Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV 5OO

but you could have said that the reverse camera stopped working since the time they opened the dash to check for AC. if you had given that account , they would have addressed it.
Exactly , because they were the ones who after attending the car , created the problem in first place .

But anyway since the problem is solved now , It's better that raj goes to G3 in future and not to other a.s.s like global galleria and whatever with whom he had not so great experience .

Thread Starter #272
but you could have said that the reverse camera stopped working since the time they opened the dash to check for AC. if you had given that account , they would have addressed it.
Exactly , because they were the ones who after attending the car , created the problem in first place .

But anyway since the problem is solved now , It's better that raj goes to G3 in future and not to other a.s.s like global galleria and whatever with whom he had not so great experience .
I could have. But they claimed the camera has gone bad and I can get it rectified from Global Gallarie under warranty.

I had this suspicion that the camera is fine, but since they had done an excellent job with the other issues of my car, I did not really want to fight with the SE. But yes, I will give them a poor rating when they call for a feedback. That is how I will vent my discomfort.

Raja:
It goes without saying - my car will only go to G3 now.

Thread Starter #273
Just realized -

One of my chauffeur had broken the cover over the charging point. I guess he tried to forcefully close it with a charger connected to the charging point. It misaligned from the hinges and hence would not close or open fully, thereby making it impossible to use the USB slot or cubby hole inside that flap. I had casually mentioned this to the SE in G3. He did not make any note of it in the job card nor did he mention anything about it in the invoice.

Few days back, I was fiddling with the cover and was surprised to note that it has been rectified. The flap now is perfectly fine and opens fully. G3 rectified it without even charging me for it or mentioning it in the job card.

By the way, I had mentioned the same problem to Infinity Autolinks as well, they asked me to change the entire instrument console claiming its broken!

Another brownie point for G3!

Thread Starter #274
Xoovy has done 32500 kms now. His 30k service is still pending. He did an amazing 12500 kms in just 3 months!

My family did a trip to Kerela in Xoovy recently. He delivered a fuel efficiency of 16 kmpl on the highways. Even in Kerela, the FE hovered between 14-17 kmpl owning to lighter traffic, when compared to Mumbai!

Issues - None.

This time, instead of me talking about the car, I will write about what my family and chauffeur thinks about it, since they were the ones who did such a long trip in it.

The good:
+ Chilling A/C
+ Space
+ Good ride quality with load
+ Integrated MMI Navigation!

The bad:
- Chauffeur feels the acceleration is too much for Indian roads! I guess what he would say if he ever drives the Q7 4.2 TDi!

I will update more after the scheduled service.

Attachments

Thread Starter #276
fe of 16 is just unbelievable man! what magic tricks you have?
MY thunderbolt returns a max 12.5 to 13.
1) Shift to 6th gear whenever possible
2) Use the torque of the engine to accelerate
3) Avoid heavy throttle inputs

P.S.: My chauffeur is a gentle driver.

Thread Starter #277
Xoovy's 30k paid service is done. It was done at G3 motors because of my past good experience with them. Once again, they have exceeded my expectations.

Except for one small grouse - I sent my car with the chauffeur and they gave an estimate of 10k for the service! For non-XUV owners, XUV requires an oil change only every 20k and the 30k service is merely a 'check-up' service where nothing is changed or replaced. Only essential fluids are topped up. On asking why they need 10k, the SA started talking about -

• EGR cleaning
  • Wheel balancing and alignment
  • A/C filter replace
  • etc.

I immediately asked them not to do the EGR cleaning since M&M does not ask us to do it. Also, I had got wheel alignment and balancing done just a month back from a trusted tyre dealer and it was fine. The SA claimed that A/C filter replacement is necessary as M&M has asked them to change it every 10k kms, so I gave them a go ahead on that. I do not know how far that is true though, but I anyways wanted to get the A/C filter replaced!

Breakup of bill :

1. Air filter assembly = Rs. 827/-
  2. Air filter cover = Rs. 35/-
  3. Labour charge for paid service = Rs. 1750/-
  4. Service plus (they claim its for consumables) = Rs. 450/-

Additional items :

1. Rear brake pads = Rs. 3920/-
  2. Headlight bulb (Osram long life bulb) = Rs. 253/-
  3. Consumables = Rs. 150/-
  4. Labour charge = Rs. 1750/-
Total bill including -

• Service tax - 12%
  • Educational Cess - 2%
  • Higher Educational Cess - 1%
  • VAT - 12.5%
  • Phew!!!

Rs. 10,200/-

Differences noticed -

• The A/C filter change has increased the air flow from vents thereby increasing cooling.
  • Biggest difference has been in the brakes! In the last visit to G3, they had changed the front brake pads, master cylinder and bled the line. That had improved the braking tremendously over the stock car. Now, after changing the worn out rear brake pads as well, the braking has improved greatly. Brake bite and feel is simply superb. A light tap on the brake pedal is all that it needs and the pedal does not feel spongy as before. This feels very reassuring and this is how it should have always been since the launch of the XUV.
I will again give G3 a 9/10 for their excellent workmanship. Why not 10/10? Well, their service centre is not really spacious. Plus their washing bay is right in front of the reception door! In other words, the service centre does not look very neat or organized.

By the way, G3 uses 3M tyre dresser after your car is cleaned.

Small update on FE: My chauffeur drives with a light foot. He manages to extract 11 kmpl in city with AC. Of course, not in very dense traffic.

On a different note, some eye candy for M&M lovers -

528343_10152117641589173_1317690015_n.jpg

1483116_10152117643049173_1249654337_n.jpg

1510402_10152117642224173_2006497796_n.jpg

1525388_10152117641469173_499097913_n.jpg

1525630_10152117640854173_332101189_n.jpg

1525752_10152117641599173_391509836_n.jpg

1533878_10152113347499173_1286108656_n.jpg

1549243_10152117642349173_1411410856_n.jpg

1549456_10152117642624173_734382133_n.jpg

1554438_10152117641219173_358189609_n.jpg

SUPER MILO TEASER 1 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello again,
Interesting update!
1. Isnt there oil change at 30K?

2./ Seems like brake Life of XUV is about 30k Kms. They've always felt fantastic whether new or not. I inadvertently tested them from 170-Zero and any other car would have banged off.

3. What is done in EGR cleaning? i've never done that on any of the cars i've owned. Seems it requires a lot of Dismantling/ Unbolting to reach EGR?

4. We might me Paying around 2500 Tax on 10k bills. Thanks to indian govt.

5. Wheel balancing seems dud to me as weights fly off during potholes. I happens on my Fortuner and safari as well. Also, Wheel Balancing and Alignment at mahindra ASS is pretty expensive.

6. Is the wash free in 30k Service as well?

7. Where did you find these interesting action shots? Like em!

May I invite you to check out new updates and mods on my thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...detailed-review-decals-audio-led-mods-10.html

Thread Starter #280
Hello again,
Interesting update!
1. Isnt there oil change at 30K?
No, oil changes are every 20k kms.

2./ Seems like brake Life of XUV is about 30k Kms. They've always felt fantastic whether new or not. I inadvertently tested them from 170-Zero and any other car would have banged off.
My car was from the second batch and braking was spongy and lacked bite. Now though, its perfect.

3. What is done in EGR cleaning? i've never done that on any of the cars i've owned. Seems it requires a lot of Dismantling/ Unbolting to reach EGR?
I think it is just a way to grab some extra money from the customers.

5. Wheel balancing seems dud to me as weights fly off during potholes. I happens on my Fortuner and safari as well. Also, Wheel Balancing and Alignment at mahindra ASS is pretty expensive.
That is why I get it done at a reliable and dependable tyre dealer outside the A.S.S.
6. Is the wash free in 30k Service as well?
Washing is free in every service.

7. Where did you find these interesting action shots? Like em!
"Mahindra Adventure" Facebook page.

Sirji i recommend a engine oil change every 10k kms no matter what the manufacturer suggests especially for our conditions.
I checked the oil in my car and it was absolutely fine, which makes me believe that the quality of oil used is pretty good. I do not think there should be any problems if we maintain the 20k interval.

Thread Starter #281
Sorry for not updating this thread in a while. Reason being I am now settled in Dubai and I rarely get to report a hands on experience with Xoovy. I recently went to Mumbai and drove it to my heart's content.

Anyways, Xoovy has done 80,000 kms now. No major issues to be reported thought it has a conked off LHS low beam bulb. Rest, the vehicle is taking the abuse pretty well and the cabin is fairly silent and free of rattles.

The seats of Xoovy still surprise me with the support and comfort and the AC chills really really well, making driving and being driven in Xoovy a really comfortable affair.

Oh yes, some part of the clutch was changed under warranty because it was close to failing. It was done at G3 motors and bill amount was zero.

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while. Reason being I am now settled in Dubai and I rarely get to report a hands on experience with Xoovy. I recently went to Mumbai and drove it to my heart's content.

Anyways, Xoovy has done 80,000 kms now. No major issues to be reported thought it has a conked off LHS low beam bulb. Rest, the vehicle is taking the abuse pretty well and the cabin is fairly silent and free of rattles.

The seats of Xoovy still surprise me with the support and comfort and the AC chills really really well, making driving and being driven in Xoovy a really comfortable affair.

Oh yes, some part of the clutch was changed under warranty because it was close to failing. It was done at G3 motors and bill amount was zero.
Hi Raj,

can you tell us the kms when the clutch was changed. and what about the tyre conditions which tyres and when were they changed?

Thread Starter #283
Hi Raj,

can you tell us the kms when the clutch was changed. and what about the tyre conditions which tyres and when were they changed?
The clutch part (chauffeur does not know the name of that part) was changed at approximately 77000 kms. The clutch assembly was not changed. Tyres have not been changed till now. It is time to change them but there is some tread left and considering the rough conditions that Xoovy has to go through everyday, I think we will change it after another 5-10k.

The clutch part (chauffeur does not know the name of that part) was changed at approximately 77000 kms. The clutch assembly was not changed. Tyres have not been changed till now. It is time to change them but there is some tread left and considering the rough conditions that Xoovy has to go through everyday, I think we will change it after another 5-10k.
The part that was changed should be the slave cylinder.
what are the stock tyres?? JK or bridgestones??

Top Bottom