Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO

Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO (Coming Soon)

@Rajeev: I still didnt understand where will the reverse camera be fitted? Because on the bumper there are five paws like emboses. Where will you drill hole? On the boot?[shock]

And sorry to go OT; do you really feel that there isnt any issues regarding the tints? My Fluidic is roaming naked from nearly four months. I am thinking to go for 35%on sides and 50% on windshields.:suspect: Simple cheap garware once.
Or should I go for 50% all around?
Or 50%sides and 70% windshields?
Have you ever been pulled aside in your Punto for tints?
I live in chembur and everyday pass from chembur r t o were there are atleast 5-6 police standing I have extra dark tints not even once the pulled me for that . I have 3-4 xuvs near my complex and all are sporting dark tints from day 1 and they are still intact .
Your idea of going for cheap ones sounds great .
@ raj- don't you think that camera position can be a little problematic since bikers in Mumbai follow extremely disciplined driving ethics ? [frustration]

@Rajeev:

Quite an observation bro.
Thanks buddy. Thats because XUV was our second choice after Fluidic but dropped it because of parking issues and thought it will give less fe comparing to Verna(but verna isnt doing wonders any how[roll]) and some personal reasons.

You are right, normally M&M fits the rear camera as shown by RED circle in the pic below. But that becomes offset to the left and looks odd.

So, I have given them a suggestion to fit the cam as shown in the YELLOW circle in the pic. It will have 2 advantages - it will be in the centre and since it is in the black portion of the bumper, it wont stand out and look bad either.
Thats good idea![thumbswink]

I am not sure what will happen in future. But I am taking that chance.

I have 35% tints on my Punto and have never been caught. So I am going with 35% again on the XUV.
What about your Punto's windshield?

@Raja:
I live in chembur and everyday pass from chembur r t o were there are atleast 5-6 police standing I have extra dark tints not even once the pulled me for that .
So you pass daily from MH 03 RTO?

I have 3-4 xuvs near my complex and all are sporting dark tints from day 1 and they are still intact .
Are they having VIP numbers? Or may be big cars errr or I must say Cheetahs.. are not pulled aside.:biggrin:

Actually I dont have problem for dark tints because in my route there are hardly any cops. But only because of one point the whole game is ruined. I travel daily SION-VASHI-SION atleast via Mankhurd. There are half a dozen of cops standing under that Ghatkopar bridge from where we take right turn towards Vashi. Thats the only point where I get cops. Rest of the time no problem. And hardly my cars goes to problematic areas like Bandra and rarely go Town side.

Last edited:

Off topic and sorry raj - gears no buddy the owners of xuv are normal guys no VIPs , have you seen the r t o chowky near priyadarshini garden were they tow vehicles and keep ? I pass from there . Iam sure you won't have any problems buddy go for it , safer side follow superbads recommendation .

Congratualtions

@Raj, congratulations on your XOOVY
and I like the new name, than the earlier one

Waiting for a detailed review when the white xoovy comes your home.
Till then all the best for the damn waiting!!

Thread Starter #51
Re: Congratualtions

@ raj- don't you think that camera position can be a little problematic since bikers in Mumbai follow extremely disciplined driving ethics ? [frustration]
Why just the camera... even the reverse sensors are at great risk!

But I think they are sufficiently durable, atleast from small impacts. My Punto has been rear ended twice, at low speeds. The sensors in it work beautifully!

What about your Punto's windshield?
I normally dont like sunfilms on the windshield.

@Raj, congratulations on ur XOOVY
and I like the new name, than the earlier one

Waiting for a detailed review when the white xoovy comes your home.
Till then all the best for the damn waiting!!
Thank you bro. I am hoping the delivery would happen this weekend.

Last edited:

Many congratulations ones again buddy. Looks like you are obsessed with White color. Almost all your vehicles are white.

OT: Nice signature, but why so harsh on Innova, resident evil!

@Raj

Congrats on your new XUV white (Xoovy, it just looks to me calling our fellow TAIan[;)])

Oh if it is 30/31st then I am there in Mumbai for the receiving ceremony unofficially[clap] I do not look for any invitations from friends !!

Thread Starter #58

Many congratulations ones again buddy. Looks like you are obsessed with White color. Almost all your vehicles are white.

OT: Nice signature, but why so harsh on Innova, resident evil!
In the Scorpio and Punto, white was my only choice. But in XUV, my choice was Purple, Silver, Grey and Black. White was my family's choice.

Innova is the resident evil because it refuses to leave even after a Lac kms! [evil]

@Raj

Congrats on your new XUV white (Xoovy, it just looks to me calling our fellow TAIan)

Oh if it is 30/31st then I am there in Mumbai for the receiving ceremony unofficially. I do not look for any invitations from friends !!
Thank you bro!

I guess we can soon expect a nice comparo between Innova and XUV
in the first page i asked this same question[roll].so awaiting for a nice comparison between innova and my dream one.
Good idea. Yes, I will post a pictorial comparo of the Innova v/s XUV.

Thread Starter #59

Looks like there will be a small delay. The vehicle was supposed to be delivered this Friday (day after tomorrow), but now I am informed that it can be delivered only by Monday.

The delay is due to some misunderstanding in the RTO processing time. Damn the Sunday!

I was told the same thing. If you have balance left to pay, you can see the dealer pulling all strings to make the delivery happen within the given time.

We too were told the same thing since we did not intimate the dealer how we were going to opt for insurance. I was looking for the best quotes and during the proposed time a week ago we opted for insurance from our side.

Then he started giving excuses that we can proceed for the RTO procedure only after the cover note reaches the yard and another two days for RTO approval.

We held back some amount saying we will pay it only when the due procedures are complete.

Also dealer was quoting varied pricing for choosing specific numbers.
Dad got angry so he said he would accept any number given to us provided we get it on the stipulated time.

Then we got the confirmation that procedures had got completed only day before the delivery.

Top Bottom