Xinging The Shevroy Hills

Hi Mr.Ash, Nice review...

Friends, I am going on a trip to Yercaud by 26th Oct 2012,

Planning to Take, Chennai-->Vellore-->Ambur/Vaniyambadi-->Tirupattur--> Uthangarai-->Harur-->Yercaud or SH18 route instead of usual Krishnagiri-->Salem route.

Anyone has any idea about this SH18 stretch which I heard was good. Any updates on the quality of roads at this stretch from Vaniyambadi>Tirupattur>Yercaud.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=chennai&daddr=vaniyambadi+to:yercaud&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.357014,85.078125&geocode=FUZJxwAd74LIBClhM31P6mVSOjEz1GNoC6dhbg%3BFdx5wQAdApqvBCkNC_aZo6mtOzHMxda6wG3Oig%3BFROtswAd6mCpBCnr1UdHK_SrOzHu59VFmc08HQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

Hello dude!!

An excellent review with lot of details Next time make sure to visit my place.

Cheers!!

Rajesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
Chennai-->Vellore-->Ambur/Vaniyambadi-->Tirupattur--> Uthangarai-->Harur-->Yercaud or SH18 route instead of usual Krishnagiri-->Salem route.

Anyone has any idea about this SH18 stretch which I heard was good. Any updates on the quality of roads at this stretch from Vaniyambadi>Tirupattur>Yercaud.
First of all welcome to TAI. Thank you so much!!

Even I thought of this route but heard thru lot of them that the stretch from Tirupattur to Harur is in worst condition with lot of pot-holes. Also from Vaniyambadi after taking diversion to Tirupattur the road is shrunk to 2 lanes with too many bends and blind spots. I had travelled many times in this route but found it to be unsafe to travel with family especially night time.

Cheers,
Ash...

First of all welcome to TAI. Thank you so much!!

Even I thought of this route but heard thru lot of them that the stretch from Tirupattur to Harur is in worst condition with lot of pot-holes. Also from Vaniyambadi after taking diversion to Tirupattur the road is shrunk to 2 lanes with too many bends and blind spots. I had travelled many times in this route but found it to be unsafe to travel with family especially night time.

Cheers,
Ash...
Thanks Mr.Ash, Heard the lane was very scenic and in good condition. If the travel is in the morning how will be the drive! Just a curiosity!

Heard from a source travelled this Aug'12, This road(SH-18) is now butter smooth and very scenic , Hence decided to take this road to Yercaud from Chennai.

Route Decided:
Chennai-->Vellore-->Ambur/Vaniyambadi-->Tirupattur--> Uthangarai-->Harur-->Yercaud or SH18 route instead of usual Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Yercaud route.

Will feedback post my trip...Cheers! :smile:

The route between Harur and Yercaud would be lovely and you will enjoy the virgin forests as most of the people wont be travelling via this route to yercaud. However, the route between Tirupattur and Harur would not be in good shape.

Thread Starter #23
The route between Harur and Yercaud would be lovely and you will enjoy the virgin forests as most of the people wont be travelling via this route to yercaud. However, the route between Tirupattur and Harur would not be in good shape.
I'm not sure about the road condition after the recent rainfall. There are lot of pvt buses plying in this route since there are many villages and towns in between... However lets hear it from Diesel after his visit!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
Heard from a source travelled this Aug'12, This road(SH-18) is now butter smooth and very scenic , Hence decided to take this road to Yercaud from Chennai.

Route Decided:
Chennai-->Vellore-->Ambur/Vaniyambadi-->Tirupattur--> Uthangarai-->Harur-->Yercaud or SH18 route instead of usual Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Yercaud route.

Will feedback post my trip...Cheers! :smile:

Waiting for your feedback especially on the road conditions!! [:)]

Top Bottom