everytime my brother takes the bike for a spin, there are 100 heads turned into the direction our R15 v2 zipss.

BTW: did you take TD of both the bike?
If yes than what was your initial impression about them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom