Yamaha FZ25 - Knight Black

Thread Starter #16
Congratulations for your black knight. Wish you many more happy and trouble free miles with your steed.
Thanks bro.

BTW can you please tell why dint you consider dominar 400?
As per my observations these are the following which made be not to choose D400 -
-Bike has bad NVH
-Real Time Low FE and small tank (13L)
-Bike ergonomics is not suitable for my height [6ft 3"].
-Overall build quality.
-Bad attitude of SC. [My friend had a bad exp with his D400]
-Slightly expensive spare parts.

Hi Krishna,
For your reference my earlier bike was R15 V1.
I suggest you to wait till November for launch of TVS akula if you can.

Last edited:
As per my observations these are the following which made be not to choose D400 -
-Bike has bad NVH
-Real Time Low FE and small tank (13L)
-Bike ergonomics is not suitable for my height [6ft 3"].
-Overall build quality.
-Bad attitude of SC. [My friend had a bad exp with his D400]
-Slightly expensive spare parts.

I suggest you to wait till November for launch of TVS akula if you can.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Regarding Dominar i agree with your observations. Recently i took a TD of dominar and i felt the engine was buzzy. I was able to feel the vibration throughout the rev range. And the worst part is there is no bottom end. We need to rev the engine to get going.

I am also interested in Akula. Lets wait and see.

Thread Starter #20
Currently getting 36.4kmpl in aggressive style driving in city and 38-40kmpl on highway (90-110kmph).

Went to mandalpatti during previous weekend, bike handled the bad section extremely well.

Dealer installed Tank pad and skid plate which was included in free accessories list few weeks ago.

Attachments

Thread Starter #21
Completed 2000kms.

I noticed couple of issues with my bike,

1. Handlebar wobble after crossing 70kmph, no issue if going below that. I suspects an issue with tyre/cone set/stem bearing.

2. Sometime I feel bike is pulling towards left, possibly rear wheel alignment issue.

3. Headlight throw is useless as ever. Yamaha screwed up on this, seriously !!!!.

4. Mirrors has huge blind spot. So will be changing to rtr mirrors soon.

Thread Starter #22
As per some external source. Yamaha FZ25 has a complete sealed headlight, bulbs cannon be swapped with aftermarket ones.

Reason for poor light output is because of power of bulb and weak alternator (mentioned in xbhp ownership review). High beam is 12V 13.5W W5W and low beam is 12V 9W. Headlight assembly is manufactured by fiem industries.

Better late than never let me also congratulate you and yes even i have heard the same but they also told bulb is not replaceable in case if a bulb conks off you need to change the entire assembly don't know how much of this is true.

Thread Starter #24
Better late than never let me also congratulate you
Thanks
yes even i have heard the same but they also told bulb is not replaceable in case if a bulb conks off you need to change the entire assembly
Opening up headlight and replacing bulb is a easy job but one should take care while re-assembling it and when weather-proofing it.
The major issue is the weak alternator mention by a xbhp forum member. If this info is true then there is no use in just swapping headlight bulb, we have to replace alternator too to power up higher wattage bulbs.

Thread Starter #25
Motorcycle has completed 3000kms ODO. Went on a small trip maintaining an avg speed of 60kmph and got 43.18kmpl.

-Gears shifting became smooth over time.
-Engine vibrations will start to pop up only after crossing 5K rpm.
-Avg FE of 38.6kmpl in City traffic aggressive ride condition (Mysore)

Persisting issues-
-Headlight and console vibration.
-Ticking noise (tappets/lifters) is audible after an rash styled ride, but disappears after an overnight rest.
-Tyre hugger is petty useless.

Thread Starter #26
Second Service completed !!
ODO-4824kms
Cost - 832 INR (Oil+filter+cosumables)

Didn't opted for polishing, chain cleaning and lubing since I could do it myself and saved upto 500INR

Issues I had :
-Headlight vibration/shaking
-Handle bar shaking (a.k.a wobble of death) at 70+kmph

FE before service was 35.11kmpl with aggressive riding.

PS : Was getting around 39kmpl when filled at HP and sedated riding, with IOC and BP max i got was 36kmpl.

Completed 2000kms.

I noticed couple of issues with my bike,

1. Handlebar wobble after crossing 70kmph, no issue if going below that. I suspects an issue with tyre/cone set/stem bearing.

2. Sometime I feel bike is pulling towards left, possibly rear wheel alignment issue.

3. Headlight throw is useless as ever. Yamaha screwed up on this, seriously !!!!.

4. Mirrors has huge blind spot. So will be changing to rtr mirrors soon.

Hi all, i too have been facing the same issue, handlebar wobbling above 70kmph and bike tends to pull to a side.
Where you able to solve this issue @Krishna6239?

If yes please advice

Second Service completed !!
ODO-4824kms
Cost - 832 INR (Oil+filter+cosumables)

Didn't opted for polishing, chain cleaning and lubing since I could do it myself and saved upto 500INR

Issues I had :
-Headlight vibration/shaking
-Handle bar shaking (a.k.a wobble of death) at 70+kmph

FE before service was 35.11kmpl with aggressive riding.

PS : Was getting around 39kmpl when filled at HP and sedated riding, with IOC and BP max i got was 36kmpl.

Yes, bro, there is this wobbling effect with the handlebars. I went to the service center to check this issue. But they were not willing to check since it was found for all other bikes as well.
Now I directly called up the Engineer at area office said he would come the day after to check this issue. will update once i get this sorted.

where you able to sort this issue??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #29
Second service - update :
ODO - 5132km
FE was around 36kmpl, lot of aggressive riding in city. Bike became much more smoother and easier gear shifts (Clutch-less). There is some coin rattle after riding for a while at high speed but disappears after an overnight rest.

There is an ECU update for FZ25, kindly ask service engineer to check via diagnostics.

Previously bike used to pull from 110-120kmph easily, now it can pull upto 130kmph easily. My new top speed is 136kmph on ORR.

Regarding handle bar wobble :
Service engineer agreed that it's an issue and agreed to change handle bar holder (B97-F3441-00).

Last edited:
What is the cost of Entire Chain Set replacement? Also if you know the price of the Chain Cam Tensioner, Timing Chain, SHIM replacement (all 4) and to Service & Labour Charge to carry this Job at Yamaha Authorized ASC.

Last edited:

Top Bottom