Xenons and Horn Replacement For Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #31

verna

Suspended
Got some Good info on Automotive lighting... Here goes [;)]
Automotive lamp types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will give lots of info to all those who are interested in automotive bulbs and bulb switching..
And yeah, I got tthe specification of my fogs too :

Its H27W/2 12 V 27 W US Designation :881
PGJ13 90 degree base.

Now,now... If in India, 3000K fog replacements are practically impossible. Will have to order them from ebay. (Indians prefer calling it the H27 holder type) and in ebay, its mentioned 881 holder type.... In a mess again [frustration]

What do I order ?? I've decided to go with 6000 K H4 Bi-Xenons & 3000 K HID fogs.
I'll have to order from ebay ! Any other good company webpage from where I can order ? Maybe Hella ?

@ gears1313 I agree with you dude ! But I am not getting the projectors [sad] Where can I get the bolt-on projectors from and how much do they cost? Don't even mind buying them from the internet !!! And yeah, as you said, if they use some other bulb format than H4, than how many bulbs will be used ? Like in the Philips HID conversion Kit( a pair of bulbs )..

Is it easy to install Bolt-on projectors ? How is it fixed ? Is the entire reflector setting junked or are bolt-on projectors just popped onto the reflectors along with the bulbs ??
Which brand will be available ?
Yes, sure I want the Complete Bolt-on projector for HID setup.

And yes, I want 3000K HIDs for fogs.... Where can I get them ? Which brand ?
Bolt on projectors cost you less than 10,000 including the hid setup. They use a specific kind of hid bulb. So once that burns off, you will have to change the entire projectors.

If you are having money to spend, go for a sensible retrofit with FXR if you dont mind cutting your reflectors or H1 Mini(bolt on).
And again, if you want seriously genuine philips bulbs, be prepared to shell out 4500INR for just a HID bulb. Its the retail price in USA. If you are goin for OSRAM CBI then you have to put out another 7500INR per bulb[frustration]. So what we all get in the name of genuine are the chinese fakes.

So, before you plunge in do get a good knowledge on HID stuff. More than the bling, you are playing with your vision at night.[thumbsup]

hi guys
need advice from you experts.just install 6000k osram hid kit in my fluidic verna.now want to change its fog lamps and the parking ones.dont know their specifications.please let me know what to do.
thanks

@fluidicsumit
dude , what hid's did you fix in your verna ???? specs plz!!!! and are they good enough , i mean what frequency is it ???? what about in bad weather ????

Last edited by a moderator:
It just two days that i have hid kit on my car. Light is gud. Not tried in bad weather. Its OSRAM HID KIT 6000k(pure white).the kit costs me around 7k. Now planning to go for hid kit fog lamps as they look dull.now planning to go with P8 H27 hid kit for fog lamps. The distrbutor quote me 5650/- without fitting with bill and with one year warranty. Are you also planning dr. Arun.....

well ya , i mean , i had a pair of xenons on my OHC for both the head lamps and the fogs which was really gud , had a pair of bosch xenons, but had really a very bad time when i take it to the outskirts , and if it rains , i am finished , wudnt be able to see a even a bit of the road.....so really thinkin of adding em to my fluidic , gives a gud look tho , but i am a person who travels alot frequently , so speakin about that i just dont wanna jeopardize my life and i rather compromise on the looks.....here's a pic of my OHC

Attachments

@arun
nice car. i am using hid's for the very first time. dont know much about them and i also dont travel a lot. so dear you tell me will it be a good decision to go with P8 hid kit in fog lamps or its just a showcase.

hmm.!! well according to me and may be for people who have already experienced hid's its a show case. i mean i personally feel so. but you know , its all about the looks , so if outting is not in your list then i would say its a nice add on , go ahead your already done with the headlamps so try it on the fogs as well, cheers.

well ya 6000k is fine . the fogs arent gonna be of much help anyways. and that pic is with both the heads and fogs.!

Top Bottom