Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO

3. What is done in EGR cleaning? i've never done that on any of the cars i've owned. Seems it requires a lot of Dismantling/ Unbolting to reach EGR?
I have Swift VDi and my SA insist me to do cleaning of EGR at 30K interval. What it does is improving Fuel efficiency by adding exhaust gas and also improving the emission of vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
ontent.

Anyways, Xoovy has done 80,000 kms now. No major issues to be reported thought it has a conked off LHS low beam bulb. Rest, the vehicle is taking the abuse pretty well and the cabin is fairly silent and free of rattles.

Oh yes, some part of the clutch was changed under warranty because it was close to failing. It was done at G3 motors and bill amount was zero.
1>The Default Blue Tinted Low beams have poor life. By Bulbs conked off at some 20k kMS AND now at 32k Kms. The replacement Osrams seem better now.
Here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-25.html#post431123

2> You were LUCKY to get the clutch pro-actively rectified. I had to suffer a breakdown away from home with Family onboard and ended up wasting time and money. A friend of Mine in Jalgaon also suffered the same. Perhaps Mahindra Maharashtra service is not as active.
Here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...detailed-review-decals-audio-led-mods-23.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-24.html#post429225

Hi All - My Xoooov is ready for its first service ( 5000kms), what are the things that i need to ask the folks in the service center to check apart from the usual checks that they have. any suggestions would be of great help in maintaining my xooov in good shape :-)

Excellent thread raj_5004.
Just wanted to know what is your take on a Fender mirror for the XUV5OO? Have you used them or have you seen any of them using it in a XUV5OO?

Thread Starter #291
Excellent thread raj_5004.
Just wanted to know what is your take on a Fender mirror for the XUV5OO? Have you used them or have you seen any of them using it in a XUV5OO?
Hi,

I have never used fender mirrors on the XUV.

Personally, I feel fender mirrors look good in brute SUVs like the Pajero, Fortuner, etc. They look like an overkill on crossovers like the XUV.

Hi,

I have never used fender mirrors on the XUV.

Personally, I feel fender mirrors look good in brute SUVs like the Pajero, Fortuner, etc. They look like an overkill on crossovers like the XUV.
Thats very correct, but on the other hand it may be very useful to judge the left front wheel and bumpers position while negotiating a tight space.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Can the Fender mirrors be simply Pasted on or Attatched with Magnet (or some other Non Obtrusive way?)

I've taken an oath to never drill on My thunderbolt!

Thread Starter #296
Can you tell me the difference between W6 and W8 version please as we are planning to buy an XUV in near future.
The difference is only in the features my friend. Important additions in the W8 over the W6 are -

• GPS navigation
  • Tyre pressure sensors
  • 4 additional airbags
  • ESP
  • Alloy wheels
  • Leather seats
  • Power foldable ORVMs

The difference is only in the features my friend. Important additions in the W8 over the W6 are -

• GPS navigation
  • Tyre pressure sensors
  • 4 additional airbags
  • ESP
  • Alloy wheels
  • Leather seats
  • Power foldable ORVMs
Thank you and the price difference between W6 and W8 is ₹2L right?And,considering Innova too.

Thread Starter #298
Thank you and the price difference between W6 and W8 is ₹2L right?And,considering Innova too.
Yes.

Innova is a good choice if you are primarily chauffeur driven. If you are, please opt for ones with bucket seats (captain seats) in the rear.

If you drive the car, then I would suggest the XUV.

Top Bottom