Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO

Thread Starter #61
Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO (Coming Soon)

I was told the same thing. If you have balance left to pay, you can see the dealer pulling all strings to make the delivery happen within the given time.
True. We have already paid for the car on 25th.

Then he started giving excuses that we can proceed for the RTO procedure only after the cover note reaches the yard and another two days for RTO approval.
This is not an excuse actually. Its true. RTO wont register your car without the insurance cover note.

This is not an excuse actually. Its true. RTO wont register your car without the insurance cover note.

no actually we did as we were told (date to decide the insurance) but then he gave an excuse that since the insurance was not done from the dealership there will be added "processing" time to complete the formalities.

Thread Starter #63

no actually we did as we were told (date to decide the insurance) but then he gave an excuse that since the insurance was not done from the dealership there will be added "processing" time to complete the formalities.
Yes.

Why he said that is because, when you opt for in-house insurance, it is easier for the sales executive to co-ordinate with the insurance executive sitting in his showroom. So when your papers are going for registration, he has the cover note made in-house by the insurance executive.

When he has to depend on the cover note from outside, that is, from your insurance company, it delays matters a bit.

However, if you had provided him with the insurance cover note long before the papers were ready for registration, then it is not your fault.

Yes.

Why he said that is because, when you opt for in-house insurance, it is easier for the sales executive to co-ordinate with the insurance executive sitting in his showroom. So when your papers are going for registration, he has the cover note made in-house by the insurance executive.

When he has to depend on the cover note from outside, that is, from your insurance company, it delays matters a bit.

However, if you had provided him with the insurance cover note long before the papers were ready for registration, then it is not your fault.
So Raj in our case , since my mom was an agent, she got the cover note faxed to the dealer, and we got the policy of the car in our hand, then we took the delivery of the car in the evening.
We could save some bundle on the insurance.
Tell your dealer to transfer the NCB from your Scorpio to the new car, NCB certificate is valid upto one year from the date of selling of your old car , if the vehicle is being purchased in the same name.

Thread Starter #65

Unfortunately we did not take the NCB certificate of our Scorpio. But this time, I will be taking the NCB certificate of my Punto.

Hello Raj Congrats for your upcoming New XUV 500! w8 means it is 4wd right?

Hello Raj Congrats for your upcoming New XUV 500! w8 means it is 4wd right?
W8 is a Top end variant in XUV, all XUV's are FWD.
W6-FWD, but with only 2 airbags for driver and co-driver, here display system is there for seeing climate temperature inside and out.
W8(AWD)-All wheel drive, not 4 WD , and W8(FWD)- Has 6 air bags, and infotainment with GPS.

W8 is a Top end variant in XUV, all XUV's are FWD.
W6-FWD, but with only 2 airbags for driver and co-driver, here display system is there for seeing climate temperature inside and out.
W8(AWD)-All wheel drive, not 4 WD , and W8(FWD)- Has 6 air bags, and infotainment with GPS.
Thanks for the info mukeshs I thought w6 is fwd and w8 is all wheel drive (4wd)[:D]

Thread Starter #70

4WD is an option in the W8 variant. W8 also comes in 2WD.

Unfortunately, M&M has closed bookings for the 4WD for some time, so it was not available to us.

Is there any particular reason for closing the bookings of AWD. IMO more people will be interested in AWD.

Is there any particular reason for closing the bookings of AWD. IMO more people will be interested in AWD.
bookings were high than expected for the AWD, they still are not able to complete the demand for the AWD from the first lot. so bookings are frozen for the AWD variant.

Yes.

That can be solved by emailing cover note to dealer I did same on day of delivery of my gypsy and I took delivery on Friday only . Most important I started searching for outside insurance on day of delivery and asked dealer email invoice to agent and agent emailed cover note and I took the delivery:)

Thread Starter #74

Xoovy comes home...

Yes, the Reg. number is a tribute to my Pintu!

DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg

Please excuse the picture quality, it was taken in a hurry. Dealership experience and initial impressions will follow soon.

@Raj

Many Congratulations on your New white Beast !![clap], Looking forward for a unique "Raj" mark ownership review and more beautiful pics of your Xoovy !![:)]

I think your signature needs to be changed immediately[;)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom