Yamaha R15 v2 Special Edition: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
The rear number plate mount looks pretty cool and sporty.

SDC10266.jpg

Check out the Yamaha stickers and graphics on the bike. I personally like the ones on the head and underbelly.

SDC10285.jpg

SDC10311.jpg

SDC10312.jpg

SDC10313.jpg

Check the YAMALUBE stickers on both sides at the rear end.
SDC10314.jpg

SDC10315.jpg

This where she will rest when not in use.
SDC10330.jpg

Thread Starter #17
That's the radiator and the radiator cap.

SDC10275.jpg

SDC10281.jpg

Check out the side fairings and the air scoops. The Engine belly is separate from the side fairings and not attached.

SDC10291.jpg

SDC10292.jpg

SDC10309.jpg

SDC10310.jpg

Thread Starter #18
The new aluminium swing arm
SDC10248.jpg

SDC10249.jpg

SDC10269.jpg

The rear mono suspensions
SDC10259.jpg

Rear disc brakes
SDC10260.jpg

Front disc brakes
SDC10261.jpg

The R15 monogram on the exhaust looks pretty cool and elegant.
SDC10299.jpg

SDC10300.jpg

Thread Starter #20
That's the instrument cluster and the it does a check/test run when you turn on the ignition.

And the plastic quality is good as well. No parts or switches look like a cheap plastic part.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
That's the tank pad which comes with the bike and has RACING embedded on it. pretty good quality.
SDC10254.jpg

The black strips and and that red patch looks pretty cool on the tank. Also you can see the 50th anniversary tag on the tank.
SDC10307.jpg

The rider seat is inclined thus making the riding position too sporty. Since the rider seat is inclined you keep sliding on to the tank. This is where the tank pad comes into picture and avoids and blemishes or scratches on the tank.
SDC10251.jpg

SDC10305.jpg

SDC10306.jpg

The visor is lightly tinted black. And you can see Yamaha stickers on the head. These stickers only come in the limited version.
SDC10271.jpg

Key latch to open the storage unit.
SDC10296.jpg

Yamaha logo on the rear end of the bike. In limited version all the logos are in gold color.
SDC10304.jpg

@Singh:Ha ha,a lot of pics and all are great.It looks like you gave a torture to your 'all-time-drowsy' brother to first click so much pics and then mail them to you!![lol]
But I am more happy to see you posting the pics,we are happy seeing the pics but what about the poor owner who himself is contending himself seeing the pics of his brand new bike??
Now one line to make me smile out of my jealousy-"Okay,the bike may look sporty,but it has no 220cc engine"!![:D]

And yes,on the tank pad part:
It not only saves the tank from scratches,but may offer an another utility too.After riding Pulsar for 4 years(200 and 220)I found this innovative usage.
Suppose any guy is doing tripling on a bike,which of course we Indian guys just love when friends are around(all three or even four or even five on a bike-I also had been a quad expert)then if by any chance front brake is to be applied very hard then the guys from pillion come come sliding at the rider and make him slide further towards the tank that also quickly.And when the rider collides with the tank then arises the real,in fact biggest of all problems!![;)]
I hope you got my point..

BTW,any plans for something like this:-
1.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
@Singh:Ha ha,a lot of pics and all are great.It looks like you gave a torture to your 'all-time-drowsy' brother to first click so much pics and then mail them to you!![lol]
But I am more happy to see you posting the pics,we are happy seeing the pics but what about the poor owner who himself is contending himself seeing the pics of his brand new bike??
I am glad you liked the pictures. Actually my brother was not able to click the pictures as it was raining from the day we took the delivery. And when he went back home (Moradabad) the bike was dirty. So he washed the bike first and then clicked the pictures. Infact he enjoyed taking the pictures.
And yes you can't imagine how eager i am to go back home and ride the bike.

Now one line to make me smile out of my jealousy-"Okay,the bike may look sporty,but it has no 220cc engine"!![:D]
Well i'll give you that point. Since it was our second choice. But looking at the overall package and especially the looks and handling of the bike, i guess i win.Hahaha

And yes,on the tank pad part:
It not only saves the tank from scratches,but may offer an another utility too.After riding Pulsar for 4 years(200 and 220)I found this innovative usage.
Suppose any guy is doing tripling on a bike,which of course we Indian guys just love when friends are around(all three or even four or even five on a bike-I also had been a quad expert)then if by any chance front brake is to be applied very hard then the guys from pillion come come sliding at the rider and make him slide further towards the tank that also quickly.And when the rider collides with the tank then arises the real,in fact biggest of all problems!![;)]
I hope you got my point..
Oh yes completely and i do get your point here. But with the R15 v2 i don't think you can do tripling because of the split seats.

As of right now i won't do any modifications. Wanna keep it in stock condition, but yes down the line, i will.
But it definitely looks cool. what kind of ligths are those and how much will they cost?

Last edited:
All the pics are super cool buddy. But the turning signal lights should have been integrated somewhere nearer to headlights. The turning lights have some what spolied the looks man (as per me). But this bike still rocks...

Thread Starter #27
I don't know how I missed this thread,

First of all Congrats buddy,
Thanks Buddy.

All the pics are super cool buddy. But the turning signal lights should have been integrated somewhere nearer to headlights. The turning lights have some what spolied the looks man (as per me). But this bike still rocks...
Thanks man. Actually i liked the indicators the way they are but yes looks are subjective.

Congratulations[clap]. The R15 version 2.0 is a great bike. I like the colour you've chosen, Its the best among the choices on offer in my opinion. And personally I like lighter colours on fast bikes from a safety point of view. Helps other motorists notice you better on the road.

And good review as well. Enjoy your time with the Yamaha[:)].

Top Bottom