XUV 500 Ownership Experience - The Rouge Dumanator

Thread Starter #1
The Name:
After lots of hair pulling I have decided the name of our XUV 5oo - The ROUGE DUMANATOR
"Rouge "means Red in French while "Duma" means the Cheetah in Swahili language.
And the Dumanator comes from the combination of "Duma" and "Dominator"

A little bit of background:
My fascination with automobiles in general and cars in particular goes long way back. I started driving cars from Class VIII, and that got me addicted to the taste /thrill of SPEED. However, our car being the base model of Maruti 800, sometimes made me feel bad when the big cars just zoomed past me on the highways. Still the 800 had clocked around 90k kms without any huge trouble in a period of 12 years, and now it was time for a change.

Cars Considered:
Since Dad would be the person Financing the car, so final approval was rest to him. But he himself was highly confused of whether to go for a Hatchback, or a Sedan or a SUV. So, after my research, I gave him the following Options to choose from -
1) Hatchback - Chevy BEAT
2) Sedan - Hyundai Verna Fludic or Ford Fiesta (global version). City was out of consideration since there is no Diesel option.
3) SUV - Tata Safari (It was Dad's personal favourite and I had no say) [also out of Budget:p]

We test drove all the above and found Verna to be our suitable choice. But it had a long waiting period, and the dealer didn't offer the end of season discount on the diesel version. By the time XUV was launched with a brilliant price offer, and I was hugely Impressed both by the looks and it's technical aspects. Tried to convince Dad with lots of Pics and video trailers but he wasn't impressed. Suddenly after the month of Feb, I guess Dad saw a XUV 5oo somewhere and also some colleague might have recommended the model to him. He called me up to know the engine capacity of XUV5oo, and as soon as I told him that It has a 2.2Ltr heart, with 140bhp of power, he said -"Book it". I was shocked, but had a huge Grin on my face since dad was going with my choice.
I further informed him that XUV is of high demand, and just recently the 2nd phase (in the month of February) lottery bookings has been closed, and we will have to wait till 3rd phase booking opens.
In the mean time, took a Test ride of the XUV, and was highly impressed on the performance department. To be honest, I had never driven such bigg car before and I was a bit skeptical before driving. However, never felt out of league right after engaging the 1st gear. To my luck, had to take the XUV over some bad roads since the main road was closed due to road repairment, and the ride was pretty smooth. About the looks, XUV really looks like a Beast from the front, and it looks much bigger and better in flesh than on pictures. However the side-rear 1/4th, and the whole rear section did not match up with the Front aggression. Would have loved something like a Fortuner or Santa-Fe kinda rear. The interior also looked smart, and the dashboard felt very posh with lots and lots of gadgets to play with. The lounge lighting, and the Instrument cluster were the Two things that completely bowled me over. More about the XUV in my review section.

Booking
I remained glued to the Net to get an info on the 3rd phase booking, and 8th June, 2012 it was opned. By that time saw all the video reviews on the net, and every one seems to be showering praises on this car. Took a half day leave from the office to get my booking done on 8th itself. Had a brief discussion with the representative, and he promised that altough the waiting is of 4months, but I can expect a Delivery Date from M&M via SMS within 1.5 weeks and actual Delivery within next two months, as they are the biggest dealer in Kolkata and Blah Blah ... Gave them 50k, and booked a XUV 5oo W6, Tuscan Red.

Waiting Period
Now this is where the experience got sore. Was more than a Month since the Booking, but still hadn't received the Delivery Date confirmation from M&M. After a few exchange of E-mails I got the Delivery Date as 6th January, 2013!!!
My young blood was boiling furiously, and decided to cancel off the booking and give the dealer a good piece of my mind for making Fake promises. However Dad suggested to take the matters cooly.
I joined TAI, and got some good suggestions and contact details from the members (a special Thanks to AMIT sir aka @IronRock and @Gurrala74). Some more e-mail exchanges as per those suggestions and to correct persons brought the Waiting down to November,2012. But suddenly this Month,I see a mail from the M&M Area Sales Manager, telling that your car has been dispatched from the Pune Factory, and will reach to the dealer within two weeks.

I would also hereby like to mention that The M&M ASM has been really helpfull during the mail exchanges, and updated / advised me whenever I was in Doubt.

Attachments

congrats on your acquisition.

do post how much you felt it as an upgrade to your current ride and some pictures too.

Great choice Shibadip. Congratulations !![clap]

The XUV5OO front looks so aggressive and butch in this shade. Do post some pics of the interiors. Wishing you many happy miles with your new ride !!

Dear Shibadip, Good start for your ownership review of your new XUV 500. Its like a suspense thriller movie. Good job. we expect more pictures with your good style of narration.
Thank you

Hearty Congratulations Shibadip, look forward to more pics and details - enjoy the ownership and be prepared to overcome some early minor niggles(i hope it does not occur but nevertheless )

Btw i fear for your kid - with the kind of complicated names you create i wonder what you will name your kid [:)] !

Congrats buddy after all your red beast came home [clap][clap][clap]. Follow the guidelines of iron rock please about the initial run in period please. More pics man please.

shuba nice initial write up and very interesting
it sounds like a start of a long journey with the beast
waiting for some red hot pics bro

Congratulations Shibadip for new monster XUV 5OO.
I just love the instrument cluster of XUV the way it looks back to you. Please post more pics and especially closer pics of instrument cluster.

Hey Shibdip !!

My hearty congratulations on your new RED beast !! I am overwhelmed as you got it much before what you were thinking about and I really wanted this to happen [:)]

If this SUV your first SUV in life, then I really expect a little different review explaining your initial feelings when you sat in that how do you felt and how it looked to you for first few kilometers !! you know I never owned an SUV till now, but I decided and wish that my next vehicle should be a SUV !!

I wish all the best to you, yeah take all the guidence from our IR who already experienced the in and outs of it and other members who are already driving it since quite some time !! take care of it and drive always in safe limits !![clap]

Thread Starter #13
Shibadip, A very good start up Waiting to hear more from you...
That was a good bunch of teaser too!!
Thanks Mr. Ash. Although unintentional, but looks like Providing teasers have been my signature. IronRock had already predicted this. You too will understand if you look at the Destiny's thread
congrats on your acquisition.
do post how much you felt it as an upgrade to your current ride and some pictures too.
Thanks Superbad.. Surely Pics are coming
Great choice Shibadip. Congratulations !
The XUV5OO front looks so aggressive and butch in this shade. Do post some pics of the interiors. Wishing you many happy miles with your new ride !!
Thanks manjoo. Your quote was the one of the main reason why I waited for the Red one so badly. The dealer was offering me to take delivery any day provided i was flexible with the colour. But I waited.

Dear Shibadip, Good start for your ownership review of your new XUV 500. Its like a suspense thriller movie. Good job. we expect more pictures with your good style of narration.
Thank you
Thanks to you, boss..
Suspense thriller movie.. Huh???? Hope this is not stamped as a Ram Gopal Verma movie[cry]

Hearty Congratulations Shibadip, look forward to more pics and details - enjoy the ownership and be prepared to overcome some early minor niggles(i hope it does not occur but nevertheless )

Btw i fear for your kid - with the kind of complicated names you create i wonder what you will name your kid !
Thanks IR.. Ya I'm prepared for minor niggles... But as TSI Vipul once said, the niggles also depends on how the driver drives and takes care of the car.

BTW, Destiny wasn't a Complicated name.. Was it?? Thought of a simpler name for the RD (Rouge Dumanator), but it wasn't going well with the stature of the XUV..

Am just 25. So kids not happening anytime soon. Even so, whenever it happens, then will give the responsibility of naming him/her to UNCLE A.M.I.T. [lol]

Congrats buddy after all your red beast came home . Follow the guidelines of iron rock please about the initial run in period please. More pics man please.
Thanks Raja..
It has been less than 1 week of the ownership, and have already bugged IronRock for clearing a doubt. The superhero was always there to rescue..
Congrats for the new XUV5oo

Not seen a red one so far.

Please post pictures.
Thanks autosafari.. Pics coming..
shuba nice initial write up and very interesting
it sounds like a start of a long journey with the beast
waiting for some red hot pics bro
Thanks 3AAAtripleseven for the praise and for my new name...

Congrats on your rouge dumanator bro !
Red cheetahs are very rare, Post some Pics please my dear !!!
Thsnks teamsachinf1..
Ya red ones are really rare. I'm still to see another red one other than the RD in kolkata..
Hope our PM declares some special subsidized diesel for these rare species...[clap]
Congratulations Shibadip for new monster XUV 5OO.
I just love the instrument cluster of XUV the way it looks back to you. Please post more pics and especially closer pics of instrument cluster.
Thanks Dharmesh.. Will post the pic of the Cluster at it's full glow.
Hey Shibdip !!

My hearty congratulations on your new RED beast !! I am overwhelmed as you got it much before what you were thinking about and I really wanted this to happen

If this SUV your first SUV in life, then I really expect a little different review explaining your initial feelings when you sat in that how do you felt and how it looked to you for first few kilometers !! you know I never owned an SUV till now, but I decided and wish that my next vehicle should be a SUV !!

I wish all the best to you, yeah take all the guidence from our IR who already experienced the in and outs of it and other members who are already driving it since quite some time !! take care of it and drive always in safe limits !!
Thank you sir..
Will include your suggestion in my Part II review..

Attaching another teaser of the RD along with My Destiny.. Full pictures of the RD will come up long with Part II Review.

Attachments

Top Bottom