Yamaha Dealer Refusing Faulty Part Replacement

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
I bought a pair of R15 mirrors and FZ end weights for my yet-to-deliver Honda Dio on 03/10/2009 around 5:30 PM. After reaching home right-sided one was found to be broken. Called them back right away. The guy at counter diplomatically explained they cannot assure the condition of the product which comes well packed and they cannot do anything in this issue.

He asked to call after 5 mins and connected to some manager over there. He started off with a fight from the beginning stating it's only my fault not to open the package before accepting them. They don't let open the sealed pack before billing and once billed won't take them back. So there is no point saying the checking before delivery thing.

Then I gave phone to my friend. The manager had enough for the day [fag end of his shift] [evil].

By 6 PM they closed shop and next day was Sunday. So my friend threatened him to replace if by Monday morning.

I'm basically diplomatic in nature and was convinced by the first guys reply. So I didn't go for the Monday morning fight and simply complained to the Yamaha Customer Care who seems to be worse than dealer people. No followup from their side even after three days.

No signs of drop or transit damage on the package. So obviously It has happened before packing. And there is no broken glass pieces inside the cover. So the QA department purposefully packed the broken mirror.

Now the only option with me is to cover up the crack [in the left hand corner] and use them. That is okay with me, but others including my mom and dad are not letting me do so saying its bad omen viewing through broken glass and friends saying not to use broken stuff in brand new ride.

Either the customer care should respond before the delivery of my Dio or I would have to adjust with the broken mirror. I costed 251 bucks a piece almost 3 times the price of the normal one.

@deville: Try to send out a mail to this email address Customercare@yamaha-motor-india.com. I was unable to find a customer care email address in Yamaha website and got this address from a complaints forum.

same email ID I got from the mirror cover. Seems they are sleeping [:D] or dead [evil]
This is an eye opener for me that how Yamaha customer care would be... not just bcoz of the issue you are facing , its about the way customer care is being maintained by Yamaha India. They have a long way to go.

But my suggestion would be not to install the broken mirror in a new vehicle...i could understand your frustration on the waste of money but dont give your new baby a broken part [frustration]

Dont use a broken mirror. As ur parents say, its bad omen and moreover dont put broken mirror in brand new ride. You should have gone to Yamaha to see what they'll say.

Man if Yamaha ain't replacing them why you being such a Gentleman ?[shock]

Just go to them with someone elder or two three of you friends.

I wouldn't have left them.Raising voice always helps.This is really annoying.

When i had bought my new karizma the HH people had forgot to put a unit(its attached to the front break so that the brake light glow when the brakes are used).And when i took my bike to the first servicing & told them about the two free wires (the mech told me that there is a unit which fits here).And guess what the manager said to me that i must have sold the unit.Hearing that i was so out of control that i just started shouting at him (i was in half pants & almost half of his size & height) I was firing him like anything.All the mech's including the watchman etc were jus shocked.I immediately called my uncle and all & finally they apologized & fit that unit.

If i was in your place i just would not have tolerated it. Raise your voice man.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
Man if Yamaha ain't replacing them why you being such a Gentleman ?[shock]

I wouldn't have left them.Raising voice always helps.This is really annoying.

If i was in your place i just would not have tolerated it. Raise your voice man.
No it doesn't Neil. Maybe it works just fine here in Mumbai/Pune where you and the service guys are equally hotheaded!!Down South people are far more calm.Try one last time Dilip. If they don't agree give them a few broken glasses to deal with![evil]

P.S: I am not instigating violence.[lol!]

deville, not a good thing to hear from a brand new vehicle, raise voise, cause this is what dealers try to do, keep saying no no and blah blah and we gets convienced, if its their fault they have to get it fixed, raise voice, meet top personal of that dealership and cee what the response.

Yamaha's parts for Honda?! Anyone please explain.[confused]
Actually Deville is DIY Freak!

He will try to do things on his own & different from others.

I'm sorry for the incident!

But you should have bought it & checked it after billing it in front of them.

That would have definitely helped [thumbsup]

Top Bottom