Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Scooter Unveiled

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Fascino-125-Hybrid-2.jpg

Yamaha has unveiled a new version of the Fascino 125 automatic scooter. The Fascino 125 scooter is now offered with a Hybrid engine. Fascino 125 is the first automatic scooter in the country to get this technology. The Fascino 125 rivals the likes of the Honda Activa 125, Honda Grazia, Suzuki Access 125 and other 125cc automatic scooters sold in India. The Fascino 125 is likely to be slightly pricier than the Honda Activa 125.

Read

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yamaha announces Ex-showroom price for its new Fascino 125 FI Hybrid

India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt. Ltd. today announced the Ex-showroom price for its new Fascino 125 FI Hybrid model in India. The Disc Brake version of the model will be available at a price of Rs. 76,530 (Ex-Showroom Delhi) while the Drum Brake version of the model will be available at Rs. 70,000 (Ex-Showroom Delhi). The model will be available in the market by end of July 2021.

The new Fascino 125 FI Hybrid flaunts a Smart Motor Generator (SMG) System with added functionality that newly adopts the Hybrid System wherein the SMG functions as an electric motor to give a power assist when you accelerate from a stop, reducing the insecurity caused by the wobble during start-outs in tandem riding or during uphill climbs.

The Fascino 125 FI Hybrid, a stylish and fashionable model continues to be powered by a BS-VI compliant, air-cooled, fuel-injected (Fi), 125 cc blue core engine that produces a power output of 8.2 PS @ 6,500rpm and maximum torque of 10.3 N m @ 5,000rpm. Along with this, it also comes equipped with Side Stand Engine Cut off Switch which is a standard and mandatory feature for all Yamaha two wheelers in India.

The Disc Brake version of the model is available in Vivid Red Special, Matt Black Special, Cool Blue Metallic, Dark Matt Blue, Suave Copper, Yellow Cocktail, Cyan Blue, Vivid Red and Metallic Black. On the other hand, the Drum Brake version is available in Vivid Red, Cool Blue Metallic, Yellow Cocktail, Dark Matt Blue, Suave Copper, Cyan Blue, and Metallic Black.

The Disc Brake version is also equipped with Bluetooth enabled Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X app and gets LED Headlights, DRLs, LED Tail Light and Digital Instrumentation.
Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is this scooter 100 pct Hybrid because the scooter comes with a Smart Motor Generator (SMG) System, which only give a power assist when you accelerate from a stop. Otherwise, it perform like a petrol scooter only. Any different opinion/explanations?

In fact, I wanted to buy this sort of Hybrid scooter but now decided to go for an electric scooter.

Is this scooter 100 pct Hybrid because the scooter comes with a Smart Motor Generator (SMG) System, which only give a power assist when you accelerate from a stop. Otherwise, it perform like a petrol scooter only. Any different opinion/explanations?

In fact, I wanted to buy this sort of Hybrid scooter but now decided to go for an electric scooter.
Seems mild hybrid only where it helps to accelerate - link.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I came to know that this battery assistance works only for 3 seconds, which I think too low and we are not going to benefit much (company claims 16% savings of fuel).

Yes, I came to know that this battery assistance works only for 3 seconds, which I think too low and we are not going to benefit much (company claims 16% savings of fuel).
That's right, doesn't seem much beneficial. Which fully electric options you are exploring Nairji?

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
That's right, doesn't seem much beneficial. Which fully electric options you are exploring Nairji?
I have been comparing few electric scooters like Okinawa, Ampere, TES, TVS iCube, Hero Optima HX etc., but the problem is none of them have a showroom near my place. Nearest ones (Ampere, TES, Hero) have showrooms around 40 kms away from my home.

Besides above options, I have also booked OLA (by paying Rs.499) but not sure how they are going to do the deliveries and registration, etc. (because I heard that they were not going to appoint any dealership shops etc.).

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Cool. And did you try any test rides? If yes, how was the experience?
No, did not try any so far. We have minor lockdown like situation around these area, hence avoid going out for the time being (Automobile shops and showrooms are allowed to open only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Will try check couple of brands soon, once the situation eases out

Top Bottom